Disrespectful Parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disrespectful Parents

With all the snow, ice, slush and everything else the parents bring in on their shoes, I need to put a sign on my door that lets them know they need to stay on the area rug provided at the entrance. It is 5 x 8, and yet they can't seem to keep their damn wet shoes on it. Did I say disrespectful.

I want to put up a little sign with a ditty (saying) on it, letting them know they need to stay on the rug.

Seriously, what is wrong with people today.....We had ice yesterday, and a mom came in and said ......I almost fell on my ass in the driveway.....well, yes, school is cancelled due to ice, I DID salt my driveway very well, but everyday you choose to wear shoes that are not appropriate for the weather conditions here, and then you wonder why you slip. Use your head.

So, any cute sayings for keeping your shoes on the rug?
    I have passed out papers asking them to ring the bell--And they don't.
    I asked them to stay on the rug---And they don't. You would think they don't know how to read.

Originally posted by mac60 View Post
    With all the snow, ice, slush and everything else the parents bring in on their shoes, I need to put a sign on my door that lets them know they need to stay on the area rug provided at the entrance. It is 5 x 8, and yet they can't seem to keep their damn wet shoes on it. Did I say disrespectful.

I want to put up a little sign with a ditty (saying) on it, letting them know they need to stay on the rug.

Seriously, what is wrong with people today.....We had ice yesterday, and a mom came in and said ......I almost fell on my ass in the driveway.....well, yes, school is cancelled due to ice, I DID salt my driveway very well, but everyday you choose to wear shoes that are not appropriate for the weather conditions here, and then you wonder why you slip. Use your head.

I asked them to stay on the rug---And they don't. You would think they don't know how to read.
    Sorry about that. It's too bad they don't show your home a little more respect. I'm not sure about the wording for a poem but I will brainstorm!

Comment

Maybe that can't read LOL

Sorry your dealing with that! R u looking for something for your door that they will see right? Maybe u should use pictures

Comment

Yep, looking for something I can put on the front door that says something to the effect of "Keep your damn feet on the area rug please".

Comment

I got this years ago. It is a sheet of paper with the outline of boots. On the left boot it say - "Wet, Muddy, Snow Boots - leave marks upon the floor....It makes no difference if the size is 7, 11 or 4." On the right boot it says "Please NO BOOTS OR SHOES beyond this point. THANKS!" You could put beyond the foyer rug. This is an on-going job with me and I have to vacuum up the salt crystals 2X per day but I don't want anyone to fall. Yes, I do have one Mom who wears boots with that spiky tall heals and she has come close to falling. That's all whole other story!

Comment

Yep, looking for something I can put on the front door that says something to the effect of "Keep your damn feet on the area rug please".
            Parents: When we have SNOW & ICE you will be ask to STAY on the area rug. This will keep MY CARPETS CLEANER. I would hate to raise rates to cover carpet cleaning. Please also remember, I have children during the day, and I try my best to keep sidewalks free of snow & ice, but that is not always possible. So to keep you safe, keep snow boots in your car to change out.

This is just something, I know someone will have something better

Comment

I have a note on the door saying please keep wet shoes on tile. If they step off it I say hey Jordan,... Remind dad to not step off the tile or he will make everyones socks wet. If they do it again I say STOP! Do not step on the carpet with your outside shoes!!!! And yes I yell and yes I surprise them but if they don't give me respect, I return the favor. If it happens again I say. Mr young, I would truly appreciate it if you would not walk on my carpet with your shoes. I do my best to keep the house clean and you seem to be deliberately breaking rules. Is this an issue for termination? At which point he stood there dumbfounded and quiet. He never stepped on my carpet again.

Comment

Before daycare when my son was little, I posted a sign for my friends.

"You have lead on your shoes. Lead is toxic. My baby touches the floor and eats his hands, and sometimes the floor. Therefore, your poisoning my child if you don't take off your shoes."

They got the hint, weather they believed it or not. I can't stand when people that say, "do I have to take off because my shoes aren't dirty."

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  I got this years ago. It is a sheet of paper with the outline of boots. On the left boot it say - "Wet, Muddy, Snow Boots - leave marks upon the floor....It makes no difference if the size is 7, 11 or 4." On the right boot it says "Please NO BOOTS OR SHOES beyond this point. THANKS!" You could put beyond the foyer rug. This is an on-going job with me and I have to vacuum up the salt crystals 2X per day but I don't want anyone to fall. Yes, I do have one Mom who wears boots with that spiky tall heals and she has come close to falling. That's all whole other story!
                  this is cute.

Comment

This is cute....if you like George I guess you can make yours with any name you like.
                    Attached Files
                    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

I have 3 rugs by my foyer area. I have all ceramic tile there. I have one when you first walk in. Then one to the right for boots, shoes of daycare children. Then I have a long one, the entire length of the foyer area, so they shouldn't need to step off of it for any reason! My parents are disrespecful as well at times!! It drives me insane as well!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by laundrymom View Post
                        I have a note on the door saying please keep wet shoes on tile. If they step off it I say hey Jordan,... Remind dad to not step off the tile or he will make everyones socks wet. If they do it again I say STOP! Do not step on the carpet with your outside shoes!!!! And yes I yell and yes I surprise them but if they don't give me respect, I return the favor. If it happens again I say. Mr young, I would truly appreciate it if you would not walk on my carpet with your shoes. I do my best to keep the house clean and you seem to be deliberately breaking rules. Is this an issue for termination? At which point he stood there dumbfounded and quiet. He never stepped on my carpet again.
                        Wow! I wish I had your backbone! There's no way I could do that...i would get all red in the face, start shaking and probably crying! And that be how I would be everytime I'd see hem for the next month! Good for you!!!

Comment

One of my dcp does dry wall and after 3 days in a row of him tracking mud and dry wall parts across my carpet (that I had use my little green machine to get out all the crud) I finally made a nice sign on my front door that says "Please wipe your feet before coming in" and have the out door rug at the steps and two in the foyer as soon as you walk in. I also updated my contract to say "please stay in the foyer when you come in and I will bring you your kid" and try to intercept before they even have time to walk any further then the door. Intercepting has also allowed any long chats to be stopped. 2 birds, one stone .

My house is only 3 yrs old and the carpet is already all kinds of ewww. This spring, Im having it cleaned.
                          "Being a parent is wanting to hug and strangle your kid at the same time".

Comment

Here are some cute signs

Comment

Bahahaha!!! I'm feeling a little ornery today, and this was what I was going to suggest!

How about locking the door, and letting each family in one by one. When you open the door, only back up far enough to let them in, but make sure you are "crowding" them to the point that they can't move off of the rug. Sounds really rude, but no more so than what they are doing to you by walking their nasty shoes/boots all over your clean floor!

Comment

Working...
                              X