Disrespectful Parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by momofsix View Post
    Wow! I wish I had your backbone! There's no way I could do that...i would get all red in the face, start shaking and probably crying! And that be how I would be everytime I'd see hem for the next month! Good for you!!!
    Why should you feel bad for teaching him manners? How about a note that says. It is bad manners to walk through play spaces with shoes, stay in entry.

Comment

Please Remove your Shoes or help wash the floors

Leading Provider of Campaign Supplies, Yard Cards, Custom Signs, and Big Head Cutouts - Over 10 Million Printed! Affordable Prices & Exceptional Service.

The flopping fish one has more tasteful ones. Cute. You don't have to buy them, but can make your own.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by marniewon View Post
          Bahahaha!!! I'm feeling a little ornery today, and this was what I was going to suggest!

How about locking the door, and letting each family in one by one. When you open the door, only back up far enough to let them in, but make sure you are "crowding" them to the point that they can't move off of the rug. Sounds really rude, but no more so than what they are doing to you by walking their nasty shoes/boots all over your clean floor!
          this is actually what i do. i make sure the child is on the "going out" side of my body first and i stand right where the tile meets the carpet. i do it mostly to keep the kiddos from running wild, but also to keep shoes off the carpet too......

Comment

this is way too funny. you don't have to read far into it to get the idea. HAHAHAHAHA.

Comment

"Wet shoes not permitted beyond this point."

Put on a sign that is on a stand, like "Please wait to be seated" at a restaraunt.

I've noticed my parents will look right through a sign that is in front of their face, unless it is floating in their way.

Comment

Originally posted by missnikki View Post
                "Wet shoes not permitted beyond this point."

I've noticed my parents will look right through a sign that is in front of their face, unless it is floating in their way.
                That sign is just asking for trouble. If we haven't all realized, people are dumb, and they will think that muddy shoes will be fine, poopy shoes will be fine, but if it's raining that's the only time they can't cross that line.

People can read something 1000 times, but if they don't want to understand what it says, they won't. Some people, no matter how nice they are, are completely unaware of the things they do.

Comment

While we are on the subject of disrespectful parents-one of my daycare moms says to me this am "I just want to tell you I am going to be late tonight." It's probably only going to be 10-15 min. OMG!! She has to pick up somthing after work. I already had plans to leave the house right at closing time! I know she will not pay me any extra either. Sometimes you just want to scream!! On a lighter note, I only have one child in daycare today. One is sick and one has a DR. appt. with shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa daycare View Post
                    While we are on the subject of disrespectful parents-one of my daycare moms says to me this am "I just want to tell you I am going to be late tonight." It's probably only going to be 10-15 min. OMG!! She has to pick up somthing after work. I already had plans to leave the house right at closing time! I know she will not pay me any extra either. Sometimes you just want to scream!! On a lighter note, I only have one child in daycare today. One is sick and one has a DR. appt. with shots.
                    I think I would have said, oh, I have plans right away after work tonight. But.....if you really need to be late, I guess I can change them, just remember to bring the $xx late fee for me. Wait, maybe I wouldn't say that - if it was a parent who didn't mind paying the late fees, she might decide to be late all the time, figuring you'd just change plans. I would have either said, NO, I'm sorry, I need to leave on time tonight. OR Okay, make sure to bring the $xx for the late fees when you pick up. One or the other, depending on how important your plans were for after work.

Comment

Originally posted by Little People View Post
                      I especially like #5!!

Comment

I have this problem !!! My rug is ruined from these parents..NOT The kids..the PARENTS.. I have a mom that wears big ole boots and walks her child here from her house - she is two blocks away...she NEVER stays on the rug and drags salt, snow and dirt alllll over my wood floors. I found a rug in my garage that is Larger that covers the whole area .

I put a blurb in my newsletter to please wipe your feet before entering as the salt, snow and dirt are not good for my wood floors and the babies will eat the salt, I put the salt down for their protection from falling down but will stop if they keep dragging it in...This didnt phase them..they still came in without wiping or tapping their feet...

I vacuumed up 5 cups for salt from my rug last week and was fed up so I put the note on the door so they see it before coming in - PLEASE WIPE AND TAP YOUR BOOTS/SHOES BEFORE ENTERING OR REMOVE THEM"

I also have a large tub that all the kids are to put their boots/shoes in the tub when they take them off.

I would LOVE to go into their houses and tromp around all over with my boots on ! So rude !!! Drives me CRAZY !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DanceMom View Post
                          I have this problem !!! My rug is ruined from these parents..NOT The kids..the PARENTS.. I have a mom that wears big ole boots and walks her child here from her house - she is two blocks away...she NEVER stays on the rug and drags salt, snow and dirt alllll over my wood floors. I found a rug in my garage that is Larger that covers the whole area .

I put a blurb in my newsletter to please wipe your feet before entering as the salt, snow and dirt are not good for my wood floors and the babies will eat the salt, I put the salt down for their protection from falling down but will stop if they keep dragging it in...This didnt phase them..they still came in without wiping or tapping their feet...

I vacuumed up 5 cups for salt from my rug last week and was fed up so I put the note on the door so they see it before coming in - PLEASE WIPE AND TAP YOUR BOOTS/SHOES BEFORE ENTERING OR REMOVE THEM"

I also have a large tub that all the kids are to put their boots/shoes in the tub when they take them off.

I would LOVE to go into their houses and tromp around all over with my boots on ! So rude !!! Drives me CRAZY !!!!!!

AUGH!!

That wouldve sent me reeling. Id put up a sign that says "we now do like the Chinese do, take of your shoes before coming in!".
                          "Being a parent is wanting to hug and strangle your kid at the same time".

Comment

Originally posted by E Daycare View Post
                            AUGH!!

That wouldve sent me reeling. Id put up a sign that says "we now do like the Chinese do, take of your shoes before coming in!".
                            Haha I would but one of my clients are chinese ::

Comment

Originally posted by DanceMom View Post
                              Haha I would but one of my clients are chinese ::
                              OMG shouldnt they KNOW then?
                              "Being a parent is wanting to hug and strangle your kid at the same time".

Comment

I used to be a major stickler about taking off shoes. But now lots of people have sandals/slippers they keep here to wear. My dad wears rubbers so he just takes those off and keeps his shoes on, but he is old and it's hard for him to tie his shoes, .

If it's raining or muddy or snowy boots take them off for sure. But in the summer, I usually tell people to keep their sandals/shoes on if they want to. Because i know often my floors are sandy (from the sandbox), wet from the kids int he sprinkler, dog hair is annoying or just smelly feet ewww.....

But when people just walk in with shoes and I haven't said "don't worry about it, leave them on" it makes me sooooo mad. I'm very irritable, and if someone doesn't have the courtesy to at least assume that I want them off, it erks me big time. Assume that I want them off, if I tell you otherwise then fine.

Just like people who butt on my sidewalk, grrrrr.....

I have a sign in my bathroom, it's clearly visible to anyone using the bathroom, it says

Our aim is to keep this bathroom clean...Gentlemen...your aim will help, please stand closer, it's shorter than you think....Ladies....Please remain seated for the entire performance.

If only the kids could read....

I also like the one "if you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and wipe the seatie."

Comment

Working...
                                X