Spoiler Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TwinMama View Post
    Ok. Good!!! I just feel a certain responsibility with my dck's. I want them to learn good things, but at the same time I have to remember that I can't put it all on my shoulders.

Thank you!!!
    Who says what mom is teaching him or their way of celebrating isn't good? Just because you do not agree and do not like the way they celebrate or do things doesn't mean it is not good.
    By your comment, "I want them to learn good things." It comes off as though you think what mom is teaching him or their way of doing things isn't "good."
    Some people in this world should really learn to understand that their way is not always right at least not for everyone and just because they do not agree with other's ways, does not mean that it's bad, their bad, or that their lazy parenting as someone else put it.

For instance, my husband and I are non believers and quite frankly do not care for nor about religion or faith. However, we are more than tolerant and respectful of those that choose that path. We also do not tell our child about Santa and all of the other made up things as we feel it is silly and unnecessary as well as even abusive to lie to your kids when you know it's false. BUT that is just our belief. Others feel differently and that is quite alright. I like that we are surrounded by diversity. Now, we have never told our 3 year old about Santa, but guess who won't be quiet this year about Santa, because he learned it at school. Even though we do not teach him those things, we do not take away his imagination either, nor do we agg it on when he starts talking about it. We acknowledge him and then move on.
    We are most certainly not lazy, because we choose not to engage in those things. We just have a different way of doing things, but doesn't mean it's not good. It's just our way. Again, some people really need to learn to just not make a big fuss over things, especially when they're not your place to.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Who says what mom is teaching him or their way of celebrating isn't good? Just because you do not agree and do not like the way they celebrate or do things doesn't mean it is not good.
      By your comment, "I want them to learn good things." It comes off as though you think what mom is teaching him or their way of doing things isn't "good."
      Some people in this world should really learn to understand that their way is not always right at least not for everyone and just because they do not agree with other's ways, does not mean that it's bad, their bad, or that their lazy parenting as someone else put it.

For instance, my husband and I are non believers and quite frankly do not care for nor about religion or faith. However, we are more than tolerant and respectful of those that choose that path. We also do not tell our child about Santa and all of the other made up things as we feel it is silly and unnecessary as well as even abusive to lie to your kids when you know it's false. BUT that is just our belief. Others feel differently and that is quite alright. I like that we are surrounded by diversity. Now, we have never told our 3 year old about Santa, but guess who won't be quiet this year about Santa, because he learned it at school. Even though we do not teach him those things, we do not take away his imagination either, nor do we agg it on when he starts talking about it. We acknowledge him and then move on.
      We are most certainly not lazy, because we choose not to engage in those things. We just have a different way of doing things, but doesn't mean it's not good. It's just our way. Again, some people really need to learn to just not make a big fuss over things, especially when they're not your place to.
      I'm sorry that people make you feel that way. This post was brought back from a couple of weeks ago with a NEW question. My NEW question was that dcb talks about getting all the time. His mom wants him to talk about giving....my NEW question was whether I should keep redirecting dcb to giving which is what his mom is trying to teach him. He doesn't seem to get it. The answer is no...this is Mom's job. This is about my dcb and dcm and where I need to draw the line.

Comment

Again, some people really need to learn to just not make a big fuss over things, especially when they're not your place to.

And some people need to learn reading comprehension and not get offended over another person's post.

Comment

I have a deeply religious Catholic family in my care, and 5yo dcg told the kids last week that Jesus is real, Santa is not.

At first, I was alarmed, as this is the first time that's ever happened. But I just said the "different families believe different things" and quickly moved on. Later, I talked with dcg about not spoiling it for "the little kids," which she loved to think that made her a "big kid" then. I thought of having dcm reitierate at home, but decided that I was not up for a religious debate. And thus far, it has not been an issue again.

P.S. Me thinks "Unregistered" is just looking to pick a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Care View Post
            And some people need to learn reading comprehension and not get offended over another person's post.
            :hug:::

Comment

Originally posted by KIDZRMYBIZ View Post
              I have a deeply religious Catholic family in my care, and 5yo dcg told the kids last week that Jesus is real, Santa is not.

At first, I was alarmed, as this is the first time that's ever happened. But I just said the "different families believe different things" and quickly moved on. Later, I talked with dcg about not spoiling it for "the little kids," which she loved to think that made her a "big kid" then. I thought of having dcm reitierate at home, but decided that I was not up for a religious debate. And thus far, it has not been an issue again.

:hug:

Comment

Likewise. No one here was offended. So stop assuming. I made a point. Sorry you can't see past whatever it is in order to see that. My post was nothing but nice and straight to the point. Sorry you can't comprehend that there was nothing negative in it. Maybe read it again instead of assuming I was offended.

Comment

Me thinks you're ignorant.
                  Unregistered was just making a very valid point. Not picking a fight at all. I swear you people have some issues and need to get over yourselves. And yes, now I'm irritated and voicing my not so nice opioin as some of you bigots have been doing though out the post. If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen. A lot of you talk crap about families on a daily, but can not stop for one second to see if from anyone else's point of view. Now, I see why so many people look at home providers with some kind of worry, because the place is filled with a lot of bitter people and I wouldn't be surprised if some providers here end up like some of these news stories. This is one of the reasons I got out of owning my own childcare. It seems like a business that is ran by bitter people.

This post was brought up just to continue to complain about this parent. All I did was ask. What isn't good about what the family is choosing to do. But of course it gets side tracked with accusations when you have closed minded individuals. There was NOTHING attacking not derogatory nor confrontational about my post, FYI!!!

Comment

Agreed. Someone who equates Santa with being abusive has issues.
                    I hope they never have to witness real child abuse as many of us have. But perhaps then they would not be so flippant.

In any event this thread has run its course.

Anyway, OP, I'm glad you have been able to work out a solution that works for ALL your clients. lovethis
                    Merry Christmas!

Comment

Agreed. Someone who equates Santa with being abusive has issues.
                      I hope they never have to witness real child abuse as many of us have. But perhaps then they would not be so flippant.

In any event this thread has run its course.

Anyway, OP, I'm glad you have been able to work out a solution that works for ALL your clients. lovethis
                      Merry Christmas!

Again, your ignorance is showing with your assuming. First of all you need to take your own advice and get some reading comprehension- I did not equate Santa to abusive. I said lying to your child about something you know is false is abusive. And I have been abused as a child. Grew up in a very abusive home physical, verbal, mental, and emotional abuse as well as sexually outside of my home. So there you go again. You never know what a persons reason are for the way they do things and morons like you are the ones that have issues!! Sorry, not sorry that you got offended because I put my opioin out there and made a statement about my own personal choices, just to make a point that everyone does things their own way for their own reasons. And YES, i do have issues like diagnosed PTSD hence the reason I do some of the things I do with my child. If I feel like keeping him away from certain things is going to protect him then that is MY prerogative and I should not be judge by closed minded bigots just because I choose not to believe or practice silly crap as should no other parent! But in the land of the this forum everyone is one their high horse and knows better than a child's own parent. (Take note, the last sentence was sarcasm- just thought I might need to spell it out for you since YOU have no reading comprehension as you like to put it)

Comment

some people need to learn reading comprehension
                        ssssscuse me? I have just got 95% in my English reading comprehension test! :: (sorry, the memories of that test are still fresh and raw)

Comment

Me thinks you're ignorant.
                          Unregistered was just making a very valid point. Not picking a fight at all. I swear you people have some issues and need to get over yourselves. And yes, now I'm irritated and voicing my not so nice opioin as some of you bigots have been doing though out the post. If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen. A lot of you talk crap about families on a daily, but can not stop for one second to see if from anyone else's point of view. Now, I see why so many people look at home providers with some kind of worry, because the place is filled with a lot of bitter people and I wouldn't be surprised if some providers here end up like some of these news stories. This is one of the reasons I got out of owning my own childcare. It seems like a business that is ran by bitter people.

This post was brought up just to continue to complain about this parent. All I did was ask. What isn't good about what the family is choosing to do. But of course it gets side tracked with accusations when you have closed minded individuals. There was NOTHING attacking not derogatory nor confrontational about my post, FYI!!!
                          Again, your ignorance is showing with your assuming. First of all you need to take your own advice and get some reading comprehension- I did not equate Santa to abusive. I said lying to your child about something you know is false is abusive. And I have been abused as a child. Grew up in a very abusive home physical, verbal, mental, and emotional abuse as well as sexually outside of my home. So there you go again. You never know what a persons reason are for the way they do things and morons like you are the ones that have issues!! Sorry, not sorry that you got offended because I put my opioin out there and made a statement about my own personal choices, just to make a point that everyone does things their own way for their own reasons. And YES, i do have issues like diagnosed PTSD hence the reason I do some of the things I do with my child. If I feel like keeping him away from certain things is going to protect him then that is MY prerogative and I should not be judge by closed minded bigots just because I choose not to believe or practice silly crap as should no other parent! But in the land of the this forum everyone is one their high horse and knows better than a child's own parent. (Take note, the last sentence was sarcasm- just thought I might need to spell it out for you since YOU have no reading comprehension as you like to put it)
                          It's one thing to have a difference of opinion. That's what makes this forum great.... not everyone sees things from the same perspective so therefore we learn and share and grow.

But calling names and being downright rude towards registered members is simply unacceptable.

Is that biased towards those that are registered?
                          Yep. But that's one of the perks you get for being registered.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Pistachio View Post
                            ssssscuse me? I have just got 95% in my English reading comprehension test! :: (sorry, the memories of that test are still fresh and raw)
                            I didn't mean you!!
                            I thought your post was very thoughtful and I always appreciate hearing things from a parent perspective. lovethis

I feel that certain subjects tend to get people's back up, especially if it's questioning a practice that they may do/not do.

As providers we try our best to accommodate ALL beliefs do that the kiddos feel welcome and safe. It's nice to have a place to ask the best way to go about it.

Comment

I didn't mean you!!
                              I thought your post was very thoughtful and I always appreciate hearing things from a parent perspective. lovethis

I feel that certain subjects tend to get people's back up, especially if it's questioning a practice that they may do/not do.

As providers we try our best to accommodate ALL beliefs do that the kiddos feel welcome and safe. It's nice to have a place to ask the best way to go about it.
                              Which is exactly why I put a laughing smiley in

As for holidays, my view has always been "the more, the merrier." We celebrate New Year's, and a year ago, we were kinda forced to add Christmas, and this year we added Hanukkah, and I have a feeling that if we continue to light the menorah next year, we'll have to add 8 gifts for Hanukkah, and by then, someone may blurt the word "Advent" out, and I may buy an Advent calendar (you know, that house with small doors for little gifts/candy)... I am anxiously waiting for my Gengis Khan roots to pop out: I am NOT fasting for Ramadan! ::
                              We got Christmukkah this year, and we all enjoyed it.
                              I am (almost) prepared to deal with Santa questions, just not from a 3-year-old.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Pistachio View Post
                                Which is exactly why I put a laughing smiley in

As for holidays, my view has always been "the more, the merrier." We celebrate New Year's, and a year ago, we were kinda forced to add Christmas, and this year we added Hanukkah, and I have a feeling that if we continue to light the menorah next year, we'll have to add 8 gifts for Hanukkah, and by then, someone may blurt the word "Advent" out, and I may buy an Advent calendar (you know, that house with small doors for little gifts/candy)... I am anxiously waiting for my Gengis Khan roots to pop out: I am NOT fasting for Ramadan! ::
                                We got Christmukkah this year, and we all enjoyed it.
                                I am (almost) prepared to deal with Santa questions, just not from a 3-year-old.
                                This had me -ing, for real!

Comment

Working...
                                X