Who Thinks He's Cute?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
    Rewarding someone for video taping their child acting completely obnoxious?!?

Yep.

Good grief! *sigh*

Rewarding for bad behavior ::::::::::

Comment

While watching this I kept thinking, "Why are they even discussing this"? Once you give your answer, don't allow him to debate you. This is not cute or funny. In response to his calling his mom Linda, DD has called us by our first names since she could talk so I have no problem with this. It wasn't a sign of disrespect. My family didn't realize that they were saying "Sally and John" instead of mommy/daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
        Oh, wow
        that was painful to watch

I think I just had an anxiety attack!

His little mannerisms are probably like his dad.
        His closing his eyes and tipping his head up, that was about the only cute thing I saw
        Everything else was a train wreck
        We have a saying at our house
        " say what you mean and mean what you say"
        yikes
        ::::::
        His entire behavior is just dominance. His head up with eyes closed is him dismissing her physically. He interupts her almost completely on the third second of her talking. That's how long it takes for him to recognize that she is dominating. He interjects to get that stopped.

His hands on his hips and up in the air with palms up are also.dominance.

He repeats her name over and over as a way to overtalk her to get her to be silent.

Sorry to make this comparison but those non verbal and verbal behaviours are classic wife beater moves.

Now I am not not not not saying he is around a wife beater or he is going to be one. I'm saying that communication style both verbal and nonverbal is classic.

I would tell him to be quiet. He would be expexted to stand in parade rest with lips shut and eyes buried in mine. He would receive the prompt of what I want once and then be required to turn away quietly and go out of the room .

Any balking would start the process over.

This would be used to counter weigh his verbal and non verbal. It woukd be used to show him the other extreme.

As time went off pieces of that plan would be lifted to eventually get him face to face in normal parent child talk and listen patterns.

Not as a punishment..... I would not punish but take the behavior apart and replace with a calm.submissive interaction.
        http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
          His entire behavior is just dominance. His head up with eyes closed is him dismissing her physically. He interupts her almost completely on the third second of her talking. That's how long it takes for him to recognize that she is dominating. He interjects to get that stopped.

He repeats her name over and over as a way to overtalk her to get her to be silent.

Sorry to make this comparison but those non verbal and verbal behaviours are classic wife beater moves.

Now I am not not not not saying he is around a wife beater or he is going to be one. I'm saying that communication style both verbal and nonverbal is classic.

I would tell him to be quiet. He would be expexted to stand in parade rest with lips shut and eyes buried in mine. He would receive the prompt of what I want once and then be required to turn away quietly and go out of the room .

This would be used to counter weigh his verbal and non verbal. It woukd be used to show him the other extreme.

As time went off pieces of that plan would be lifted to eventually get him face to face in normal parent child talk and listen patterns.

Not as a punishment..... I would not punish but take the behavior apart and replace with a calm.submissive interaction.
          I see this as a part of "I want my child to like me and be my friend" syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by Scribbles View Post
            That was my first thought too. It seems we see kids every day that talk to their parents like this little one did and we see lots of kids who try to reason with or debate why they can or can't have something.

I have a 4 year old daycare boy who is a master negotiator. Everything that happens during our day is dissected and negotiated by him. He doesn't do it to be disrespectful but more so because he is trying to come to terms with the why. I think he is a really deep thinker.....not the boy in the video...but my daycare kid.
            Crazy thing, after seeing this your message, I thought of my daughter. She is 5 now, but she too is a child that analyze, think, and negotiate just about everything. Sometimes, every since she was 1 her father would say that she too smart for her own good and her mouth is going to get her in trouble. I try to correct her every time she questions something I say but it exhausted me explaining everything to her. So likes to know why and how etc. Even when it comes to homework, reading, etc. Ex. she asked me if God didn't like her because he made her two front teeth a tid bigger than her other teeth. Lol! I had to explain to her that they aren't that big and they still are small baby teeth. I told her both daddy and mommy her two big front teeth. :: Then it went to a deeper discussion about "but I thought God makes everything so that means he made my teeth bigger" It became a long discussion. Sometimes super exhausting. I am one of those mothers that really dislikes mouthy children so at times I find myself becoming upset because she likes to question everything. Her father tells me I'm too mean sometimes. If its educational or child related things, I try to answer all her why's... but if its something I say do, I leave it at BECAUSE I SAID SO. ::::

Comment

No future entitlement issues brewing at all:

Burbank, California – Last week, The Adobo Chronicles reported that three-year-old YouTube sensation Mateo Beltran who was videotaped arguing with his mom Linda over cupcakes demanded that he…

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                No future entitlement issues brewing at all:

http://adobochronicles.com/2014/03/1...ube-sensation/
                I wonder what really happened. In the article it says the child demanded money but then I watched the actual clip (link at the bottom of the article) and the child barely said two words to Ellen and nothing was said about money. As a gift Ellen gave them $10,000 to help out cause they were living with grandma in a tight situation I guess. Also gave mom a spa certificate.

If you just read the article then it sounds bad but unless we didn't see all of the video (which might be the case cause there is something that says 'original video' and it is taken off) the article is distorted.

Who knows?

Laurel

Comment

Originally posted by KidGrind View Post
                  Depends on who he grows up to be. I’m not willing to insinuate the boy based on one video will grow up to be disrespectful or emotionally abusive to a potential girlfriend.

I stole a candy bar at the age of 6 years old. Maybe there was video tape of me and those who saw it labeled me a thief and bad kid. My behavior was unacceptable. I don’t steal as an adult. My poor, illegal behavior as a kid didn’t dictate who I became as an adolescent or adult. A kid trying to score a cupcake from his mother with poor reason and antics does not lead me to believe he will grow up to be a disrespectful or emotionally abusive person. His mother finding his antics funny and deciding to record it doesn’t make her less smart.

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post

I totally agree! I was just remarking that his gestures looked learned.
                    maybe from dad, which might explain why they are living with grandma

I always say when I see videos like this,
                    One week at my house ( in his case one month) and he would be saying "yes ma'am and no sir", doing chores and learning to respect adults but at the same time keeping his self esteem, self respect, and confidence in place.
                    Learning to respect adults is a building block to a happy and successful life.

Ephesians 6:1-3
                    Children obey your parents in the Lord for this is right
                    Honor your father and mother which is the first commandment with a promise so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth
                    NIV

Comment

He made it to Ellen...

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                        Rewarding someone for video taping their child acting completely obnoxious?!?

Yep.

Good grief! *sigh*
                        There isn't a big enough eye roll smiley available for me...

Comment

wow, I just watched the Ellen clip,
                          Ellen is hilarious by the way ::
                          my dd would never argue, interrupt, call me by name,or disrespect me.
                          She would ask for a cupcake before dinner and I would say no, maybe after dinner and she would say O.K.

My dd also will be the first one to run to the freezer to get the boo boo bear if someone falls and hurts themselves. Hug someone if they are crying, made student of the month every year since Kindergarden, and last week we were out selling Girls Scout cookies and we found out that my neighbor has cancer and just got out of surgery so she ran home, made her a beautiful card and stayed with her and talking to her until she fell asleep. lovethis
                          When she was 3 we went on a cruise and the daycare kept calling our room asking when we were going to bring her, and her whole life she has shown genuine love, care, respect, and obedience to all adults in her life.

This video makes me so sad that this kid is being rewarded for what he did.
                          This mom needs parenting classes and kid needs to learn that the world does not revolve around him.
                          Take him to a children's hospital and volunteer, make cards for our soldiers, just something!!

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
                            wow, I just watched the Ellen clip,
                            Ellen is hilarious by the way ::
                            my dd would never argue, interrupt, call me by name,or disrespect me.
                            She would ask for a cupcake before dinner and I would say no, maybe after dinner and she would say O.K.

My dd also will be the first one to run to the freezer to get the boo boo bear if someone falls and hurts themselves. Hug someone if they are crying, made student of the month every year since Kindergarden, and last week we were out selling Girls Scout cookies and we found out that my neighbor has cancer and just got out of surgery so she ran home, made her a beautiful card and stayed with her and talking to her until she fell asleep. lovethis
                            When she was 3 we went on a cruise and the daycare kept calling our room asking when we were going to bring her, and her whole life she has shown genuine love, care, respect, and obedience to all adults in her life.

This video makes me so sad that this kid is being rewarded for what he did.
                            This mom needs parenting classes and kid needs to learn that the world does not revolve around him.
                            Take him to a children's hospital and volunteer, make cards for our soldiers, just something!!
                            Your daughter sounds like a fabulous human being that anyone would be lucky to have in their lives lovethis

Comment

Seriously some of these post are obnoxious not the child!!! Who are we to judge the future of this child!!! We can make no determination based on the limited information we have. I hope the mother has explained boundaries and the child knows this is unacceptable way to talk to Mama. Please everyone remember he is a child and there is no one way to parenting.. Hopefully no one judges your family in a similar manor. lovethis

Comment

Originally posted by KidGrind View Post
                                Depends on who he grows up to be. I’m not willing to insinuate the boy based on one video will grow up to be disrespectful or emotionally abusive to a potential girlfriend.
                                I didn't say this particular child was going to grow up that way, I said 'I bet those people who think he's "cute and smart" won't be thinking that when someone like that is dating their daughter and being that disrespectful to her (possibly even emotionally abusive if he's parents let this pattern continue).' because they think it's 'cute' on a young child but if he were an older child, a teenager, or a grown man (which as I said, if his parents let this behavior continue is likely he these manipulative habits will continue; and yes possibly even expand) people would have a different opinion about it. It's like when people think its 'cute' when little kids swear but think it's only disrespectful if an older child or adult does it.

Comment

Working...
                                X