WICC & Government Shut Down - HELP IMPORTANT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Childminder View Post
    Dh is on a script that cost $2000 a month and when he lost his job and our insurance ran out the drug company stepped up and is supplying the drug.

Maybe she could contact the company, or her pediatrician would, to see if they have a hardship provision within their company, many do.
    Yes that's a good idea. We went ahead and emailed them in anticipation that there's an issue. She will run out of formula before the end of the month because wic only gives her 16 cans a month and she actually needs 18 cans. She makes do because she gets extra when the girl is inpatient and using hospital formula.

We called the pediatrician to see if he or the nutritionist wrote a script if Medicaid would pay for the bags, formula, etc supplies and we haven't heard back yet on either.

Se called the children's hospital because that's e pharmacy she uses for medication to check there too because the hospital gets the formula when she goes inpatient so surely the hospital pharmacy can get it. Waiting to hear back from them too.

Any other ideas let me know, well make more calls tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by sahm1225 View Post
      please - tell her to write down her Christmas wish list. We used to adopt a family every year for Christmas until I had my own child w special needs. I've received many blessings the past year and a half and it's time to pay back. Tell her to let me adopt them for Xmas.
      Sweetie you beat me to it!
      Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
        Sweetie you beat me to it!
        Y'all are both very sweet and kind hearted.

Comment

Wow, my heart goes put to this woman and you! These kids are so very lucky to have you!! I am so glad she was able to get her toddler's formula and pray that this shut down doesnt last to the end of the month. :hug:
          Last edited by Scout; 10-04-2013, 03:50 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
            Wow, my heart goes put to this woman and you! These kids are so very lucky to have you!! I am so glad she was able to get her toddler's formula and pray that this shut down doesnt last to the end of the month. :hug:
            Thanks!! We weren't as worried about the newborns formula because it can be bought in a store, if absolutely necessary.

And I'm happy she got KY's formula also. Huge worry taken care of.

Comment

:hug: That mother is so blessed to have you taking care of her children and advocating for them (and her). Praying it all works our for her.

Comment

Originally posted by momofsix View Post
                :hug: That mother is so blessed to have you taking care of her children and advocating for them (and her). Praying it all works our for her.
                Thanks!! I love both of these babies so much.

Mom says its not fair that ky first word was JACK .. Which is my 35 lb cat. She loves that fat cat... And he loves her... As soon as she comes into the house, Jack runs (which is saying something for him ) and gets into her lap... The few times he hasn't shown up ky will throw her hands out and say "where's jack"

She CAN say mama but when her mama says "ky say mama.." She says " no, jack" instead

Let me see if I can attach a picture of her and Jack. Don't be alarmed, the cat is bigger than she is .
                Attached Files

Comment

Where is the father?
                  No more kids (birth control)

As a former welfare recipient, I eventually saw the handwriting on the wall. I was going to be forever dependent on the system (government whether local, state for federal) until my child was 18, or I had to make a change in my life to make a better one for my child.

Regardless of what type of assistance that is provided and from whom (gov't), a person has to change their mindset as to what the future can/will be for their children. This is the biggest thing that got me to go into the Navy over 20 years ago.

There is a lot of sacrifice (in any job/profession, etc.), but it can be done. As I tell my grandchildren, "Life is about choices, make good ones." They are 10 and 8 (not over 18). I stopped the welfare cycle!

Comment

Originally posted by MommieNana4 View Post
                    Where is the father?

As a former welfare recipient, I eventually saw the handwriting on the wall. I was going to be forever dependent on the system (government whether local, state for federal) until my child was 18, or I had to make a change in my life to make a better one for my child.

Regardless of what type of assistance that is provided and from whom (gov't), a person has to change their mindset as to what the future can/will be for their children. This is the biggest thing that got me to go into the Navy over 20 years ago.

There is a lot of sacrifice (in any job/profession, etc.), but it can be done. As I tell my grandchildren, "Life is about choices, make good ones." They are 10 and 8 (not over 18). I stopped the welfare cycle!
                    Wow! I don't know if you meant it this way but, this comes off as VERY judgmental! Whether you have been there or not does not give you the right to say tht this mom needs to be on birth control and have no more children. No one even said if she was planning on havong any more kids and, quite frankly, that is not for us to state or decide for her. She is blessed to have this woman care so deeply for her. I am shocken anyone even wrote this about this situation.

Comment

My kiddo has severe food issues,
                      1. Call her doc, they can occassionally get some for kiddos like this.
                      2. Facebook has an EOS and formula exchange where these special types of formulas can be exchanged. Even bags, tubes etc. Needs change and people have extra supplies, switch formula etc and dont want extras to go to waste.
                      3. Call the manufacturer, Neocate, Elecare, Nutricia are good about special circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Cradle2crayons View Post
                        I think we define handouts a little different. As I said in my previous post, when it comes to the kids, she will do what's necessary. She doesn't accept things for herself but when it comes to her kids, if worse comes to worse, she'll accept.

Geesh poor woman... Half of you are hanging her because she gets wic the oer half are hanging her because you don't think she gets enough handouts because she's too proud.

Nobody ever said she was too proud. I said she don't expect something for nothing nor does she expect society to take care of her family.

Wic and other programs were designed for people like her who actually does work and still is below poverty. They were never intended for the lazy no good deadbeat parents to take advantage of.
                        I think you lumped me into the wrong sum..... I am all for helping those that help themselves. Don't get me confused- I am not for helping people that make living off help a way of life

I do believe there is a very small % of working poverty poor, poor. Today those people are far and few between. Most people just want want want and wonder and use up energy trying to figure out why its not being handed to them instead of getting a job and doing something.

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
                          Wow! I don't know if you meant it this way but, this comes off as VERY judgmental! Whether you have been there or not does not give you the right to say tht this mom needs to be on birth control and have no more children. No one even said if she was planning on havong any more kids and, quite frankly, that is not for us to state or decide for her. She is blessed to have this woman care so deeply for her. I am shocken anyone even wrote this about this situation.
                          Ikr!! For information, she was on birth control when she got pregnant with KY. after KY was born, she had her tubes tied. As soon as she got the list of medical problems, and while KY was on life support, the dad left and never came back.

She got pregnant with CJ after her tubes were tied.

Comment

Originally posted by My3cents View Post
                            I think you lumped me into the wrong sum..... I am all for helping those that help themselves. Don't get me confused- I am not for helping people that make living off help a way of life

I do believe there is a very small % of working poverty poor, poor. Today those people are far and few between. Most people just want want want and wonder and use up energy trying to figure out why its not being handed to them instead of getting a job and doing something.
                            I don't disagree. But as my posts have shown, this mother isn't to be lumped into the category explained by your post. As why it shouldn't have ever been said.

Comment

Originally posted by MommieNana4 View Post
                              Where is the father?

All I have to say about this post is SHAME ON YOU.

This mom gets WIC only. And as a tax payer, working two jobs, she isn't on any "welfare cycle". She pays taxes. She works two jobs. And despite birth control and even a tubal ligation, she has two beautiful kids,

You post as if she's asking for handouts. I simply asked for ideas and options to assist with the fragile child's formula.

Go break the welfare cycle in another post please.

Comment

Providers it is time to move on! OP posted about help getting special formula for a family and you have turned it into a political/government post. This is a daycare forum and now that we know she is getting the help she needs we can go on. I, for one, am grateful they figured something out and feel for this woman who is doing all that she can to provide for her kiddos.

Comment

Working...
                                X