WICC & Government Shut Down - HELP IMPORTANT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cradle2crayons View Post
    This woman is a single mom working two jobs to support her family. She doesn't accept handouts. Her kids get wic but that's it besides ssi for her daughter.

She has a terrible time asking for help, but when it comes to her kids, she'll do what's necessary.

It's easy to say sell possessions but when you only have the clothes on your back what are you supposed to sell.

It's easy to say charge it but if you don't have a credit card how exactly do you do that??

This woman isn't asking for any help for Christmas... And every day I watch her out in the same pair of jeans... Seven days a week... That doesn't have a button so she uses a safety pin... Wearing shoes that have holes... Her bra is in five pieces that my sewing machine out back together because she refused to let me help her buy a bra and a pair of jeans.

I think you guys are simply throwing her into the profile of her expecting something for nothing and she is far from that profile so please don't go there.
    If she will do what's necessary to get her kids the things they needs, then maybe she should set her pride aside and accept handouts.

I will never understand people who say they are too proud to accept charity but have no issues using government assistance programs like WIC. Same thing.

Before anyone gets their panties in a wad, I am not saying anything bad about accepting or using government assistance programs.

I am just pointing out that a mother who has a child in need can't be picky about where the help comes from.

No one has ever choked swallowing their pride.

Comment

Originally posted by Leanna View Post
      It doesn't sound like this woman is going home and watching cable TV and chatting on her cell phone. I know that a lot of you on here have seen many people abuse the system, but I really think the woman the OP posted about works hard and is just poor. There are huge numbers of WORKING POOR people, especially single moms. Please stop judging her!
      No kidding geesh!! I didn't come on here asking for any government handout programs for a lazy no good mom.

I was asking if anyone knew any other avenues for the child to get her formula..

Comment

I am so glad she was able to get the formula. This government furlough is so far reaching.......it really is unbelievable!

Comment

Just, ((HUGS)) to you, to her, to those babies you do so much for.
          Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
            Just, ((HUGS)) to you, to her, to those babies you do so much for.
            Thanks. I love these babies like my own, which is a good thing because in the event the unthinkable happens, they WILL be my own.

I just wish I could do more.

Comment

please - tell her to write down her Christmas wish list. We used to adopt a family every year for Christmas until I had my own child w special needs. I've received many blessings the past year and a half and it's time to pay back. Tell her to let me adopt them for Xmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Leanna View Post
                It doesn't sound like this woman is going home and watching cable TV and chatting on her cell phone. I know that a lot of you on here have seen many people abuse the system, but I really think the woman the OP posted about works hard and is just poor. There are huge numbers of WORKING POOR people, especially single moms. Please stop judging her!
                You are right, I'm just saying I would make sure my kids are fed before I pay anything else. If she is working, her kids should eat, even if that's the only thing that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly View Post
                  You are right, I'm just saying I would make sure my kids are fed before I pay anything else. If she is working, her kids should eat, even if that's the only thing that happens.
                  Butterfly... The toddler is TUBE FED. she doesn't EAT. And her formula is $200 a day. Can you afford $6,000 a month? I can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                    If she will do what's necessary to get her kids the things they needs, then maybe she should set her pride aside and accept handouts.

I will never understand people who say they are too proud to accept charity but have no issues using government assistance programs like WIC. Same thing.

Before anyone gets their panties in a wad, I am not saying anything bad about accepting or using government assistance programs.

I am just pointing out that a mother who has a child in need can't be picky about where the help comes from.

No one has ever choked swallowing their pride.
                    I think we define handouts a little different. As I said in my previous post, when it comes to the kids, she will do what's necessary. She doesn't accept things for herself but when it comes to her kids, if worse comes to worse, she'll accept.

Geesh poor woman... Half of you are hanging her because she gets wic the oer half are hanging her because you don't think she gets enough handouts because she's too proud.

Nobody ever said she was too proud. I said she don't expect something for nothing nor does she expect society to take care of her family.

Wic and other programs were designed for people like her who actually does work and still is below poverty. They were never intended for the lazy no good deadbeat parents to take advantage of.

Comment

The price of the formula sounds off.Did she specifically tell you that is what the price is ? I know a few families who pay for their children's tube food, and I asked them, they said maybe 250 a month. Maybe a social worker told her that the formula as is 200 a day, but she should check it out on her own.

Comment

Originally posted by sahm1225 View Post
                        please - tell her to write down her Christmas wish list. We used to adopt a family every year for Christmas until I had my own child w special needs. I've received many blessings the past year and a half and it's time to pay back. Tell her to let me adopt them for Xmas.
                        Oh wow, that's very generous of you!!! I'll call her. I better buy a box of Kleenex before she comes by tomorrow.

She had a bad tire on her car last month and it blew out and left them stranded. A I offered to replace her tire and she could pay me back. She refused. So i went and picked up the kids and called a friend of mine who went out to where she was and put a tire on her car. She was so grateful she came and cleaned my house from top to bottom TWICE for a $25 used tire. Gosh I was very grateful for the house cleaning!

She's really a great lady. And she's always the first to think of others. And she's a great mom. She rushes here to get her babies and she really enjoys spending every minute she can with them. I don't get daycare moms like her often. And you can tell because her babies are healthy and happy and well adjusted children. I can't imagine having to leave my baby at the hospital to go work a shift knowing she's there crying because her mama isn't there because somebody has to work. But she does it. A LOT.

The baby is really too young for toys or anything but he always needs clothes etc. heck The toddler doesn't have many toys at her house so I'm sure there wouldn't be a duplicate but ill talk to mom and see if she has anything in mind, because we are working with her a lot with fine motor and physical therapy type play every day.

Again, that is so very generous of you. I'll PM yu when I know more.

Comment

Originally posted by se7en View Post
                          The price of the formula sounds off.Did she specifically tell you that is what the price is ? I know a few families who pay for their children's tube food, and I asked them, they said maybe 250 a month. Maybe a social worker told her that the formula as is 200 a day, but she should check it out on her own.
                          It's not the typical tube fed formula. Plus There's a calorie additive. Plus the cost of the bag it goes in. Doesn't sound off to me.... I've priced the formula, bag, and additive.

Comment

Originally posted by Cradle2crayons View Post
                            Butterfly... The toddler is TUBE FED. she doesn't EAT. And her formula is $200 a day. Can you afford $6,000 a month? I can't.
                            Sorry to offend you... just giving my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly View Post
                              Sorry to offend you... just giving my opinion.
                              I'm not offended. I was stating fact. It wouldn't matter what bills I didn't pay, there would be no way I could afford that cost alone.

Comment

Dh is on a script that cost $2000 a month and when he lost his job and our insurance ran out the drug company stepped up and is supplying the drug.

Maybe she could contact the company, or her pediatrician would, to see if they have a hardship provision within their company, many do.
                                I see little people.

Comment

Working...
                                X