Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daughter Says That Day Care Provider HITS Her..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crystal View Post

If it were me, she may also have recieved a pat of her own and would have been picking herself up off of the floor.
    LOL Crystal...you go girl!

Seriously......any provider who thinks that "patting" (yeah..right) is OK needs to lose her license. There are a thousand ways for her to have dealt with the situation without hitting the child.

Comment

I agree with everyone else....pull your children and report her immediately. There is NO circumstance where any type of physical punishment is acceptable in child care!!!!! OMG I would be LIVID if anyone "patted" my child for any reason! The police would wind up being called on me....

Comment

Originally posted by countrymom View Post
        didn't the provider realize that she was in the bathroom too long. At 3 I would really keep an eye on them. Why didn't she just send her to the corner. I wouldn't take her back.

This! I mean really, your daughter is THREE...she should ALWAYS be supervised in the bathroom, so where was the provider!?

And yes, a time out would have been much more appropriate. I mean, I know some parents "pat" their own children when something dangerous is happening, they go to touch a stove etc., but this is not her child and she must have a hands off rule 100% of the time...no exceptions.

Comment

Do not take your kids back and please report her.

Comment

All of you

For all of you who pat the kids on the bottom, of this were the case in the day care my child goes to i would be patting your face off a brick wall repeatedly. Just for you who are providers should no better because i am not the only father who thinks this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              For all of you who pat the kids on the bottom, of this were the case in the day care my child goes to i would be patting your face off a brick wall repeatedly. Just for you who are providers should no better because i am not the only father who thinks this way.
              I've re-read this thread. I didn't see any child care provider say they think a "pat" (or any other euphemism for hitting)is okay. :confused:
              Most said they would pull their child and report it at minimum. Keep in mind that most of us are also parents, too and our kids go to schools, camps, etc. and are also with adults other than us. So we "get" it.

I guess I'm not sure why you feel the need to threaten physical harm to people who agree with you? I hope that's not how you handle yourself in "real" life.

Comment

Looks like the pot stirrers are hot and heavy this morning!

Comment

Originally posted by Thriftylady View Post
                  Looks like the pot stirrers are hot and heavy this morning!
                  And they don't do grammar checks! Grrrrrrrr. That's worse for me than the actual trolling. If you're gonna troll, at least make it readable.

Comment

I chuckled at this thread coming up-last night, a 3.5 yo from my daycare told his mom that another kid's mom spanks him all the time. It's certainly not true, and the other kid's mom nearly never even SEES this kid because their hours are different. While I WOULD take it seriously and want to investigate, I also have enough experience with the under-5 set to know that MUCH of what they say is fantasy.

Comment

*yawns* Done now?

---

Meanwhile, I just read this whole thing and want an update on if OP reported and what happened afterward. But alas, it's from 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by fairymama View Post
                        My daughter goes to this day care provider with her brother
                        , and they have been there for 2 month now. What happened is that yesterday both were playing and repeating words and sentences their provider said to them ( notice that English is not our first language and kids are speaking mainly our language, but they understand some English which I think is good for now)
                        Back to my kids who were imitating their day care provider, then I heard my daughter hitting her thighs and butt( acting as if she is the day care provider), and when I asked her why you do that honey, she said that mrs xx spanked me and hit my thighs because I was playing in the soap! I was shocked because I really like the lady and think she is a kind person. I really wish that that is not true and the lady didn't hit her..and when I asked my son did Mrs xx hit yo, he said no, then asked him again who did Mrs xx hit? He said his sister's name.
                        I don't know what to do? How can I know if that happened or not? I don't want to speak to the lady directly.. Today morning I just asked her how r the kids doing, and she is said they are good, then asked her are yo happy with them, then she laughed and said yes.
                        I'm sorry but I don't know any 3 year olds that knows what a thigh is. I think they would just say leg....

Comment

Originally posted by jokalima View Post
                          Feel stupid but what is "poppin" a child?:confused:
                          Like a pop on the butt. Not a pat, not a hit, a pop

Comment

I'm sorry but I don't know any 3 year olds that knows what a thigh is. I think they would just say leg....
                            My son says knows and uses knuckle, wrist, thigh, ankle, shoulder, etc. Not just arm, leg, tummy.

Comment

Working...
                            X