No announcement yet.

Elf On The Shelf - SO ANGRY!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all boils down to lack of respect and the fact that respect is simply not taught to children any more. They are allowed to "do their own thing" and "express themselves" by their parents. They can do whatever they want, whenever they want.

I don't give a hoot whether a family believes a big brown bear is going to tiptoe through their house and leave hamburgers all over the place on the third Thursday of August. If they believe that....then by golly my children had better respect that if they are in that house.

I was taught...and I taught my own kids.....that when in somebody else's home you are respectful. You don't touch things that aren't yours.

I honestly don't care if anyone thinks I am "damaging" my daycare kids by demanding respect of my home. They all know that they are loved a lot. But they also know that I love MY kids more....just like their mom loves them more than anyone else. This is MY house. MY rules. They are GUESTS in it. They can do whatever they want at THEIR house. But not this one.

For some reason, respect is not part of parenting nowadays. It's all about letting the child do whatever they feel like with no consequences of any kind.

I completely understand how mad the OP is. I would be too. The boy knew exactly what he was doing. His parents need to be told it was NOT acceptable. It wasn't just "a kid being a kid". That is used as an excuse for EVERYTHING today.

Bottom line is MY kids come first. I would term without blinking an eye if one of my kids was hurt/teased/upset by a daycare kid and the parents didn't take it seriously.

I would be furious if one of my own kids had done that in someone else's home. But that's the problem.....parents don't care any more. Or they live by some new age code that their child should be free to do whatever he feels like and express his inner feelings without constraint.......:

Comment

Working...
    X