Elf On The Shelf - SO ANGRY!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elf On The Shelf - SO ANGRY!!!!

I have a SA child that is rarely here, but today is a half day, so he and my own kindergarten age son are here for the afternoon.

The little sh*t just walked over, touched our elf on the shelf, then said, "It doesn't matter, it isn't even a real elf."

My poor son is devastated!!!!! First off, he thinks the world of this child and feels betrayed. Second, he is now convinced our elf lost his magic and can't fly to the North Pole. Third, his little brain is now working in overdrive, trying to figure out if the little bugger was telling the truth.

I am livid!!!!!!! Kids only get to be little once, and now my poor little pumpkin is crying his eyes out. I want to strangle this kid!!!!!!!!!

Maybe tonight you could do some kind off " get the magic back". The elf can go tell Santa on this little boy and that he should not have done this.

Ladies there has to be a great way to do this so so this little guy can get his "magic" back.

Sometimes those daycare kids are not worth having around.

Comment

Originally posted by bunnyslippers View Post
      I have a SA child that is rarely here, but today is a half day, so he and my own kindergarten age son are here for the afternoon.

The little sh*t just walked over, touched our elf on the shelf, then said, "It doesn't matter, it isn't even a real elf."

My poor son is devastated!!!!! First off, he thinks the world of this child and feels betrayed. Second, he is now convinced our elf lost his magic and can't fly to the North Pole. Third, his little brain is now working in overdrive, trying to figure out if the little bugger was telling the truth.

I am livid!!!!!!! Kids only get to be little once, and now my poor little pumpkin is crying his eyes out. I want to strangle this kid!!!!!!!!!
      I would be calling the SA kid's parent and having them pick their child up IMMEDIATELY.

I realize that we are home child care providers but if a child wants to act in such mean way towards others then they need to go home. NOW.

I won't let ANYONE ruin the magic of any holiday or childhood belief for another child. NOT COOL!

Comment

I'd be tempted to send the child home!!!

I'm pretty sure I read on here from someone else doing Elf on the Shelf this season and I believe she said the kids wrote a letter to Santa when her's was touched and the kids were very open to it...maybe try that?

At the very least I would speak to this childs parent(s) at pick-up, letting them know what happened and how it's impacted your family and the daycare.

Comment

I'm going to focus on how to make your child feel better - but that is horrific behavior on part of the S/A child.

We had an elf touching incident, and wrote Santa a letter asking for our elves magic to be returned, and mailed it to the North Pole.

In our case, I had the (very sorry, crying,3.5 year old), dictate the letter to me and he signed it. But since this kid doesn't seem very sorry, you and your son could decide what to say.

Comment

Originally posted by lil angels View Post
            Maybe tonight you could do some kind off " get the magic back". The elf can go tell Santa on this little boy and that he should not have done this.

Ladies there has to be a great way to do this so so this little guy can get his "magic" back.

Sometimes those daycare kids are not worth having around.
            I like this! I think if you get creative you can salvage this. The child needs to be held accountable, so definitely tell dcp at pickup if not sooner. That is intolerable in my book! If I think of any way to "get the magic back" I will repost.

Comment

That just burns me up...I agree with Blackcat31, I would be calling the parent to pick the child up. I will not any child including my own ruin what another child believes in.

Comment

We will send a letter tonight. I honestly don't even think the mom will care. She is a bit snotty and thinks she is pretty darn special and that her children are perfect. She probably told her kids the elves were fake, since her kids don't have one.

Just broke my heart to see the look on my poor baby's face! So mean. The kid also keeps making fun of the way my 2 year old talks. I am really having to bite my otngue, b/c I am about to tell him off!!!!!!

Comment

The situation is still salvagable ... I would act extremely upset and worried for our little elf friend. Can you and the DC kids make him a little bed and cover him up because he's very sick and needs to recover quietly. You can make a bed out of a tissue box or empty wipe container. Have the kids work together on it and say that they have to believe that the elf will get better so they have to put lots of love into making him a special "get better" bed.

Then while the kids are doing that I'd pull dream killer DCB to the side and have a little chat with him. "Listen, you may not believe in magic and santa clause or our little elf but that does not mean that you can ruin the magic for the other kids. Santa and his elf may not be real to you but they are real to those who beleive like me and the dc kids. If you don't want to beleive then that's just fine but keep your comments to yourself and NEVER touch the elf again do you understand?"

I explained to my DC kids that elfs only survive out of the north pole by having santa turn them into toys, that it's like a magical disguise which helps them survive here much like how Tinker Bell would never survive in the winter woods without having her wings frosted over. Without that magic protection she could be in danger and the elfs work the same way and that being turned into toys makes them happy when they are away from the north pole so it keeps their magic from fading. They seemed convinced with that story, maybe you can try something similar.

Mu husband almost touched the elf the first day Wiley arrived ... in unison 6 DC kids from 1yo's to 8 years old all shouted "DON'T TOUCH HIM!!!" they are very protective of Wiley so I can just imagine how your DCK's feel

Comment

I used to send a note home to dc parents reminding them to talk to their kids as to not "ruin" the magic for the little ones. Granted I don't do Santa or the Elf in my day home, but we do talk about the holidays and respecting others beliefs/traditions which this would fall under, IMO.

Comment

this is where my mean and ugly voice would come out. I would have said "Dcb, you are very mean and what you said was not nice at all, you need to apoligize to ds and then go in the thinking corner and think about it" This would drive me crazy. Can your dh call and pretend to be santa and ask for your ds, he can tell ds that he's been watching what is going on and that the elf still has his magic, kids love phone calls.

Comment

Originally posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
                        The situation is still salvagable ... I would act extremely upset and worried for our little elf friend. Can you and the DC kids make him a little bed and cover him up because he's very sick and needs to recover quietly. You can make a bed out of a tissue box or empty wipe container. Have the kids work together on it and say that they have to believe that the elf will get better so they have to put lots of love into making him a special "get better" bed.

Then while the kids are doing that I'd pull dream killer DCB to the side and have a little chat with him. "Listen, you may not believe in magic and santa clause or our little elf but that does not mean that you can ruin the magic for the other kids. Santa and his elf may not be real to you but they are real to those who beleive like me and the dc kids. If you don't want to beleive then that's just fine but keep your comments to yourself and NEVER touch the elf again do you understand?"

I explained to my DC kids that elfs only survive out of the north pole by having santa turn them into toys, that it's like a magical disguise which helps them survive here much like how Tinker Bell would never survive in the winter woods without having her wings frosted over. Without that magic protection she could be in danger and the elfs work the same way and that being turned into toys makes them happy when they are away from the north pole so it keeps their magic from fading. They seemed convinced with that story, maybe you can try something similar.

Mu husband almost touched the elf the first day Wiley arrived ... in unison 6 DC kids from 1yo's to 8 years old all shouted "DON'T TOUCH HIM!!!" they are very protective of Wiley so I can just imagine how your DCK's feel
                        Haha, it's so cute how they all protected him!

Comment

maybe you could tell your son that because it is HIS elf, it only loses its magic if HE touches it?

Comment

Originally posted by bunnyslippers View Post
                            The kid also keeps making fun of the way my 2 year old talks.
                            That alone would seal his fate with me. He'd be gone today!

Maybe after you write your letter you could mail yourself a letter from Santa himself on Santa paper "returning the magic" & include some glitter in the envelope (representing the magic).

Comment

I am not too sure what is this elf on the shelf, but I think that I am different than what everyone else has said becuase I do have different beliefs.

Yes it was poor of this boy to do it on purpose if he was doing it to be mean.

But it could be that this child was not taught the same as yours.

Perhaps you can not only try and save this whole thing from going down the tubes by getting the child that does not believe to believe.

kind of like the story about the bell....only those that can hear the bell ring believe in santa

Comment

Working...
                              X