No announcement yet.

Elf On The Shelf - SO ANGRY!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would tell your son that that little boy will be on Santa's naughty list now.

Comment

Originally posted by bunnyslippers View Post
      We will send a letter tonight. I honestly don't even think the mom will care. She is a bit snotty and thinks she is pretty darn special and that her children are perfect. She probably told her kids the elves were fake, since her kids don't have one.

Just broke my heart to see the look on my poor baby's face! So mean. The kid also keeps making fun of the way my 2 year old talks. I am really having to bite my otngue, b/c I am about to tell him off!!!!!!
      I would tell mom about the picking on also. If neither is resolved, term. There is no excuse for a child to be mean to another child, especially a younger one.

Comment

Originally posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
        The situation is still salvagable ... I would act extremely upset and worried for our little elf friend. Can you and the DC kids make him a little bed and cover him up because he's very sick and needs to recover quietly. You can make a bed out of a tissue box or empty wipe container. Have the kids work together on it and say that they have to believe that the elf will get better so they have to put lots of love into making him a special "get better" bed.

Then while the kids are doing that I'd pull dream killer DCB to the side and have a little chat with him. "Listen, you may not believe in magic and santa clause or our little elf but that does not mean that you can ruin the magic for the other kids. Santa and his elf may not be real to you but they are real to those who beleive like me and the dc kids. If you don't want to beleive then that's just fine but keep your comments to yourself and NEVER touch the elf again do you understand?"

I explained to my DC kids that elfs only survive out of the north pole by having santa turn them into toys, that it's like a magical disguise which helps them survive here much like how Tinker Bell would never survive in the winter woods without having her wings frosted over. Without that magic protection she could be in danger and the elfs work the same way and that being turned into toys makes them happy when they are away from the north pole so it keeps their magic from fading. They seemed convinced with that story, maybe you can try something similar.

Mu husband almost touched the elf the first day Wiley arrived ... in unison 6 DC kids from 1yo's to 8 years old all shouted "DON'T TOUCH HIM!!!" they are very protective of Wiley so I can just imagine how your DCK's feel
        great thinking!

Comment

I'd pull the older kid to the side and explain he is old enough to know better and it's not acceptable. Is he old enough to know what he did or was he surprised it wasn't real? I'm sorry this has happened to your little guy. In regard to that fact this kids makes fun of any 2yr. old he'd be out the door. It's just not worth it.

Also, I love the ideas above on how to return the Elf's magic, especially the little bed. Hang in there.

Comment

The official web page for the elf on the shelf explains that to get magic back you sprinkle elf with cinnamon ... our elf smells like cinnamon cookies ::

Comment

Originally posted by lolaland View Post
              The official web page for the elf on the shelf explains that to get magic back you sprinkle elf with cinnamon ... our elf smells like cinnamon cookies ::
              AWESOME...there U go!!!

Comment

I don't know much about the elf on the shelf so I went to the website and looked around........here is what I found, hope this helps

What should I do if my elf is touched by mistake?

Christmas magic is very fragile, and if a scout elf is touched it may lose its magic. If your elf has been touched, please sprinkle a little cinnamon beside him or her before you go to bed; cinnamon is like vitamins for elves, and it helps them get back to the North Pole. Once they arrive, the North Pole E.R. doctors will check them out.

Sounds fun.....

and I enjoyed reading the comments about what to do with the spoiler boy...

I was reading one and I could feel the heat of the spoiler boy being told he ruined the fun. Putting myself in the child's place I wouldn't want to try that again. Knowing kids today probably not the case.

Sounds fun and I will have to look into this more for next year- I skimmed it last year, ran out of time this year..... next year maybe- Being creative I could see myself having some fun with it

Comment

Our elf goes in the freezer overnight. His magic thinks he is at the North Pole and comes back.

Comment

I would seriously mess with this kid's head now. LOL.

Maybe Elf should go sit alone in another room until the grumpy kid leaves. Let Elf watch some t.v or listen to your ipod.

I wouldn't blame this kid too much though.... he's calling it like he sees it, or his parents don't go in for the magic of Christmas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6KB4luXu5k <--proof.

Comment

The situation is still salvagable ... I would act extremely upset and worried for our little elf friend. Can you and the DC kids make him a little bed and cover him up because he's very sick and needs to recover quietly. You can make a bed out of a tissue box or empty wipe container. Have the kids work together on it and say that they have to believe that the elf will get better so they have to put lots of love into making him a special "get better" bed.

Then while the kids are doing that I'd pull dream killer DCB to the side and have a little chat with him. "Listen, you may not believe in magic and santa clause or our little elf but that does not mean that you can ruin the magic for the other kids. Santa and his elf may not be real to you but they are real to those who beleive like me and the dc kids. If you don't want to beleive then that's just fine but keep your comments to yourself and NEVER touch the elf again do you understand?"

I explained to my DC kids that elfs only survive out of the north pole by having santa turn them into toys, that it's like a magical disguise which helps them survive here much like how Tinker Bell would never survive in the winter woods without having her wings frosted over. Without that magic protection she could be in danger and the elfs work the same way and that being turned into toys makes them happy when they are away from the north pole so it keeps their magic from fading. They seemed convinced with that story, maybe you can try something similar.

Mu husband almost touched the elf the first day Wiley arrived ... in unison 6 DC kids from 1yo's to 8 years old all shouted "DON'T TOUCH HIM!!!" they are very protective of Wiley so I can just imagine how your DCK's feel
                      dream killer not spoiler boy...... I liked the bolded red response above. I put myself in that child's place and I feel horrible now for touching that elf........and I know you said this with the stern voice that means I am talking business but with the caring touch too. I morphed from provider to child and I feel horrible now::

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6KB4luXu5k <--proof.[/QUOTE]

This little boy didn't really understand the whole thing. I am calm now, and totally just had my 5 year old and the little dcb watch the proof. They were rolling on the floor laughing! And the cinnamon trick is perfect. Thanks SO MUCH ladies for helping me save the magic!!!!!!

Comment

I was just thinking about something else ... I think I remember a while back ago where there wasa discussion about older kids ruining the spirit of christmas for the younger kids. Someone had a letter or something that the parents could read that could also be changed to explain to older kids about the "magic" of christmas. Does anyone remember? I bet that would be a great way to explain things in advance to revent this type of thing from happening.

Originally posted by My3cents View Post
                          dream killer not spoiler boy...... I liked the bolded red response above. I put myself in that child's place and I feel horrible now for touching that elf........and I know you said this with the stern voice that means I am talking business but with the caring touch too. I morphed from provider to child and I feel horrible now::
                          I know I seemed really harsh with my words but I had put myself in bunnyslipper's shoes and thought how I would feel if a SA DCK ruined the magic of christmas (whether santa, elf on a shelf, angels etc) and I would be completely upset. I'm assuming that the child is in 1st grade or older and I think about my own 2nd grader DD who is 8 and even she still believes in Santa and now in Elf on a Shelf because we make is a HUGE thing here at daycare to encourage the littles to believe in magical things. Too soon do they grow up and learn that the real world is sometimes full of dissapointment and not so much magic so I try to give them just a little bit of extra time to believe. Saying such things about Elf on a Shelf to me would be the equivalent of telling another child that Santa is not real and that would really bother me.

Wiley our elf has only been here this year so my children and the DCK's have never heard of Elf on a Shelf until this Holiday season and it's wonderful to see their faces light up when Wiley is in a new location. They talk to him, talk to each other about him and what the other elf's must be doing and what it must be like to work with Santa and honestly it's wonderful.

My heart would break for my DCK's and my own kids if this were to happen to them .

Comment

We have this kind of post every Christmas. Same thing happened to my 6 yo son with santa. I told him that it was the spirit of Christmas that we believe in and for the boy that shouted there was no santa, he lost a very special time of the year. I told my son I still believed and he seemed to be fine with it.

Comment

Too soon do they grow up and learn that the real world is sometimes full of dissapointment and not so much magic so I try to give them just a little bit of extra time to believe. .
                              This is exactly why it bothered me so much! His mother was less than thrilled when I told her all about how I had taught him about the elf and it's magical powers. She doesn't have one....and now he REALLY wants one!!! HA HA HA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                                We have this kind of post every Christmas. Same thing happened to my 6 yo son with santa. I told him that it was the spirit of Christmas that we believe in and for the boy that shouted there was no santa, he lost a very special time of the year. I told my son I still believed and he seemed to be fine with it.
                                I always told my daughters that if you don't believe, you don't receive. Ask my daughters (33 & 35) or my granddaughter (16) if they believe in Santa and they will tell you yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X