Help Touchy Subject - How To Inform Parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
    Julie-how is your husband doing? Can we have an update if it's not too hard to talk about?
    I was wondering too lately. I hope you're doing okay.

Comment

yes yes update.

Hubby stopped all kemo and radiation on Aug 20th the doctors gave him 6 to 12 month. About oct 1st or so he started really felling better! Right now he is off all pain meds!! he is feeling so well that he has been ruining errands for us, picking the kids up from school ect. He still gets tired easliy and need lots of rest.

We are so Thankful he is doing well. We are spending lots of time together as a family going to the movies, playing board games. Family has come up and visited. Also my Step-daughter has been taking ever Sunday off and spending it with us! We are planing a zoo trip and a few other fun family activates that my husband can do with us.

We know eventually he will get worse and feel bad, but we are enjoying our time with him now. We do have his funeral planned, and much other things ready for when he gets sicker. We are hoping the doctors are wrong and he lives much longer! but no more treatments!!

Comment

Originally posted by juliebug View Post
        yes yes update.

Hubby stopped all kemo and radiation on Aug 20th the doctors gave him 6 to 12 month. About oct 1st or so he started really felling better! Right now he is off all pain meds!! he is feeling so well that he has been ruining errands for us, picking the kids up from school ect. He still gets tired easliy and need lots of rest.

We are so Thankful he is doing well. We are spending lots of time together as a family going to the movies, playing board games. Family has come up and visited. Also my Step-daughter has been taking ever Sunday off and spending it with us! We are planing a zoo trip and a few other fun family activates that my husband can do with us.

We know eventually he will get worse and feel bad, but we are enjoying our time with him now. We do have his funeral planned, and much other things ready for when he gets sicker. We are hoping the doctors are wrong and he lives much longer! but no more treatments!!
        Wow! That is fantastic news! I am happy to hear you are dealing with this all realistically and in a manner your children can be super proud of!

I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers and hoping things don't always turn out the way doctors say they will! People have been known to overcome even the most impossible scenarios and it sounds like you and your family have the faith and courage to beat the odds! Hoping for continued happiness and wellness!

Comment

wonderful, wonderful news!
          Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

I am so happy to hear this progress. Letting someone go is never easy,. but I do know that when we have time to plan for it, that is sure does help.

I am so happy that you are able to come together to see that he enjoys his quality of life that he is living.

what exciting news for you and your family....

happyfacehappyface

Comment

Julie, you never know what God will bring us. It is such great news to hear that your husband is feeling better and that you can have quality time. He may surprise you. I had a friend one time that had cancer just horribly and she was termed 'terminal'. She is alive today!!!! Have faith and we are all praying. I know that I believe in the power of prayer.

Comment

I, too, want to say how sorry I am to hear this. You need to take care of family first. Do what you have to do, and God Bless.

Posted this before I read the update! DUH! Please see post below!

Comment

I hope you have a great time with your family. I know you will be so happy for the time you are taking!

Comment

I guess I posted the last without reading the whole thread! I am so glad that your hubby is having this time of feeling better and that you are able to spend so much time with family and friends! I know you will cherish every minute you have spent!

God Bless!

Comment

Julie-

I'm so glad that you are spending as much time together as possible. Honestly, we should all have that attitude every day, shouldn't we? You know your husbands prognosis, but many of us don't know ahead of time. I have so many aquantiances that lost spouses suddenly, and each time it happens, I think "we should live like this could happen to us", but of course, we get caught up in other stuff.

I hope, of course, that all this bonding is a "wasted effort", and your dh recovers miraculously. Of course, it wouldn't be wasted at all.

Has you dh thought about writing letters to the kids, or maybe video taping messages for them for later? For big dates in their lives, like a "big" birthday, or their wedding day? I've heard of people doing this and I think it's so cool. Just an idea-maybe you've already thought of it.

Thanks for sharing your update-

Comment

so glad to read your update!!! Enjoy your time as a family. I have a friend who was also a dc provider and without going into all the details I will just say after being given a very bleak outlook on her time left she is still with us 3 years after they said she would be. {{{hugs}}}

Comment

Working...
                        X