No announcement yet.

Help Touchy Subject - How To Inform Parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be praying for you and your family in this difficult time as well.

I would probably let your daycare families know what is going on, to the extent your dh is comfortable with giving out information. They will understand and could be a source of help and comfort as well.

(((Hugs))) to you and yours.

Comment

Just wanted to say that I'm sorry. Prayers for you and your husband.

Comment

I am so sorry. I agree with the previous posters who said to let the parents know asap and then be done with thinking about them. Thoughts and prayers to your family.

Comment

I'm so sorry. My thoughts will be with you, your husband, and your family during this difficult time.
          Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

I'm so sorry you are going through this. My thoughts are with you. Peace and Love.

Comment

I can't imagine going through this situation with my husband . My heart breaks for you and him, and I just hope that you are able to make some amazing memories in the meantime! Enjoy every moment, as much as possible.

My mom passed two years ago, and I typed up a newsletter that explained to my parents that my mom was in poor health (I didn't go into detail, but it was cancer) and that I may need to leave or close daycare unexpectedly. I wrote that I would call them as soon as possible if I was going to be closed, but also that if I needed to leave during the day my backup would come and call each of them to pick up their kids. Then when I handed them the letter, I quickly said "Here's your newsletter. The most important thing in it is that my mom has a major health concern and I may need to close unexpectedly. The details are in there." I did it that way because if I had to tell each parent, I would have burst into tears each time.

They were amazing! One family was iffy, but they didn't say anything negative thankfully. Most of my families brought flowers and other gifts when I reopened and were just so amazingly supportive. I know yours will probably be just as great, but if they aren't, don't give them another thought.

My thoughts and prayers are with you lovethis.
              www.WelcomeToTheZoo.ca

Comment

I"m so sorry to hear that your husband's prognosis isn't a good one. I will keep you both in my prayers.

As far as the dc parents are concerned, if you need the income and are afraid they might "jump ship", I would wait as long as possible to say something - as long as your assistant is there to help, you can keep the kids safe and you can stay in compliance with your state's regs. As your husband's illness progresses, you'll know when it's time to say something to your dc parents. You can either do it verbally or in writing, whichever you feel most comfortable doing but try to give them enough time to make arrangments for alternate care as needed. If you aren't too concerned they'll leave, I would tell them asap.

When my father was hospitalized and going through testing, I didn't say anything to my dc parents. Once he was diagnosed with cancer and we were told he had only a couple of weeks to live, I spoke with my dc parents and explained the situation. They were all incredibly supportive. It took some of the stress off of me, too, to know they understood, had backup care and had no problem with me closing any time I needed. I hope your dc parents are just as supportive.

Comment

I am SO sorry! My heart is breaking for you.

If you aren't ready to say anything to them, don't until you know it's time. They can find backup care quickly. You need to do what is right for you. WHen you are ready, they will all come back and be the light of your life.

Those parents who are not supportive, or are selfish (and I can't believe anybody would) are not worth accepting back.

If you NEED to talk to them, because sometimes we need to talk about it, then do. They will also be a wonderful support system. I know my own DC parents would rally behind me and come up with ways to help.

Comment

I am so sorry that you and your husband are going through this. You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

I agree with everyone else that you should let them know now. Whether in person or by letter depends on how much you want to talk to them about it. If you would rather not have in-depth conversations with each of them, type up a letter to give them Monday. Then you can concentrate on your husband without stressing about your daycare families.

((Hugs)).

Comment

I am so sorry for you and your husband.
                      These things have a way of working themselves out. Don't worry about it. Just take care of you and your husband. That is what matters. Your DCparents will understand.
                      Not Clueless anymore

Comment

I'd let you dc parents know what you're comfortable sharing when your comfortable doing it, as soon as possible though. Let them know clearly what you need from them as far as emergency pick ups, time off, whatever you need from them.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Keep sharing, venting , crying and whatever you need to us on here-we'll be here to support you as best as we can.lovethis
                        I'll be praying for you and your husband during this time.

Comment

Thanks for all the support and love.

We have a doctor appt on tues and i think i will talk to the parents after i have more information.

They have been good so far but none has impacted them. my sub has come a few times but she is working more and is available less.

Next Sat we are going to the funeral home and pre-planing so it is easier on me when the time comes.

Comment

Oh my goodness, Julie... you are so strong. Your post made me cry. (((hugs))) lovethis Your and yours will remain in my thoughts.

Comment

I am sorry to hear this news. May angels surround you and your family during this difficult time bringing peace, support, and love. lovethis
                              “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ~ Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Country Kids View Post
                                First of all I'm very, very sorry about this. If you need anything please pm me and I will see what I can do.

Tell you parents today or by Monday. Let them know that you will need to have back up emergency care for when your husband gets to the point you need to be with him or of his passing.

This is a no and if or buts situation. If they don't have backup care you won't watch their child. Also, let them know you need a number where someone is reachable in the event something happens during the day to him and you need to close.

Is he at home or at a hospice house. Will hospice be there with you or are you trying to do this alone while the kids are there. If so please see if you can get someone to come and sit with him during the day.
                                I agree with this.

And I too am very sorry that this is happening.

Comment

Working...
                                X