No announcement yet.

Help Touchy Subject - How To Inform Parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers..I am very sorry you guys have to go through this. I would let them know as soon as possible. That way they can go ahead and make backup arrangements.

((HUGS))

Comment

No one should have to go through this. My heart aches for you. You''re both in my thoughts. I couldn't even imagine being in your position now. I'm so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by juliebug View Post
        Thanks for all the support and love.

We have a doctor appt on tues and i think i will talk to the parents after i have more information.

They have been good so far but none has impacted them. my sub has come a few times but she is working more and is available less.

Next Sat we are going to the funeral home and pre-planing so it is easier on me when the time comes.
        Julie-

Do what you have to do. Your husband is only going to be with you for a very short time. I would close shop for a few months and spend that time with him, devote those last days to him and enjoy the little time left together that you have, now while he is at his best. Take out a loan if $ is the issue or borrow from loved ones- whatever you have to do. If that is not an option for you then I would cut way back on the hours that I was open. I would send out a letter to my parents and explain your plans, and that at this time you need to do what is best for your family. I would be too emotional to be able to tell this to my parents, so a letter for everyone would work best for me.

Hospice is a Gods Send. They will be there for not only your husband and his comfort, but also for the family unit.

Prayers and thoughts are with you in this difficult time. Take my advice and lighten your load if you can, you will never get that time back.

My last thought would be what the parents thought during this time. Family comes first. They will understand and if they don't it is time to move those parents on to a Center, or another daycare. Best-

Comment

Oh my gosh I am in tears right now! I am thinking of you and praying hope it all helps no body should ever have to go through that!

Hugs

Comment

I am in tears, my heart is breaking for you!! My prayers go out to you and your husband and family during this time.

I think you have been given some great advice from the others- definitely tell the parents after your appt tomorrow. If it is easier for you, type it up in a letter so that you don't have to break down every time you tell the story. If it were me I would probably give the parents notice and close the daycare so that I could spend all the time with him I could. Ask for donations from friends and family or take a loan, do whatever you have to do to be with him! Perhaps it might be possible to interview and hire someone who would be available to watch the kids and take over the daycare until it is time to return back to work. That way you get to keep your clients.

Comment

I am so very sorry. I wish you both peace, happiness, and love during this time.

If oyu don't want to repeat the information over and over, I would write a letter. Hand it out in print and email it as well. Post a large note on the door that they need to acknowledge they have read and understand the letter.

If you need anything at all, please let us know. I'm sure we could figure out a way to help.

Comment

My prayers go out to your entire family. What a horrible thing!!! I am praying for you now Juliebug!!

Comment

Oh no. So sorry, my prayers go out to you and your family. I find this forum to be VERY accepting of venting =) It always makes me feel better to vent to others that share my profession and understand at least that piece of my life. We're all here if you need us!

Comment

I want to I am so sorry to hear you are going through this!

The best advice I can give, is instead of talking to each family, do a newsletter. This way you won't have to repeat anything. State what you need from them, thank them for their understanding.

If they give you any grief about any of this, they are unfeeling, soulless jerks and you would be better off with out them! Sorry if that sounds harsh, but really, that's how I feel. I know you are running a business, but I see it as you are being as professional as anyone can be in this position. The least they can do is show some empathy. Just my opinion.
                    My prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time!

Comment

Originally posted by juliebug View Post
                      Ok, i need some help.

My husband has cancer and radiation and Chemo didn't work. He is getting worse and he is no longer accepting treatments. He is going to pass away. How do i let my parents know they need to have back up care in place now. I don't know when this will happen it could be 6month it could be weeks. we just don't know. :confused: Do i say nothing to them and just close when it happens?

Please help
                      I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am. I can't imagine being in your position. I am so so sorry. My prayers are with you and your family.

I would just give your families a heads up, either in person, or if it is too much for you, in a note handed out to each family. I am so sorry, once again!

Comment

You are in my prayers. My mother has been through this and it is not easy.

I would call each parent at home and let them know what your family is going through. They will understand. They will make arrangements.

Comment

I am truly sorry to hear about your husband.

I had cancer, and had to go through chemo and radiation while working at the daycare.

Clearly this is a different situation, but some of the same points need to be made. We sent home a letter with our requests and information and said "yes, this is an inconvenience - but our only other option is to cease care". I think that really put it in perspective for the parents.

Comment

I'm so sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts. I would tell families after you see the doctor and you know more. Hugs to you.

Comment

Julie-
                              I am so sorry you are going through this. I couldn't even begin to imagine what you are going through. Every tear that is falling from my eyes right now is another prayer being sent up for you, your husband and your family. I agree with the previous poster that said you should just close and spend this time with your husband. God Bless your heart Julie!

Comment

Julie-how is your husband doing? Can we have an update if it's not too hard to talk about?

Comment

Working...
                                X