No announcement yet.

Michael-Are There Rules For The Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael-Are There Rules For The Forum?

With alot of the "debates" going on lately and throughout the year, I was just wondering if there were any type of "rules" in place for using the forum?

Also, do alot of members quit because of the "debates" that go on? I know I haven't seen some of them here lately and was wondering if they aren't members anymore?
    Each day is a fresh start
    Never look back on regrets
    Live life to the fullest
    We only get one shot at this!!

Originally posted by Country Kids View Post
    With alot of the "debates" going on lately and throughout the year, I was just wondering if there were any type of "rules" in place for using the forum?

Also, do alot of members quit because of the "debates" that go on? I know I haven't seen some of them here lately and was wondering if they aren't members anymore?
    Not Michael of course but I thought I could ask a question. I was wondering who you have seen missing recently after a debate? I've seen some members say they are going to leave and after a reflection time decide they still really like it and come back and move forward. I am not seeing members leave forever over debates???
    Short respites but not completely.

I think Big Mama said she was going off the board but sometimes with a little space in between the debates they change their minds. You mentioned that the sprinkler thread got heated and "drama" as you say but when you look back on it there are about 25 posters in it and nearly all of them have posted in the last twenty four hours. A few of them in the last couple of weeks and one I could see three weeks ago Of posters that participated in that completely and still post here nine months later. It was VERY controversial but it netted some really great information and posters who have hung out and continued to contribute to other debates and regular conversations. I think debates can really strengthen a board...... like a family.... sometimes the tough descusions make the familiy unit stronger because the people in the family leave the debate upset maybe but understand a lot more of the others position and see value in that.
    http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

I am sure Michael will answer this, but as far as I can find, there are no ettiqette rules about the tone or content (besides the obvious cursing and such) of posts. In regards to people leaving, there is a member list that shows all the forum members so you can look someone up if you want to find them.

I think the member's public profile says the last date the person was active and signed in as well as their join date. Although some members stay logged in at all times. (I do).

I am sure that there are members who leave for many reasons, one being the drama that goes on now and then but I am also sure that most members fall into a few regular categories;
      • those that read and never really post,
      • those that drop in occassionally when they have a specific problem,
      • the ones who are fairly regular in posting but stictly in a business manner while staying out of the social aspect
      • and then the daily posters/readers, the ones here at one point or another every day .

so I am sure that even when members dislike the drama, most don't leave. I know some have but I would bet it isn't many.

Comment

Some of the ones I haven't seen lately are: hooping lady, then i think another one her name was Danielle. Also, the gal who had some disablility and in her picture she had a baby I believe on her back-she believed in alot of attachment parenting. I know I haven't seen Jeep Girl for awhile.

Then like last week, it seems that someone said everytime they try to come back on the forum they feel like they are getting bullied or something like that.

Maybe these people are on alot and I just miss their posts. Since I've been sick I haven't read everything but was just wondering.
        Live life to the fullest

Comment

Danielle...had a baby? I think?

I know who you're talking about with the baby on her back and I can't remember her name *blush* but I don't think she left. Maybe just got busy and hasn't been around much lately.

The third person you're talking about is probably mac60...who frequently gets upset about something and disappears for awhile, only to reappear and post strongly-worded opinions in controversial threads, then gets upset when someone disagrees.
          Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

The other one I was thinking about was hooping lady.

Then there was a sandra or something that started with an S I believe.

I know some people have changed their names on here for various reasons so that could also be it.
            Live life to the fullest

Comment

Reading this reminded me of where's waldo. Except where are the daycare providers.. ::

Comment

I think it's important to just decide who you're going to engage with, and who you're not. Kind of like picking your battles with kids.

Comment

The other one I was thinking about was hooping lady.

Then there was a sandra or something that started with an S I believe.

I know some people have changed their names on here for various reasons so that could also be it.
                  There is also MarinaVanessa. I emailed her the other day because I like her avatar and have not seen it lately. She said she got super busy and is getting ready to tie the knot. She said she will be back.

This place is like a scond home to me. I would like to make it more like a virtual place but I have not figured out the best way to do that yet.

As far a rules......really? I think we handle ourselves pretty well here. If somethings out of place we as a group can handle it. I am always open to suggestions if there are any. PM me

Comment

Also, the gal who had some disablility and in her picture she had a baby I believe on her back-she believed in alot of attachment parenting.
                    That members name was something like frogsonmysox (?)

I forgot to quote silver but I totally agree with her about mac. She says she will leave but she has a way of always coming back ::

I, for one, am totally addicted to this site. This for me is like a Facebook page for daycares happyface

I may not sign in all the time but I am ALWAYS here! lovethis

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post

I know who you're talking about with the baby on her back and I can't remember her name *blush* but I don't think she left. Maybe just got busy and hasn't been around much lately.

The third person you're talking about is probably mac60...who frequently gets upset about something and disappears for awhile, only to reappear and post strongly-worded opinions in controversial threads, then gets upset when someone disagrees.
                      REALLY???? And this is the crap she is probably talking about. Why do some of you like to use my name so much? And no, I don't "Frequently get upset" and "NO I don't disappear for a while only to reappear and post strongly-worded opinions in controversial threads then get upset when someone disagrees". I never log out. REALLY? REALLY? REALLY? I wish some of you would quit using my name and just leave me alone.

I never question what some of you say, state names, etc. While I may make a comment to someone's post stating what I might or might not do in the situation, I do NOT state names and badger like some of you do, and I am sure you know who YOU are. SilverSabre, your post above is a perfect example. Does that make you feel "big, better and more important" when you make comments like that about me? You want to accuse me of posting strongly, well I will now. I seriously wish you and Crystal would just leave me alone. Quit using my name on this forum, and because I may do things different does not make me a bad person. Your ways are not the only ways and you are not always right.

While I may state my opinion on something, just like you do and many others here, you ladies are the ones that escalate it, not me. Because I would not handle a situation like you would, does not make me WRONG. Thing is, I DON"T badger you two ladies because your opinions are different than mine, but you sure have no problem doing it to me. I seriously am sick of it. I don't know if you get enjoyment out of it or what, but I think you both need to read up on bullying, because as far as I am concerned, this happens a lot on this forum and nothing gets done about it.

So Please, both of you, and you know who you are, just LEAVE ME ALONE and quit using my name. Keep "me" out of your post. If you feel the need to bully and badger me, do it in a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mac60 View Post
                        REALLY???? And this is the crap she is probably talking about. Why do some of you like to use my name so much? And no, I don't "Frequently get upset" and "NO I don't disappear for a while only to reappear and post strongly-worded opinions in controversial threads then get upset when someone disagrees". I never log out. REALLY? REALLY? REALLY? I wish some of you would quit using my name and just leave me alone.

I never question what some of you say, state names, etc. While I may make a comment to someone's post stating what I might or might not do in the situation, I do NOT state names and badger like some of you do, and I am sure you know who YOU are. SilverSabre, your post above is a perfect example. Does that make you feel "big, better and more important" when you make comments like that about me? You want to accuse me of posting strongly, well I will now. I seriously wish you and Crystal would just leave me alone. Quit using my name on this forum, and because I may do things different does not make me a bad person. Your ways are not the only ways and you are not always right.

While I may state my opinion on something, just like you do and many others here, you ladies are the ones that escalate it, not me. Because I would not handle a situation like you would, does not make me WRONG. Thing is, I DON"T badger you two ladies because your opinions are different than mine, but you sure have no problem doing it to me. I seriously am sick of it. I don't know if you get enjoyment out of it or what, but I think you both need to read up on bullying, because as far as I am concerned, this happens a lot on this forum and nothing gets done about it.

So Please, both of you, and you know who you are, just LEAVE ME ALONE and quit using my name. Keep "me" out of your post. If you feel the need to bully and badger me, do it in a PM.

Sorry Mac that you are being "talked" about in this manner. I'm not quite sure why someone would bring your name into the conversation if only to do so in a negative manner. Seems very hurtful to me & if it were me I would probably leave or discontinue posting.
                        Last edited by Michael; 03-29-2012, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Wow! No disrespect but why would you bring up someone's name to only talk poorly about about her?

Comment

The only rules are at the bottom of the page on the left. Here is the link:

I wanted to post a Youtube video recently and even though I know most of you would get a kick out of it, decided it was really too "Off color" for this forum.

Debates are just that - Debates. I've been over the top on a few posts and you all showed me your displeasure so I've reeled myself in a bit.

There are still those times of the month though...

I've been posting on forums for years and people come and go. Life gets in the way or the computer breaks. Best thing is to PM the person you care about and ask if they are OK. Eventually they may pop in and see your note.

Comment

I agree with momofboys...bringing up Mac60's name in this thread was uncalled for.

Comment

Working...
                              X