Michael-Are There Rules For The Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What she said. Enough already!

I know this forum is different but in other forums it would be time to lock down this thread and let the argument continue via PM's.

I'm no longer reading these long posts. Blablabla! :P

Comment

• I would like everyone to just know I started this thread because of another thread where some heavy debating was going on. I honestly didn't know if there were rules some where that I was unaware of. I still don't understand some of the features people are talking about-ghost, ignore, lock-out, etc.. I didn't know till awhile ago you could PM Micheal.

There is no way I intended for this to become a 3 page-over 100 posts thread. I thought I would just ask a question-Micheal would get back to me and that would be that.

I have belonged to a forum in the past that no one really says much anymore because of the debates, bullying, I'm better then you, type of posts. There where always "rules" for posting but it is moderated more now, I believe and no one feels comfortable really posting anymore because they are afraid of what will start. I know many people that left and its just not active anymore which is sad because it was a helpful, informational site.
      Each day is a fresh start
      Never look back on regrets
      Live life to the fullest
      We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Country Kids View Post
        There where always "rules" for posting but it is moderated more now, I believe and no one feels comfortable really posting anymore because they are afraid of what will start. I know many people that left and its just not active anymore which is sad because it was a helpful, informational site.
        Country,

As far as I know this is the biggest day care board on the internet. I've seen a couple that have bigger archives but I'm not aware of any board that is as active as this one. I don't know one that's even CLOSE. Am I missing sompin?

Lots of views per day and a lot of active users is a good thing. There's going to be coming and going for sure but on a whole this is the best child care board I've ever seen and I've been on quite a few boards.

When you say that there are many people that left and are not active anymore there's really no way to say it isn't so. I started here a couple of years ago and there are a lot of people still here from then. The retention rate here is better than any board I have been on including adoption boards.
        http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael View Post
          I think it allows a user to be present but not show up on the members list. There are some great How To instructions in the FAQ section: https://www.daycare.com/forum/faq.ph...b3_board_usage

I also allowed the Invisible option for registered members. It wasn't available before but is now.
          We used to use this as admins and mods. It comes in handy sometimes if you just want to "watch" the board. Basically, you are on, but it shows that you are not.

Comment

• Originally posted by nannyde View Post
            Country,

When you say that there are many people that left and are not active anymore there's really no way to say it isn't so. I started here a couple of years ago and there are a lot of people still here from then. The retention rate here is better than any board I have been on including adoption boards.
            Nan, I think she was talking about "another" board she was involved in.
            There is never a loss of interested new members coming to this board. If there is a problem it would be that new members are moderated and want their comment immediately published. Some leave waiting to get into the conversation. We just can't have someone watching and reading the board here 24 hours a day although we try!

I am more engaged here than ever before. I am sure some would like this to be a female only board but you're stuck with me since I pay for all this and keep it running.

I actually learn allot about how people are using the internet in a virtual environment. We tend to say a lot more here to each other because it is impersonal. We have to develop different skills and interpretations.

Comment

• I am sure some would like this to be a female only board

I, for one, really wish we had a few more males. I really value their take on things, especially when it comes to organizing, materials, space, etc. They think so much more practical and less with their emotions.

So grateful we ARE stuck with you! happyfacehappyface

Comment

• Speaking of men where is Dave and the other new guy from Pa. Are they still on board?
                Each day is a fresh start
                Never look back on regrets
                Live life to the fullest
                We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Country Kids View Post
                  Speaking of men where is Dave and the other new guy from Pa. Are they still on board?
                  Not sure. We had another long time member on here called Chicken Hauler that was a hoot but he got into a back and forth with another member and decided to leave.

I believe he is the husband of one of our members that is still active on the board. Maybe she could speak up and get him back "on board". He was very witty and to the point.
                  Last edited by Michael; 04-01-2012, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• To the member that posted here. You are correct and I removed your name. I also removed your comment in response to my action.

Comment

• Ya, I miss Chicken Hauler. He was funny and down to earth. I didn't know that he was married to an active member. ::I imagine that he is a hoot to live with!!::

Comment

Working...
                      X