Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Makes Your Cringe At Drop Offs?

• 3-5 year olds who are carried inside
    • After boasting about the self help skills their child is learning.....they take off their childs coat and shoes and then take them potty
    • a 5 year old who comes in on tip toes and talking baby talk.....all of which disappears once mom leaves

I realize I'm being petty......

1. Adults talking baby-talk to me.

2. Any sentence that begins with "I hate to ask, but..."

3. Any form of "How much do I owe you?"

4. Any sentence that ends with "He/She doesn't do that at home...."

BTW....It is not petty.... It is Friday Fun!!! Happy Watercooler day...happyface

In fairness here is my parents list..

1. When Mrs. Cat Herder rambles on and on about a new toy/book/shrub or bird that flew by when I need to leave.

2. Any sentence that begins with "Do you have a minute?"

3. Any sentence that ends with ".....but we can schedule a conference."

4. Seeing that blue folder full of forms I have to fill out/sign/update, AGAIN. Ugh, homework. Enough already!! I have been here over two years....
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

A stay at home mom who gets here the SECOND I open, then sits on the floor hugging her 2 year old for twenty minutes, blocking everyone who tries to enter the space. She then returns to hug him three more times, while encouraging her 4 year old to use my bathroom (the one upstairs that is off limits). Then....she usually drives over my lawn. Happy Friday!

Comment

Originally posted by bunnyslippers View Post
        A stay at home mom who gets here the SECOND I open, then sits on the floor hugging her 2 year old for twenty minutes, blocking everyone who tries to enter the space. She then returns to hug him three more times, while encouraging her 4 year old to use my bathroom (the one upstairs that is off limits). Then....she usually drives over my lawn. Happy Friday!
        This is the type mom who claims her child has separation anxiety.....the first few times you let it go....but after that you say....I don't think it's your child who has the separation anxiety!

I once had a dad who sat on my couch crying while holding his 4 year old while they both bawled loudly. After that they came in every single day crying, thanks to dad who set the example.

Comment

That cry that starts quiet and scales up and up and up into a high-pitched squeal that wakes the entire house. Every day. From a child who has been here two years.
          Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

And another one...

"He has a raspy voice and his nose is runny, but I took his temp and he seems fine."

Awesome. Thanks. Have a good nap, stay-at-home mom. See you at the latest possible second this afternoon.

Comment

The 4 year old dcg who gets here at 11:00 arrives with a baggie full of animal crackers and the statement from Dad that she got up at 10:30. Hello...lunch is at 11:30 with nap following at noon regardless of what she is eating and what time she got up she is still sticking to those times.

Comment

When the parents arrive clearly not in work clothes, slightly earlier than usual, and you know and their kid knows that they are not going to work...
                Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
                  When the parents arrive clearly not in work clothes, slightly earlier than usual, and you know and their kid knows that they are not going to work...
                  My neighbor does this ALL THE TIME! And then, he goes home and spends the whole day working in his yard, while his daughter watches him out the window. And then shows up late to pick her up!!!!!!!

Comment

Arriving early, bringing toys or jewelry that I have to take away, or instructions from parent.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
                      I have almost all teachers kids......they get out at 2:15 but don't pick up till 4:30 and many times come in with a different hairstyle or clothes than what they had on in the morning. Two of them bring their kids at 630 AM......10 hours a day?????????

Comment

Do we pay for Monday (President's Day)......Um, yes....it's posted on teh door, in my newsletter and in my policies. Are you hoping I will give another answer? Besides.....you get paid for that day.

Comment

Kinda long sorry,

When a DCP shows up at drop off in their comfies and says I am staying home from work, I am sick, but I didnt want to give it to little Jane. Occurs for 2 days. 3rd day Jane spikes a fever 2 hours after drop off. When you call DCP at work, they say. "What am I supposed to do, I just missed 2 days of work, its an hour from nap, can you just put her down at nap and see if she feels better when she gets up?"

Or same situation but after parent returns to work, they call and say I am so behind on my work, do you mind if I work a little overtime to catch up?

Comment

Speaking of holidays:

Well since little Johnny wasn't here on Monday (due to holiday or vacation), can I drop off early/pick up late today (I need to catch up on work....besides, you worked less than normal this week).

Yeah, the POINT is that I work less this week!!

Comment

"you are going to have a great day! I am sure Miss Sola will take you to the park/library/playdoh/paint, if you ask!"

Comment

Working...
                              X