No announcement yet.

Unbelievable Stress!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She texted me and said they are not coming today. She didn't say anything about tomorrow. We are planning a trip to the Aquarium tomorrow so I will text her back with info such as walking shoes etc. and I will see what she says.
    She is a state pay parent so she can choose anyone she wants if she decides to leave. There are literally dozens of providers that have immediate openings.
    None of them go on field trips or have a preschool program like we do. I put the kids in gymnastics, ballet, art class etc.

She even had a social worker here about her children a few months ago. (school called)
    I gave her a good report because at the time she was doing good.
    I't a good thing a worker didn't ask me questions yesterday.::::
    I don't think I would be able to hold back.
    Well anyway I will keep you updated.
    Thank you so much for all you support.

Comment

What about what's best for the kids!?

It would be very selfish and petty of her the make her kids adjust to a whole new day care environment over this. You were in the right besides that. If you lose her there will be someone else and it's probably better in the long run. Good luck to you.

Comment

Update:
        She brought the kids today! happyfacehappyface

I asked the kids some leading questions like what they did yesterday..
        (trying to see if they were touring other daycares) and they said their mom took them shopping all day. They had fevers and were still sick..

Thank you guys so much for all the good advise and letting me rant and rave::::::

I am constantly advertising and trying to get more kids so that I am not so vulnerable if I lose just one family.

You guys are my true friends

Comment

So happy they are back!!! happyface

Did mom say anything to you? If they were still sick yesterday and had fevers, they really should have been home again today too, but I suppose you didn't really want to push it with mom huh? I guess I probably wouldn't have either if I were in your spot.

I also agree that you need to continue advertising and trying to set up a wait-list. Enforcing your policies and rules is a lot easier when you don't have that constant threat of a parent saying they are going to pull everytime they don't get their way!

Anyways, glad the whole thing didn't turn out to be half as bad as you thought it was going to.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post

Did mom say anything to you? If they were still sick yesterday and had fevers, they really should have been home again today too, but I suppose you didn't really want to push it with mom huh? I guess I probably wouldn't have either if I were in your spot.

I also agree that you need to continue advertising and trying to set up a wait-list. Enforcing your policies and rules is a lot easier when you don't have that constant threat of a parent saying they are going to pull everytime they don't get their way!

Anyways, glad the whole thing didn't turn out to be half as bad as you thought it was going to.
            i agree totally

Comment

Glad she came back!! I bet she didn't offer an apology though. ugh.

Start looking for a new family ASAP, I think your wish list sounds perfect. Keep thinking about it and it'll come

Comment

That is so outrageous!!!!!!!!!! Harsh, rude, inconsiderate, uncaring, selfish....the other words I have in mind are inappropriate! Karma.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Magnolia View Post
                  That is so outrageous!!!!!!!!!! Harsh, rude, inconsiderate, uncaring, selfish....the other words I have in mind are inappropriate! Karma.
                  ::::::
                  yea Michael would have to edit the stuff I would like to say too!

Comment

Originally posted by Ariana View Post
                    Glad she came back!! I bet she didn't offer an apology though. ugh.

Start looking for a new family ASAP, I think your wish list sounds perfect. Keep thinking about it and it'll come
                    No apology at all... Nan is right about the state pay and entitlement ...

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post

Thank you so much for everything!

Comment

I didnt get to read all of the post, but I am so sorry this happened to you.

I would have told mom, I am really sorry, but just like his school, I can't have him here either.

One thing that I have learned through out my daycare life is that when parents give me some form of feeling other than happiness, it is time for them to go.

Right now, I have so seriously amazing parents. They are still some what new, but they boast about me all the time, tell me how amazed they are by me and tell me just wonderful things. THIS is what I need to keep me motivated and doing a great job. This helps me wake up and bring my A game everyday.

When I had parents like yours that were making me stressed out and not following rules, keeping me on my toes, I hate my job, didn't want to get out of bed in the morning and really was unmotivated to do the best that I could.

Negativity will take you down. Don't let someone suck the Good out of you and all the good that you do. You deserve amazing parents to let you know just how amazing you are....

I know how hard it is to lose a client right now. Been there, just not long ago. BUT I went through a bad patch and guess what, I am soooooo happy that I did. Because I would not feel so awesome right now and I would not be so happy right now.....and when I started feeling this way, all of a sudden all of this wonderful stuff came my way. MY DC is FULL again.

Sometimes you have to lose the bad to gain to good............

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
                          I didnt get to read all of the post, but I am so sorry this happened to you.

I would have told mom, I am really sorry, but just like his school, I can't have him here either.

One thing that I have learned through out my daycare life is that when parents give me some form of feeling other than happiness, it is time for them to go.

Right now, I have so seriously amazing parents. They are still some what new, but they boast about me all the time, tell me how amazed they are by me and tell me just wonderful things. THIS is what I need to keep me motivated and doing a great job. This helps me wake up and bring my A game everyday.

When I had parents like yours that were making me stressed out and not following rules, keeping me on my toes, I hate my job, didn't want to get out of bed in the morning and really was unmotivated to do the best that I could.

Negativity will take you down. Don't let someone suck the Good out of you and all the good that you do. You deserve amazing parents to let you know just how amazing you are....

I know how hard it is to lose a client right now. Been there, just not long ago. BUT I went through a bad patch and guess what, I am soooooo happy that I did. Because I would not feel so awesome right now and I would not be so happy right now.....and when I started feeling this way, all of a sudden all of this wonderful stuff came my way. MY DC is FULL again.

Sometimes you have to lose the bad to gain to good............
                          Thank you, very good advice.. I am trying very hard to get new kids. I have had a few calls yesterday and today and interviews set up for this weekend. The rest of the families are very good and they would never do this to me.

Comment

I can't believe you or any daycare provider/babysitter/etc. would pick up a sick child from school! I would have told the mother that they have to pick the child up from school and that the child has to remain home, or at least out of my daycare for a full 24 hours of being healthy before they can return to my daycare. (That's the law here)

If, especially after caring for her children for 3 YEARS, she is going to treat you like that, you don't need to have her as a client anyway. I very well know the feeling of being afraid to lose income, but you definately don't need to deal with parents or children who are disrespectful of you or the other children in your care.

Start advertising your rear end off! You'll get new clients. Meanwhile, see if you can lower some of your expenses to help offset the income lost for right now.

Comment

Originally posted by permanentvacation View Post
                              I can't believe you or any daycare provider/babysitter/etc. would pick up a sick child from school! I would have told the mother that they have to pick the child up from school and that the child has to remain home, or at least out of my daycare for a full 24 hours of being healthy before they can return to my daycare. (That's the law here)

If, especially after caring for her children for 3 YEARS, she is going to treat you like that, you don't need to have her as a client anyway. I very well know the feeling of being afraid to lose income, but you definately don't need to deal with parents or children who are disrespectful of you or the other children in your care.

Start advertising your rear end off! You'll get new clients. Meanwhile, see if you can lower some of your expenses to help offset the income lost for right now.
                              I have actually had 2 interviews in the last couple days.and 2 more on Sat. and Mon. .they are all littles and the type of families I want. happyface
                              I am still going to keep this family but not get upset when their funding runs out, which won't be long.

Comment

That's wonderful to hear! Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X