Unbelievable Stress!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelievable Stress!

Today, I had a parent call me and ask me to pick up her child from school because he was throwing up. I picked him up and told the mom she needs to pick him up due to our sick policy.
    She then started to threaten to take her kids out my daycare if she has to leave work. I told her that she has to pick him up due to licensing rules, not just mine.

Well, she came and cleaned out the kids cubby and I asked if they are coming tomorrow? and she said "I don't know".
    I am so upset, I can't afford to lose this family. We are in such a scary time right now that if we lose any more income, we will lose our home. I was getting $1300 per month for them and I love these kids, I have had them for 3 years.

I am so stressed my heart is beating very fast, I feel nauseous and I can't stop shaking. It's not easy to get new families these days. I just can't believe this. I was just trying to protect these little babies from getting sick and this child was in a lot of pain and wanted his mommy.

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
    Today, I had a parent call me and ask me to pick up her child from school because he was throwing up. I picked him up and told the mom she needs to pick him up due to our sick policy.
    She then started to threaten to take her kids out my daycare if she has to leave work. I told her that she has to pick him up due to licensing rules, not just mine.

Well, she came and cleaned out the kids cubby and I asked if they are coming tomorrow? and she said "I don't know".
    I am so upset, I can't afford to lose this family. We are in such a scary time right now that if we lose any more income, we will lose our home. I was getting $1300 per month for them and I love these kids, I have had them for 3 years.

I am so stressed my heart is beating very fast, I feel nauseous and I can't stop shaking. It's not easy to get new families these days. I just can't believe this. I was just trying to protect these little babies from getting sick and this child was in a lot of pain and wanted his mommy.
    I'm so sorry. I would be terrified too. But, if her kids make your family and your other kids sick. They may pull their kid if you allow her ill child to attend. Have faith. If she pulls them because you refused sick care, she isn't worth the trouble. I cant believe she expected you to keep an ill child.

Comment

I truly hope that you don't lose the kids.

Even I don't keep a child that is vomiting.

Comment

Aw, Michelle...(((hugs)))! I am sorry this is happening. It is sooo not fair of her to aks you to do something that is against regulations so that she doesn't have to leave work. I am guessing she probably has missed a lot of work already and may be threatened with losing her job if she takes more time off? If that is the case then she should understand where you are coming from....kwim?

I would try to take a deep breath, calm down and perhaps phone her this evening when emotions have settled a bit and talk with her. Let her know how incredibly rude and disrespectful her behavior was/is. You obviously care for her family as you went and picked up her sick child. She also must trust you since she asked you to do it in the first place. Once you two talk a bit you will both probably feel alot better.

I am sure once she calms down she will see the error in her ways.

Comment

I would not be as nice as you were.

I am sorry that happened to you.
          - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
            Aw, Michelle...(((hugs)))! I am sorry this is happening. It is sooo not fair of her to aks you to do something that is against regulations so that she doesn't have to leave work. I am guessing she probably has missed a lot of work already and may be threatened with losing her job if she takes more time off? If that is the case then she should understand where you are coming from....kwim?

I would try to take a deep breath, calm down and perhaps phone her this evening when emotions have settled a bit and talk with her. Let her know how incredibly rude and disrespectful her behavior was/is. You obviously care for her family as you went and picked up her sick child. She also must trust you since she asked you to do it in the first place. Once you two talk a bit you will both probably feel alot better.

I am sure once she calms down she will see the error in her ways.
            I hope so, what is she going to do call other daycares and ask them to watch her vomiting child? We all have the same policies. I'm just afraid she's going to find some desperate daycare that will do it.

I know I need to calm down but this was so unexpected. She is usually pretty easy going and she never misses work, so I just don't know. I will definitely keep you all posted.

Comment

I'm amazed you picked her child up from school. I won't do that. Then the school can deal with Mom not wanting to pick up her sick child.

Comment

I've picked up numerous kids over the years from school when they were ill. I'll call the parent after the second episode, though.

Comment

Originally posted by bice99 View Post
                  I'm amazed you picked her child up from school. I won't do that. Then the school can deal with Mom not wanting to pick up her sick child.

I wouldn't have either.

The fact that she can make these demands on you is insane. The grade school should have kept him. They have a nurses office, they have the barf bucket... why did she not threaten to remove him from elementary school if they didn't keep her barfing kid?

Why is it more YOUR problem than the school's problem????

Comment

I would not have picked the child up from school either. My sick policy in part states if a child is too sick to attend school they are too sick to come to day care.

Comment

She works in Hollywood, it takes her over an hour to get here and I am a push over for helping people. I have thought the same thing too about leaving him at the school but that would have definitely sealed my fate.
                      I agree with all of you, I am so upset, I'm struggling to finish my day with the other kids. My jaw hurts
                      Last edited by Michael; 01-09-2012, 06:08 PM.

Comment

. My jaw hurts
                        Do you have a cardiac history, hun?
                        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

no, just a serious anxiety disorder, they tried to give me meds for it but it made me into a zombie, so I stopped.
                          Thank you so much for caring Catherder lovethis

Comment

no, just a serious anxiety disorder, they tried to give me meds for it but it made me into a zombie, so I stopped.
                            Thank you so much for caring Catherder lovethis
                            Ok...you had me really worried.

You already know she is effecting your health right now. You have done nothing wrong.

This is all her responsibility. I understand she is probably upset about work, but she chose to become a MOTHER.

I am so frustrated with her for treating you this way.... grr.

Comment

I'm so frustrated for you right now. You have to put yourself first here. Take deep breaths, get a glass of cold water. Calm down. No one is worth this type of trauma to your system. I know it's a lot of $$ to lose but have faith that you can replace her.

I agree with youretooloud here, it shouldn't have been your problem since he was at school not at your house. Next time she calls you to pick up a sick kid don't answer the phone. Then SHE has to deal with it...she is the mother afterall. ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X