Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have Any Of You Actually Gotten Bonuses For Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my parents gave me different types of art supplies (paint, fingerprint, chalk, and playdoh) they also gave me a card and 100.00 and told me they loved me. It was a great surprise at 7:30 in the morning. .

Comment

My other family brought a gift bag at pick up with a box of russel stover chocolates in it, I soo didn't expect gifts from either of my families but was nicely surprised that they did and made me feel good even though they have only been with me a few months.

Comment

One family gave me a bottle of perfume. I had complimented her on her perfume months ago. I guess she made a mental note. I was thrilled!

Comment

$50 visa gift card and a bag of Hershey's Kisses from my favorite family. So excited! I have almost all of my gifts left to wrap......those kisses are about to come in handy!
          Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Not a thing!

Comment

Originally posted by beachgrl View Post
              My other family brought a gift bag at pick up with a box of russel stover chocolates in it, I soo didn't expect gifts from either of my families but was nicely surprised that they did and made me feel good even though they have only been with me a few months.
              Just noticed last night that there was Also a restaraunt gift card for my choice of several different rest at the bottom of the bag my chocolates came in!! So didn't expect that and could have inadvertadely given it to someone else had I reused the bag for a gift haha..

Comment

I don't want to sound like I expect gifts, but they do make a statement. I have one family who brought us a gingerbread house kit as a gift for all the kids to make. I thought that WAS their gift, and I was very pleased with it, but on the last day before vacation, she also brought me and my husband a gift bag that we opened tonight (Christmas Eve). It had 2 big coffee mugs and plates, an expensive kind of cocoa, some peppermint schnapps, a hot buttered rum mix, and a carmel flavoring for mixed drinks. Soooo nice!! I love the big mugs. They are big enough to almost be a cereal bowl. If you ever watch Friends, they sometimes drink out of them in the coffee house.

Anyway, another family ordered pizza to be delivered on that last day for me and the dc kids, and another family gave my husband & me a gift bag with m&m's and a Christmasy bowl to put them in. I was pleased with both of these gifts also.

The last family gave nothing. They are not going to be here next week, and I forgot to collect her payment before she left. I texted 10 min later and said "oops, forgot to get a check from you. Do you want to swing by on your way home from work tomorrow?" (she was working Friday, but I wasn't) She texted back "For next week? We're not coming. Do we still have to pay?" I explained yes, it's in the contract. (They come 4 days/week - 2 kids - 3 hours) So she agrees to come by after work, and never shows up. At 6pm, (she gets off at 4:00), I texted and asked if she forgot. She claims she was still at work, which I don't believe for a second. I said we'd still be home for the next couple hours. She never showed, and I'm not going to bug her Christmas weekend. One of her kids is a problem kid. My ONLY problem kid. If you remember my posts about "The Crying Spot", AKA "The Choosing Place", she is the 3.5 yr old who scream/cries. A fine Merry Christmas from this family. After the first of the year, I am going to advertise to replace them, and then give them 2 wks notice. They are constantly changing times on me, late arrivals, the 3.5 yr old is sick a lot, they "forget" to leave a check, etc., etc.

Comment

I have never recieved cash bonus. This in fact was the first year i recieved anything. This year i got a card a pad of paper and an ornament all from the same parent. I was ecstatic, not because i got the gift but because of the thought. Its really irritating they say all the time on the news that childcare providers should be tipped a week to two weeks pay. Im curious if this has happened to any other providers?? I'm glad i charge for holidays!! Because i dont get jack!

Comment

I only got money once. Usually its baked goods, and gift cards.
                    Debbie

Comment

Originally posted by VioletCupcake View Post
                      Is'nt it funny how the gifts and the Thankyous and all of the warm holiday wishes come from the families with the easiest and sweetest children ::
                      Yep, that's usually the way. And it makes sense - the nicest Parents usually have the nicest children.

And the ones with the children that you spend 90% of your time trying to make nice little human beings out of are the Parents that won't give you a hello or a good bye much less wishing anyone a nice Holiday.

It's the old What comes around, goes around.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaddidle Care View Post
                        Yep, that's usually the way. And it makes sense - the nicest Parents usually have the nicest children.

And the ones with the children that you spend 90% of your time trying to make nice little human beings out of are the Parents that won't give you a hello or a good bye much less wishing anyone a nice Holiday.

It's the old What comes around, goes around.
                        I am odd man out because the biggest bonuses I have ever received from parents have been from the parents of the three worst kids I have ever had in care! I always figured they were "kissing up" so that I wouldn't term their kids....LOL!

^^^That was in years gone by but this year I got a BIG bonus and a sincere card of graditude from my high needs baby's mom. The card said "Bless you for having to spend all day with B, I know it is tough and I am soooooo grateful, you are willing to tough it out with us." lovethis also included a super thoughtful gift and a big bonus.....But it was the words she wrote that meant the most to me.

Comment

I actually recieved, $200 cash from one of my families, I was shocked and felt bad accepting it, but it was super generous, I got a beautiful necklace with my childrens names engraved, and a 1 hour massage from another, and $40 in food gift cards from another, very sweet families.

Comment

Originally posted by Jewels View Post
                            I actually recieved, $200 cash from one of my families, I was shocked and felt bad accepting it, but it was super generous, I got a beautiful necklace with my childrens names engraved, and a 1 hour massage from another, and $40 in food gift cards from another, very sweet families.
                            WOW!!! You are SO LUCKY!!

Comment

I only watch teachers' children and the parents have always given me a gift for Christmas. This year I got one weeks' pay in cash as a bonus and 3 gift cards for $25 each. I always give each of the children a gift and we do some kind of personalized craft for the parents. This year we did hand prints ornaments; last year the children were all younger so I bought ornaments that had openings for a picture and put a picture of the child's face in them. I always feel very appreciated by the parents. I am very fortunate in the families I have right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X