Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have Any Of You Actually Gotten Bonuses For Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never gotten cash ~gift cards and certificates, but never cash.

Comment

A check this a.m. had a large extra amount added on from one family - and the dad told me that after the holidays they'll talk about my rates for next year. They want to give me a raise. They already pay way over my actual rate because they keep giving me raises. Love the whole family!

Not a bonus, but my almost 5 yr old dcb was so excited to give me his gifts that he brought them early and showed everyone what he'd given me - windchimes, and a rock from his driveway that he painted! This a.m. he brought a bag of cookies he'd made with his mom and said they were only for me, I should not share even with him. His delight in the giving is so beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by emmajo View Post
        A check this a.m. had a large extra amount added on from one family - and the dad told me that after the holidays they'll talk about my rates for next year. They want to give me a raise. They already pay way over my actual rate because they keep giving me raises. Love the whole family!

Not a bonus, but my almost 5 yr old dcb was so excited to give me his gifts that he brought them early and showed everyone what he'd given me - windchimes, and a rock from his driveway that he painted! This a.m. he brought a bag of cookies he'd made with his mom and said they were only for me, I should not share even with him. His delight in the giving is so beautiful!
        how different children are! You and his family are blessed!

My dcb, 4 1/2, decided HE needed to open my present for me, and give me each thing individually. When his mother protested, he had a fit. Same kid who didn't want to make his gift for Mom AND Dad, just for Dad. Yeah, that's gonna happen on my watch...she gave you life...bub

Comment

Just got a gift card to a great local restaurant! And an adorable handmade ornament!
          Is'nt it funny how the gifts and the Thankyous and all of the warm holiday wishes come from the families with the easiest and sweetest children ::

Comment

Yep. One family always gives me a check for $50 every Christmas. 3 of my families have given gifts so far. $50 gift card to the movie theater, $40 gift card to Target and $25 gift card to Walmart.

Comment

Yes. I won't go into detail, but my parents are VERY generous. happyface

Comment

I am shocked to hear some of you get no cash, but even more shocked to hear some get nothing at all! I've gotten 150 cash and 150 in gift certificates. One was a visa gift card though, so good as cash. Last year I raked in $600, but many families are struggling this year so I'm thrilled to get anything.
                Last edited by Michael; 12-22-2011, 03:20 PM.

Comment

I've never got a cash bonus but 4 of my 5 families gave generously this year. I got a $50 gift card from one, $75 from another, $25 from another, and a nice necklace. I also received random Xmas decorations, popcorn treats, and flowers over the past 2 weeks. I'm grateful but, truly, my favorite part is reading the card that says, "Thanks for everything you do."

Comment

I got a coach purse from one of my families I am thrilled would never buy one for myself

Comment

YES - I have gotten cash bonuses as well as very generous gift cards for Christmas!! I have always had some great generous families. Of course I've also gotten the regifted lotions/soaps/candles at times, but those don't bother me either. I would never complain about ANY gift even if its not something I would use!

Comment

Originally posted by boysx5 View Post
                        I got a coach purse from one of my families I am thrilled would never buy one for myself
                        I got a coach gift card for $100 from one of my families yesterday.... I can't wait to hit the coach outlet but I am going to wait till like Jan/Feb when they are all restocked!!

Comment

I'm thinking that maybe it isn't all about good family or bad family with the cash and gift cards. I live in a small town in a rural area. The biggest employer is either the school or Walmart. People have just learned to think small. You have to do that to make it. There, I've made myself feel better. I'm sure that if I lived in a city, it would be different.

Comment

I got gifts from 3 of my families. Gift cards and candles and one set of siblings made me a cute painted box. I thought that was really thoughful. I also got a nice card of thanks from one of the families.

I have one family that did nothing last year and not again this year. Oh well. I'm sure they will enjoy the gift their DD made for them and the gift I got their DD. I'd like even just a nice card. Oh well.

Comment

I got lots of cute little gifts this year and one family gave me $250.00 cash gift. they made me promise not to spend it on DC or the DCK.... I will say that it will be hard to keep it for myself...... But I was very happy

Comment

I am a nanny to a wonderful family. This year I got a $100 Visa gift card happyface

Comment

Working...
                                X