Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have Any Of You Actually Gotten Bonuses For Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
    I don't expect it so I'm sure that if it ever does happen I'll be extra excited .
    I quoted myself here because after I posted this DCF that I was talking about in my comment came to pick up DCB and paid me. I made sure to count it right away and there was $5 too much and I told them. They said they knew and to keep it and that they knew it was a small amount but that wanted me to know that they appreciated me and that it was mine to keep.

It was only $5 more but just the though that they thought to give me a little something was awesome. I WAS extra excited .
    Last edited by Michael; 12-22-2011, 03:22 PM.

Comment

This is my first Christmas doing daycare. I didn't expect anything but I received one restaurant GC, a gift basket with deserts, a mason jar with brownie mix, a goodie bag w/ a shirt and other little things. And there was two parents that did not bring a gift, not that I mind. But I appreciate do EVERYTHING, it is the thought that counts, even if it's just a handwritten note.

Comment

I have gotten various gifts over the years as a teacher, my first year was the best..I had a mom a couple years ago who did slot for me and my ta as well as our class.

This being my first year doing this, I wasn't expecting anything..well one of my dck mom comes to the door w her child holding a Christmasy basket with goodies in it: cookies, homemade candy, chex mix, popcorn, and an ornament that I let the lilttle girl put on the tree, it was very nice way to start the day!

Comment

I got one cash gift ($40) and several gift cards, some wine and a few ornaments this year. I've never received one week's worth of pay, but I think that's too much to expect (I'm not saying that you're expecting that). If my daughter went to a daycare provider I wouldn't give one week's pay. I'd probably give a small gift card and maybe a handmade ornament or something along those lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunchimes View Post
            I'm thinking that maybe it isn't all about good family or bad family with the cash and gift cards. I live in a small town in a rural area. The biggest employer is either the school or Walmart. People have just learned to think small. You have to do that to make it. There, I've made myself feel better. I'm sure that if I lived in a city, it would be different.
            Honestly, too, I think some people just don't even think about getting their dcp a gift. I noticed that every gift I received this year was from a family where at least one parent is a teacher. I never would have thought about it before being a provider myself, but just because I am not big on gifts anyways.

Comment

DCB came in this afternoon excited to give me a gift! As I'm opening it, he says "it's a piece of bread"! True...it was a loaf of Italian bread, but it was on a beautiful handcrafted bread board! I'm totally psyched and feeling the love!

Comment

I just got a $100 bonus from the best dcm you could imagine. I lovethis my parents!

Comment

I handed out my dck's Christmas presents on Monday so that I wouldn't forget. I don't know if that gave my one dcf time to get something for me too or if they really honestly wanted to give me a gift this year (they've been with me for over a year now and are so wonderful). Well yesterday they came in and the child was holding a small box for me. Inside was a $50 Walmart gift card! Score! :: It's where I grocery shop so I was pretty excited.

It felt nice to be appreciated. None of my other families gave me a bonus or anything, but they did say Merry Christmas and that's enough for me. I understand how hard it is right now and I wasn't expecting anything anyway. What the one dcf gave me was craazy generous and I don't think will ever become the norm.

Comment

Originally posted by boysx5 View Post
                    I got a coach purse from one of my families I am thrilled would never buy one for myself
                    Seriously?!? That's amazing! Wow, send that family my way will ya?!::

Comment

I received 2 GC for restaurants (yay, no cooking for me!), 2 really cute christmas kitchen towels along with 1 weeks pay (from my drop in who was never here more than 2 days a week or 5 times in a month!), a coffee mug with some homemade mocha (mmmmmm), and some i-tunes cards! Each and everyone one of them also sent a card that made me tear up when I read them
                      But the best yet was the hug from my 3 yr old that has been having a rough time-and a big I love to go with ithappyface. She may frustrate me sometimes, but dang is she cuuuuute

Comment

Ok, I've already posted to this thread but I had to post that I was spoiled rotten yesterday. Almost all my families gave me a week's pay bonus this year. I don't know if they discussed it or what! Plus the cards they all gave me made me cry. Those words of thanks make every hard day more than worth it.

Comment

I got a mani/pedi gift certificate from one of my boys, and a nice hand cream set from another family. I was super happy with both, my hands take a beating during the day, it will be nice to pretty them up!

Comment

Never even so much as a card in 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
                              Yes. I won't go into detail, but my parents are VERY generous. happyface
                              Same here.

Comment

I have felt very blessed that this is my 1st year and have received so many nice gifts from my chldren/parents. I was not expecting all of this but I guess daycare providers are looked at just as teacher's are. So sweet! Merry Chrstmas to all!

Amanda

Comment

Working...
                                X