Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have Any Of You Actually Gotten Bonuses For Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have Any Of You Actually Gotten Bonuses For Christmas?

I couldn't imagine one of the parents actually giving money. Last year I got 1 gift for Christmas. This year so far I have received 2 gifts. I always buy for the kids, and the kids always make a special craft and home made cookies (some by me, some by the kids). So I was just curious if any of you actually receive cash bonuses.

No. Never have.

Comment

Not a cash bonus. I got a goody basket with candy and movie tickets from one and a tea pot with a poinsettia from the other. It was a bonus in that I didn't expect a gift from either one.

Comment

I have a few times, between $60 - $100. The majority of my parents give gifts to my hubs and I for xmas and Thanksgiving... gift cards, gift baskets, baked goodies from home, toys for the daycare, etc.

Comment

I have in the past. Anywhere from $50 - $150.

I actually prefer well thought out gifts to cash. I know, shocking.

But to me, it makes me feel like they really care about me and what I like. Nothing like opening a gift of funky socks,(my favorite!) handmade crafts, homemade food and goodies, poems about being a childcare provider, or a handwritten note of sincere thanks. lovethis

Comment

I usually get a mix of cash, restaurant GC's, movie GC's, Old Navy GC's and small personal gifts. My parents treat me well.

Comment

Yeah if you count a $2 tip because DCM didn't have change. She told me "oh Merry Christmas just keep it." Techinically she owed me $25 in back fees you don't know how hard it was to keep my mouth shut!

I have gotten a few gifts from parents nothing great usually regifting items or pencils etc but I was happy, it's the thought that counts. Some have given my son a gift after they see what their child takes home at Christmas. It's all good I do it for the kids.

Comment

It's always interesting to see who thinks to give a gift/card/anything.

We had one parent give us all $20.00 Target gift cards one year. Holy Smokes! That was sooooo generous! Her daughter is an absolute doll too. She's been with us several years and I don't think she's ever had a time out for anything.

And then there's the children that are a real struggle to deal with every day - their parents don't even say Merry Christmas! :: You gotta laugh.

The one that really burned me was the boy I watched every day after school for 4 months, for FREE. Not even a Thank you or a Christmas Card! I termed in November and they asked me to please continue through December so that they could find replacement care so I did. I'm not a total ogre but I don't think too much of them right now.

Comment

Never got money. But get gifts for xmas, providers day, and my birthday from some of them.

Comment

I used to have a family (20 years ago) where dad was a professional poker player. I still see him on TV sometimes. He's a big shot now.

They'd fly out to Vegas often, and shortly before Christmas, they were gone for a two weeks. When he got back, he wanted to know if he still had to pay. I said, of course. It's in your contract. He questioned it again, and I stood firm.

So, then, he says "well, ok, if that's what you think is right". He pulls out his money clip (yeah, really), hands me the money, then pulls of two more 100's. "K and I wanted you to have a Christmas Bonus" ...

???? He was quite a character!

Comment

I got three different families give $100 bonuses this year......

Comment

I got one gift last year...I think only one. Another might have been rolled into their weekly pay and I don't remember. But I'm pretty sure it was only one.

Not expecting anything this year. I never expect anything. I'm making nice stuff for the kids and the parents, and they will all get some of the cookies I've been baking, but I don't expect anything in return.

Except maybe their continued business
                        Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

I had one mom a few years ago who insisted on an extra week's pay as a bonus for each of the 5 years her daughter was here.

Then this year, I have a mom who brought me a nice lunch, then $100 bonus and a bag with three gifts in it is under my tree! Of course that is offset by plenty of parents who don't even say thanks........!

Comment

I have never received a bonus or cash for XMas. I have received gifts, and gift cards. I really, really appreciate each and every one of them!!

Comment

I've never gotten a "cash" bonus of any kind and only a few gifts from my families even though I give something small to all of the DC kids every year for birthdays and Christmas but it doesn't really bother me.

In fact I had a drop-in DCB last Sunday so that his parents could go out for their anniversary and DCD gave me an extra $10. I didn't count it right away so when I did the possibility that it might be a bonus or a tip came to mind but I wanted to make sure since they hadn't said anything. The next day when DCM called about availability I asked her about it. Turns out it was a mistake so she had me apply it towards her days for this week ::. So much for wishful thinking, but it doesn't bother me. I don't expect it so I'm sure that if it ever does happen I'll be extra excited .

Comment

Working...
                              X