Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a great Monday morning. Went for a walk then played in the yard a bit before lunch. By the end of this week it should be in the 70s but a chance of rain on the weekend. The kids loved being outside this morning, the last time we made it outside to play they took a 4 hour nap. I need to get more play equipment for outside.

Comment

Originally posted by tymaboy View Post
      Had a great Monday morning. Went for a walk then played in the yard a bit before lunch. By the end of this week it should be in the 70s but a chance of rain on the weekend. The kids loved being outside this morning, the last time we made it outside to play they took a 4 hour nap. I need to get more play equipment for outside.
      Isn't our weather here in Iowa awesome!!!

Comment

You know what I just thought of today? Since I lost my last 2 families I have not posted in the venting thread. Except for Baby T teething. It is so nice to have good parents!

Comment

I did something that I have never done before, I played hooky from my job today to get stuff ready for my daycare and do you know what, it felt GREAT! :: I suppose I should feel guilty but I'm so over my job I really don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Joy View Post
            I did something that I have never done before, I played hooky from my job today to get stuff ready for my daycare and do you know what, it felt GREAT! :: I suppose I should feel guilty but I'm so over my job I really don't.
            Play hooky while you can! Having a daycare you sure can't call in as much as you want to

Comment

I have never played hooky in my lift until yesterday. I went back in today and my first thought was "crap, I should have stayed home today too!"

My big news of the day is that I talked to Licensing today and she opened me "yesterday" I should get my letter tomorrow! I'm so excited, now I can advertise and get started. I was going to place my ad for opening June 1st but the more I think about it I think I'm going to run it with opening in May
              1st for a week and see if I get any calls....why put it off a month? I;m so excited!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Joy View Post
                I have never played hooky in my lift until yesterday. I went back in today and my first thought was "crap, I should have stayed home today too!"

My big news of the day is that I talked to Licensing today and she opened me "yesterday" I should get my letter tomorrow! I'm so excited, now I can advertise and get started. I was going to place my ad for opening June 1st but the more I think about it I think I'm going to run it with opening in May
                1st for a week and see if I get any calls....why put it off a month? I;m so excited!!!!
                Congratulations Miss Joy! What's keeping you from placing an ad that says NOW OPEN? Then, once you start interviewing you can negotiate the actual start dates for your clients. I held all my interviews in the evening and when I got a client that wanted to start (she mentioned she was flexible) I gave her a start date that was 2 weeks out so that I could give notice to my job. So my last day at my 9-5 was on a Friday and I started care for my first client the following Monday. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by misol View Post
                  Congratulations Miss Joy! What's keeping you from placing an ad that says NOW OPEN? Then, once you start interviewing you can negotiate the actual start dates for your clients. I held all my interviews in the evening and when I got a client that wanted to start (she mentioned she was flexible) I gave her a start date that was 2 weeks out so that I could give notice to my job. So my last day at my 9-5 was on a Friday and I started care for my first client the following Monday. Good luck!
                  The big reason is that if I say May 1st or June 1st it gives me time to get kids lined up, I can't quite my job if I only have one kid lined up. Three I could work with but not one. If I could I would quite my job right now so that I could spend my days getting my house ready but unfortunately I can't. Thanks for the "good luck"

Comment

Congrats Miss Joy!

I was lucky when I opened. I had a temp job that was flexible - I could say yes or no to days that I wanted to/could work. So when I started I had part time kids that only came a couple days a week so I left them know XX days I can not work & when I get more kids I will not be able to work any longer.

Comment

The sun is shining, it is warm. We had our first picnic outside on the patio for lunch. The kids played outside for about 1 1/2 hours. YEA! One of my moms baked a confetti Easter cake and brought it in, so cake for treat today. The little old lady from down the street keeps buzzing by in her little electric cart..........yes, Spring is here.

Comment

I did not think this day would end up being as good as it has. Baby T started the day off very cranky- would not eat or drink her bottle, just cry. But once she got it out of her system we ate lunch & headed out side. DCB got sand everywhere, how he got sand in his diaper while wearing a onesy is beyond me :: Today was the 1st day we went out with no coats! I felt like this day would never come!

Comment

I'm Full

I've been waiting since December for 2 foster children to get settled so they could start in my daycare. Friday. That means I'm at capacity for the first time in 18+ months. Thank you Jesus.

Comment

I have a drop in baby today & she is a complete doll! There is a chance that I will get her on a regular bases which I would not mind at all. She only fusses when she is hungry or tired. Wish they all were like that ::

Can we make this a sticky too? I think more people would post to it if it was easily assessable. I had to go searching for it again.

Comment

I have a drop in baby today & she is a complete doll! There is a chance that I will get her on a regular bases which I would not mind at all. She only fusses when she is hungry or tired. Wish they all were like that ::

Can we make this a sticky too? I think more people would post to it if it was easily assessable. I had to go searching for it again.
                              IT's National Provider Appreciation Day today!!! ALso it's Friday!!!! YEAH!!!!

Comment

Yes, I'll sticky it

Comment

Working...
                                X