Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
    The absolute best day to go to Disneyland is super bowl Sunday. No joke. We did it one year and we ended up leaving the park at 5pm because we dis the entire thing including some rides twice and got bored. I never realized that you can walk into the castle (drawbridge) and there was a little walkthrough of Sleeping Beauty until that time. We were always so busy and in a hurry to go to the next ride and stand in line. Take someone with a handicap placard too, you get parking right next to the tram that takes ou to the gates ::
    yep, we took a girl one year that had down syndrome and we got to go to the front of the line for almost every ride.
    We tried to go to the espn zone in down town disney last year to watch the Superbowl on the big screens..it was a joke!!! 3 hour line just to get in and they couldn't guarantee a table , we should have just jumped on the monorail and had fun!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pammie View Post
      I'm so excited I could burst!!

Several times each year I have events for my "Daycare Alumni" kids - kids that have grown up in my daycare but have since aged-out, so that they can come back and catch up with me and the other kids that grew up with them - since they're all in different schools and different sports/activity circles now.

Today, I'm having an Alumni Picnic with a "Minute To Win It" theme - sent out my invites a couple of weeks ago - and I had 19 of my alumni kids respond that they'll be here!! These kids are all ages 20 down to my newest "alum" who is 6 and just aged-out of school-year daycare this June:-)) Apparently, the "girls" were so excited about this that they all got together at one of their houses this week and made tie-dye team shirts for themselves:: A couple of the kids have jobs now, and will even be over later this evening after their work shift is over. I've been getting texts all week from different kids telling me that they're excited to come!

My daughter is coming to help - she lives at college - but is now Facebook Friends with many of these kids (she grew up with them too) and is excited to see them all in person.

I'm positively giddy that these kids are as excited as I am to come to my picnic today!
      That is just so cool!
      I know you will have fun!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
        The absolute best day to go to Disneyland is super bowl Sunday. No joke. We did it one year and we ended up leaving the park at 5pm because we dis the entire thing including some rides twice and got bored. I never realized that you can walk into the castle (drawbridge) and there was a little walkthrough of Sleeping Beauty until that time. We were always so busy and in a hurry to go to the next ride and stand in line. Take someone with a handicap placard too, you get parking right next to the tram that takes ou to the gates ::
        My dh has to use a mobility scooter to get around DL. We generally go every Mon during the school year. We generally get there shortly after the park opens, walk onto most rides, and leave when the kids are done about 2 or 3. I haven't been there at night since Halloween 2 1/2 yrs ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pammie View Post
          I'm so excited I could burst!!

Several times each year I have events for my "Daycare Alumni" kids - kids that have grown up in my daycare but have since aged-out, so that they can come back and catch up with me and the other kids that grew up with them - since they're all in different schools and different sports/activity circles now.

Today, I'm having an Alumni Picnic with a "Minute To Win It" theme - sent out my invites a couple of weeks ago - and I had 19 of my alumni kids respond that they'll be here!! These kids are all ages 20 down to my newest "alum" who is 6 and just aged-out of school-year daycare this June:-)) Apparently, the "girls" were so excited about this that they all got together at one of their houses this week and made tie-dye team shirts for themselves:: A couple of the kids have jobs now, and will even be over later this evening after their work shift is over. I've been getting texts all week from different kids telling me that they're excited to come!

My daughter is coming to help - she lives at college - but is now Facebook Friends with many of these kids (she grew up with them too) and is excited to see them all in person.

I'm positively giddy that these kids are as excited as I am to come to my picnic today!
          That's so neat. Most of my former daycare kids live out of state. I keep in touch with only a few here.

Comment

• Originally posted by sharlan View Post
            My dh has to use a mobility scooter to get around DL. We generally go every Mon during the school year. We generally get there shortly after the park opens, walk onto most rides, and leave when the kids are done about 2 or 3. I haven't been there at night since Halloween 2 1/2 yrs ago.
            You have got to see world of color, they will put you int he front row because handicap people go on first and get the best seats, but you have to reserve it.. free to reserve just do it as soon as you get there.

Comment

• Feeling Blessed!

Went rollerblading around the neighborhood and saw 2 home daycares. I went home and looked at their websites. They both have early child education education and have awesome seperate areas for their daycare.

They also both have openings for ALL ages! I have only a few openings. And I only have my living room and dining room. I am not a preschool teacher and dont do art projects as much as I'd like to.

So today I am feeling very blessed to have the dcp and kids that I do. I know others are struggling and I am trying to fill my 3 empty spots but looks like I'm doing a little better than average for my area!

This prompted me to contact a very sucessful wonderful provider in my hometown. I asked her what I could do to show appreciation to my dc families for choosing me. She hasnt gotten back to me yet but if any has any ideas let me know!

Comment

• Despite a lot of running around today and a few freak outs by a drop in kiddo, today was a fantastic day. We all had so much fun. I love my 2 yos! And I'm exhausted, but ready for tomorrow.

Comment

• New baby 4mths started today. He was very cute, ate good and napped! All went well!

Comment

• Maybe things are turning around! Two interviews scheduled for next week!! Crossing my fingers that one of them will work...
                    Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

• One interview today at 12:45 and the other at 6 PM tomorrow...and both have confirmed! I'm happy. I did a lot of work this weekend to get ready for these interviews and I'm crossing my fingers that I'll land the clients!

(And once I find functional batteries I'll take pictures of the handiwork :P)
                      Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
                        One interview today at 12:45 and the other at 6 PM tomorrow...and both have confirmed! I'm happy. I did a lot of work this weekend to get ready for these interviews and I'm crossing my fingers that I'll land the clients!

(And once I find functional batteries I'll take pictures of the handiwork :P)
                        Yay! Hope it all goes well. This back to school year has been wonderful to me too as Im booked solid and have people knocking down my door.
                        "Being a parent is wanting to hug and strangle your kid at the same time".

Comment

• telling me I asked DCB what his favorite part of the day was and he said going to Mrs. *****'s House and playing with DD.

Comment

• One of toddler's that has been crying himself to sleep for almost a month now has finally fallen asleep without screaming his head off!

Comment

• I truly have some of the best dcp's. I hear all of the horror stories on here about horrible parents and I feel so lucky! I have one mom that says Thank you a million times to me. Today she told me thank you for everything you do. I also had one of the dck's grandpa who always picks up tell me that he wanted me to know that he truly appreciates me and what I do and his grand daughter is thriving here with me. I love it and it makes me feel great to feel appreciated for all the work I put into my daycare Kids!!

Comment

• My 4:45 AM drop off didn't come this morning. I got an extra 2 hours sleep this morning.

The best part - Grandpa called last night to say that he was spending the night with them and they were taking him to school this morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X