Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    someone post some positives please,... going through some hard times here and need some good news. one of my best friends in the world's daughters is literally fighting for her life in the picu. she is 8. Leukemia sucks.
    Praying for your friend's daughter right now. I'm so sorry.

Comment

Yes it does (suck)...I am praying your friend, her child, and of course, you too!

Comment

Oh, how awful. I'm so sorry. Sending prayers your way.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          someone post some positives please,... going through some hard times here and need some good news. one of my best friends in the world's daughters is literally fighting for her life in the picu. she is 8. Leukemia sucks.
          Praying for your friend laundry!

I have some good news This week is my paid vacation and I am loving it! ::

Comment

Originally posted by Former Teacher View Post
            Praying for your friend laundry!

I have some good news This week is my paid vacation and I am loving it! ::

Yayyyyy! Enjoy every moment of it. I am sure you deserve it. I wish I had the balls to require paid vacation. I think I might try it after I've been in the business for a while.

Sorry to hear about your friend laundyduchess. Your families are in our prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by misol View Post
              Yayyyyy! Enjoy every moment of it. I am sure you deserve it. I wish I had the balls to require paid vacation.
              I truly have been blessed to work for this family. I have only been there since July 09 and I have had 6 yes 6 weeks PAID vacation.

Aug 09-Mom's grandmother passed away. 1 week
              Oct 09-Family vacation. 2 weeks
              Dec 09- Family vacation 2 weeks
              Feb 10 - Family vacation 1 week

Plus I will be getting another week in Aug again ::

The only thing that worked in my favor is that their previous nannies took really big advantage over them. They never did any work and really didn't pay attention to the little boy.

Bad thing about this job is its not a guarantee for me. Well it is for 3 years. Father is a doctor in the military so he will probably transfer. However when I was hired I was told that I would be there for at least the 3 years.

Needless to say, I have been very spoiled! But hey I think I deserve it after what I went through at my former center! ::

Comment

Originally posted by Former Teacher View Post
                I truly have been blessed to work for this family. I have only been there since July 09 and I have had 6 yes 6 weeks PAID vacation.

Aug 09-Mom's grandmother passed away. 1 week
                Oct 09-Family vacation. 2 weeks
                Dec 09- Family vacation 2 weeks
                Feb 10 - Family vacation 1 week

Plus I will be getting another week in Aug again ::

The only thing that worked in my favor is that their previous nannies took really big advantage over them. They never did any work and really didn't pay attention to the little boy.

Bad thing about this job is its not a guarantee for me. Well it is for 3 years. Father is a doctor in the military so he will probably transfer. However when I was hired I was told that I would be there for at least the 3 years.

Needless to say, I have been very spoiled! But hey I think I deserve it after what I went through at my former center! ::
                WOw!! Great for you and we do deserve it!!

Comment

My husband watch the kids for me yesterday so I could take a shower...HOW NICE!

Comment

My good news is that I am planning a trip sat morning up to kalamazoo to visit my friend and her daughter who is sick. Its been almost 20 years since Ive stayed in a hotel heaven help me. .

Comment

I had an easy day today one less child one left after lunch and all in all the kids were all really good only another hour and half and the day is done and also it's Friday who could asked for anything more

Comment

I am off Friday!!! I originally didn't take Good Friday off for my 'holidays'...but all of my parents have off AND keeping their children. YAY!!!

Comment

I added Good Friday as one of my Holidays two yrs. ago!! YEAH!!!! I can't wait to be off and have a 3 day weekend coming up!!!!!

Comment

The weather is finally warming up here, the wind dying down. The kids are on spring break and we'll actually get to play outside without getting muddy or too cold!!
                            Give a little love to a child, and you get a great deal back.

Comment

Having a good week so far! The best part was my parent actually was able to tell me the days I was closed next week this morning upon drop-off. I was shocked & was expecting her to be mad despite the fact that I had told her about my closing months before. Another GOOD thing was this mom never seems to know how much $$ she owes me. She NEVER underpays me but always has to ask. I only charge when I watch kids unless they call off. This week is a short week but I have one of her kids this week that I don't normally have so the amount is higher depsite it being a shorter week. I was shocked/impressed when she rattled off the amount to me this morning. Maybe she is not as ditzy as I thought, ! anyway, I was happy that she actually took the time to figure it out!

Comment

It's raining today, but by Wednesday it's supposed to be in the low 80's and SUNNY here!

Also, I have all of next week off!!

Comment

Working...
                                X