• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	normal family.webp
Views:	285
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	1007545 ......
    Last edited by Alwaysgreener; 01-25-2024, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• I saw this video on facebook called "ipad kids" and it's this man who has an opinion about children today and electronic device usage. Teacher's today have such a hard time teaching children because parent's don't help and all they do is sit in front of an electronic device all day every day according to the video and some data it stated that children spend up to 2 hours per day on an electronic device

Comment

• First My state pay DCM told me there was an error with the renewal and she was trying to straighten it out. I was not worried because her case was good until April. Then I was notified that I did not get paid for the end of January. That the case was closed as soon as they received her renewal, which she did not mention. She is also under the impression that it is still good until the end of March. I kept a copy of the renewal for my records, I pulled it out to call the state and I noticed an error on my part. I called and they would not let me talk to the case manager but they did take a message to give to her.

The frustrating part is that I had to call and push a bunch of buttons to get to the voice for a callback. Then when they called me back, she told me I called the wrong number. So I called the other number and it transferred me to the first number system but at least when the new person called back she was willing to help me and discuss the issue that I found.

Meanwhile, I have been working with two families to get them started. Family one called me in November while she was looking for work. Family Two is a referral from another DC and called in December. I did not hear from either family again until Jan.

Nov has 2 kids and neither has been in care, they live 30 min away and DCM has a long commute. DCM wanted trial days and came Mon and Tues this week, (we had discussed next week before they start and DCD would bring them). She still owes one set of paperwork for the food program.

Dec did the electronic paperwork but then I did not hear anything. I contacted her to ask if she needed help. She says she is waiting on the paperwork from the doctor. But I told her just to send what she has so I can finish on my end. I still have not heard from her and she has not sent the deposit, so I am considering telling her that the spot is full but decided to sleep on it.

On Wed, I received a text asking if it would be alright to drop off the paperwork on Friday. I said yes that would be fine.

This morning to my surprise it was Dec and not Nov. I was so shocked and relieved at the same time. When Nov dropped the kids off at the beginning of the week. She would not leave even when other kids were being dropped off.

So currently I am frustrated with the 2 trial days and DCM not leaving after dropping off. Plus the hours she is asking for are longer than I want to deal with 5 days a week.

Then I have been also dealing with DH checks being wrong weekly and the flex spending not being active. I am so over this week.

Comment

• Alwaysgreener
          Alwaysgreener commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh my credit union was off line all day, so I wasn't able to deposit Dec check.

• What would you about an employee that tries to nick-pick and tell other people what to do and then complains about other employees even ones that have quit. We have an employee that has been with us for a while and complains about other employees such as how they run their class, tone of voice to the kids etc. Then if she isn't doing that she complains about me and how i do things and what i do or don't do. If i don't replace toilet paper she gets upset because techinically whoever cleans the restrooms is suppose to do that. She was told to step down at the other daycare because of problems, then got a job with us and left because the old daycare asked her to come back which she obligated to because of the pay so after a while she was asked to stepdown and came back to us. She complained about an employee who quit because they quit and didn't give a 2 week notice, then she complained about a parent who quit to stay home with her kid because the parent slandered the daycare claiming we were being unprofessional because of a text that was posted in a group between all thr daycare employees and the parents . The owner apologized for what was said but the parent still wasn't happy about it

Comment

• Michael
          Michael commented
          Editing a comment
          Whomever is hiring at you facility is not choosing their hires very well. Have you voiced your concerns to your director?

• Me: DCG (22 months old) did not have mittens today, also her mittens are thumbless (0-9 months old size), so she will need mittens with thumbs. She took them off yesterday and put them in a mud puddle.

DCM: They were dirty, so I did not send them today and that is the only mittens she has.

Today just before nap, I sent DCB to go use the bathroom, and he returned with a wet spot on the front of his pants. I'm not sure what happened, I take him into the bathroom with his bag of clothes, and he has no replacement underwear. I thought I would check the underwear he had on to see if they were wet, I pulled his pants down a bit and I found he was a commando. Not what I was expecting.

DCG4 and DCG22m are playing DCB3 takes DCG22 away and tells DCG4 that she needs to ask to play with DCG22 (his little sister). Wait what, she needs to ask. NO dcg22 is a person, not an object. DCG4 is confused and crying. I asked DCG4 if she asked DCG22 if she wanted to play and she had. I tell DCB that No one has to ask him for permission.

Comment

• This family so stresses me out, even though they have been gone all week because "dad has been sick". I was hoping DCM did not pay today and I could refuse and term on Monday for lack of payment. But she did pay.

Last week she got mad because I added a late fee when she had not gotten home to pay me. I removed it but told her the late fee was added because she failed to pay Friday morning when payment was due. So this week she paid in the morning.

According to DCM, the kids are not and have not been sick. That DCD is the one that is sick, even though DCB had a cough last Friday and DCG had diarrhea last week. Why would you keep super healthy kids home all week with apparently really sick dcd?

I know what I have to do but I am unsure how to do it. I have had time with reasoning that would not blow up in my face, I want to say that it is not working out because it is affecting my dd homeschooling with the kids here so late in the day. But then I think that they have not been here enough for that to be a valid reason yet. If I use that reason, I feel that I am obligated to give two weeks' notice.

Plus she started picking up a little earlier before 5, last week, instead of minutes before 530.

I was going to say that dcg was not bonding with me but then she started reaching for me upon arrival. Then DCG started waking during nap but I think that she was not feeling well.

I just need a reason to give to DCM that will work without question.

Comment

• sahm1225
            sahm1225 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’d put the star on the calendar and start working on their exit plan. You knew they were sick and they intentionally withheld that info. But they’re also not a respectful family so anything they do will irk you more than normal. Once it gets to the point, put a star and if you still feel that way when you get to the star, then it’s time for them to go,

Sending you hugs. I’m currently dealing with families that I just don’t mesh with and I swear, even how they breathe bugs me.

• Alwaysgreener
            Alwaysgreener commented
            Editing a comment
            sahm1225 LOL I had that family a few years ago but it was not how they breathed, it was DCM and DCB voice, it sounded like they were always talking in a whiny voice. It was so hard. I always wanted to term because of it but never did, I even told her that I did not have space for her baby and she still stayed until DCB went to preschool.

• Alwaysgreener
            Alwaysgreener commented
            Editing a comment
            sahm1225 DCM lied to me, I know she lied and she knows and is trying to cover it up. I would love to call her out on it but I never know how to say to the parent that, I know that you lied without being all confrontational with them.

I have been temping these kids hourly to see if she has been giving them meds. The older one does not talk to me and the little one talks very little, so neither of them is telling on her.

• Just as I suspected, dcb is coughing and sniffing today. There is no way he wasn't sick.

Comment

• Alwaysgreener
            Alwaysgreener commented
            Editing a comment
            I normally do look at an occasional cough as just that. But dcb has a cough the Friday before they were gone for the week (ds ended up sick) When I asked how dcb was doing Dcm said he was well and there was no cough.

Ha ha dcm messaged and asked how the kids were and I told her that Dcg was coughing and fell asleep at 11 while coloring. That dcb had a cough again. She just messaged back to me as I was responding to you.

"Aw, poor baby. They were both sick the weekend before last and part of last week, then my husband and got it... DCB was fine again by Monday, but we all still have a residual cough, and sleeping a bit more than usual.

No one had had a fever or anything for several days, and we're no longer contagious (waited CDC guidelines for quarantine). Thankfully, there is no one left to get sick."

However she told me that they were not sick and DCB had no cough when I asked last Monday. That her dh was the one sick last week, all week.

• Alwaysgreener
            Alwaysgreener commented
            Editing a comment
            "Thankfully there is no one left to get sick"

Yes there is, ME and the rest of the day care, including my DD. (cause ds and dh already have it)

• Annalee
            Annalee commented
            Editing a comment
            I've had to let loose on some of my OCD++++ behavior as I've had parents drop off in masks so I know something is off but I have tried to NOT think about it......my clients sign in/out outside and I will probably NEVER change that due to my own sanity. We do have offer some outings together but usually at a park or something like that.

• DCB, potty trained, does not go unless I tell him to. I did not realize this until today when we did not go outside, he had held himself until he could not hold it anymore. When I asked his mom, she told me yes, if he has not gone in 2 hours she sends him.

So he knows how to use the toilet and how to hold it but does not know that when he is holding himself so much that it hurts that he should go to the bathroom. Thanks for the heads up.

I was confused as to why he was not playing with other kids but sitting watching and he wont talk to me when I ask him if everything is alright.

Comment

• DCB is just sitting at the table, and won't get down.

Comment

• Help I am trapped. Dcm texts me every day between lunch and nap on how the kids are doing. I wait until the kids are asleep to respond.

Today, dh was subbing for me as I had an appointment. Dcm text, message me on here when you get a chance since I won't see you at pick up.

Normally I would send a message but I am now annoyed that she asked like she doesn't trust that I would let her know anything important.

Comment

• sahm1225
                sahm1225 commented
                Editing a comment
                Those types of parents feel that they’re your friend and it makes them feel important that they talk to you every day.,I wouldn’t even reply. Since it said ‘text when you get the chance’, it’s your day off, you just didnt get the chance

• Alwaysgreener
                Alwaysgreener commented
                Editing a comment
                I have a feeling that I am going to have to deal with in the morning.

I am not even sure how to say your son would not get down from the table this morning. He stayed at the table even with me and my DD telling him he could down, he wouldn't come to circle time. Finally when I said he had to wash his hands, he smiled and got down. I am not even sure what to think. (He didn't even eat all of his snack)

My DD was trying to do her school work and keep saying, you can get down, why don't you get down. He wasn't disturbing her, he was just sitting there, he turned around once but when he saw I noticed him, he turned back around.

After snack he got down and played like normal. Honestly I don't know what to think.

Then ever day after nap, each child goes to the bathroom, same as before we go outside or before nap. He refused. When he finally agreed, he peed a lot.

Is this a control game?

• HatParty
                HatParty commented
                Editing a comment
                I use an app that has very regular updates, and parents *still* text. I used to be polite, but now I just reply with screenshots of their report on the app

• The darnest things kids say...

DCB playing with his sister this morning, Says to her that "if she did not stop touching him/taking the toy/pushing him, that Alwaysgreener said that she would not give her anything to eat or drink"

Um no, I have never ever told any child that I would not give them food or drink.

This is the same child who will not let others play with his sister without his permission.

Little worried that this was said to him at home.

Comment

• So glad allergies, teething and ear infections are not contagious.​

Comment

• So I use my dh FB account to do things on FB. My friend sent her son's bday party invite and I was responding to it, but then I looked over and saw a 60th party event off to the side. I clicked on it out of curiosity and two of my sisters got together to throw our parents a 60th-anniversary party the same day I was planning my kid's bday party. I had not sent out official invites because it is over a month away but I do it the same weekend every year, in between both of their birthdays.

BTW parents' anniversary was in March but they are south right now and will be returning at the end of April. They are planning the party three weeks later. They could have planned this earlier in May or waited until June.

I can't boycott the party either because they are having it at my sister's house who lives next door.

Comment

• Alwaysgreener
                    Alwaysgreener commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Unfortunately they did the same thing ten years ago for our parents 50th. And one of the sis did it 5 years ago for her son's open house and had it the same day I had planned my son's first bday.

Dh and I are trying to figure out what to say as they know I don't have fb and dh doesn't use it much, so they normally tell me about invites. I thought about making a fb invite for the same time to get their reaction.

(The other sister got married on my 14 bday, it was a bit of a shotgun wedding to the father of her son as he was dying of cancer and they were limited on available dates, or at least that was what I was told. But either way didn't remember my bday. 11+ months later he passed.
                    A year after that my brother did the same thing but with a planned wedding on my 16th. Never acknowledged that it was my bday or talked to me about it but then again my mom never said hey that is your sister birthday. At his wedding he overheard some one wish me a happy birthday and then he looked at me and said it's your birthday? He also forgot that our sister was married on the same day two years before.He later divorced so yeah me.)

• e.j.
                    e.j. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sounds as though your siblings are pretty self-centered. I'm sorry you've had to deal with all of that; it must be hurtful.

• Alwaysgreener
                    Alwaysgreener commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Every year around my children's birthday I go get their pictures taken so I went ahead and scheduled photo session for the day and time of the party. I have yet been invited by the sisters that are throwing the party. But I did get a Facebook link from our oldest sister who I am not talking to, I got her muted on my phone so I just saw it and I didn't click on the link.

The other two sisters don't agree that I have the right to cut her out when she hurt me so I had a feeling they doing this on purpose. It's going to backfire in their face just like other times when I say oh so sorry I wish you had called me and discussed that with me because we have an appointment that day.

This isn't the first time they haven't discussed it a date with me and I have had other plans and not been able to attend. And no I don't back down.

Now I need to plan my kids party for Saturday instead of Sunday as if I didn't know. Considering a location party, like the zoo or something.
                    Last edited by Alwaysgreener; 04-06-2024, 09:54 AM.

• Watch twins they said, they'll entertain each other they said...these are some of the most spoiled/needy babies I have ever watched and there are TWO of them! 9 months old and I keep thinking they'll grow out of it and they just don't!

Comment

• e.j.
                    e.j. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Two of the toughest kids I've cared for were twins. After they left, I swore I'd never take another set of twins again. They used to tag-team me at nap time every day. I'd just get one settled and the other would pop up in his crib. I'd get him settled in again and his twin would pop up. It went on like that every day, all during nap time. Drove me crazy! If dcm hadn't enrolled them in preschool and given her notice when she did, I would have termed them.

• Alwaysgreener
                    Alwaysgreener commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I had 6 months drop in twins my first, due to ratio, I could only take one at a time. Dcm would drop off one and take the other to medical appointments. Each twin had medical issues, one had more than the other.

They were the worst babies, I could not put them down ever. They cried so hard it hurt my ears.

Dcm got pissed when she arrived one time because dh was holding her baby, he is my back up, she knew that. She was rude to him and left without talking to me and then messaged me that she didn't need care the next week.

A month ish later she messaged me for care again. I told her sorry not available.

My other two sets of twins, were over two, both boys, both left around three weeks, both times dcm was the reason they didn't stay longer.

• I had a child go home and tell his parents that I am mean. He had called me a meanie a couple times that day—only because I sent him to time out which is something I rarely do. Both times he had done things which definitely warranted a time out. He had opened the gate between the playground and the baseball field and was wandering on the other side. When I caught him I explained what he did was dangerous and he had to sit on the bench for the five minutes left of playtime. He screamed in my face and told me I was meanie and he hated me. Then later he pushed a classmate down during center time and as a consequence he had to eat his lunch by himself. He kicked me and threw his crackers on the floor and stomped on them making a huge mess. I made him clean it up. Again he told me I was mean. He told another child to “go down the slide face first” and “ let’s go get” —meaning be mean to—another child.
                  At pickup when I talked to his parents they said “oh he’s just an active and ornery boy. He doesn’t need to be sent to time out. If you just talk to him I’m sure he will stop!” WTH. This child is a master at causing disruptions in the class and thinks he can get away with it because he is cute! And both parents always make excuses for his bad behavior.
                  I’ve begun documenting the things he does so that I have a record in case we need to conference with parents.

Comment

• Annalee
                    Annalee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I hear ya; glad you are documenting! I have dcb4 and he always says "I'm sorry" after his actions and I've explained to dcm that 'sorry' should bring about change action.....she doesn't like hearing that but choices/consequence are a part of life.... and I also hear 'he doesn't act like that at home' and my answer to that is 'there are different or NO boundaries within the home but this is group care so we have boundaries/expectations'. Hang in there!

I also have dcg4 who still gets a paci/bottle at home and she has meltdowns alot and I've shared the same analogy as dcb with dcm but she doesn't take it well at all....she wants a BABY but this dcg4 will soon be going to kindy and that will be interesting as she is NOT A BABY!

• Alwaysgreener
                    Alwaysgreener commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I just had a dcb that told his sister that if she did ... Again that Ms DCP said she would not give her anything to eat or drink.
                    Last edited by Alwaysgreener; 04-06-2024, 10:36 PM.
                Working...
                X