Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCD is out of town so Gma is dropping off DCK. I’ve never personally met Gma, just a wave from the car when she brings DCM to pick up DCK. DCM doesn’t drive, she’s legally blind.

This morning, Gma comes up to my door and tries to open it before ringing the doorbell. She wasn’t successful because the storm door and the front door are both locked. But to have the guts to walk into someone’s home, whom you’ve never met, totally unannounced before ringing the doorbell is mind boggling!

Comment

• Blackcat31
      Blackcat31 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would post a sign during business hours stating the door is locked for safety purposes and that all clients must ring doorbell. That way no matter how anyone views you (business or “family”) they will know you expect them to knock or ring bell.

• FlyingJewels
      FlyingJewels commented
      Editing a comment
      One time a DCD walked in and just stood inside my home. He didn’t text me or holler for me or anything. My husband was home and was watching him. He noticed that no one else was by the door. Normally kids are running to their parents type deal. So He came into the house and acted like he was getting something out of the kitchen. Noticed that dad standing there and I wasn’t coming. So he asked him what he was doing. . My husband unfortunately lost his temper some and it wasn’t a good incident.

• girlmomma
      girlmomma commented
      Editing a comment
      FlyingJewels that’s just creepy!!

• Originally posted by girlmomma View Post
    DCD is out of town so Gma is dropping off DCK. I’ve never personally met Gma, just a wave from the car when she brings DCM to pick up DCK. DCM doesn’t drive, she’s legally blind.

This morning, Gma comes up to my door and tries to open it before ringing the doorbell. She wasn’t successful because the storm door and the front door are both locked. But to have the guts to walk into someone’s home, whom you’ve never met, totally unannounced before ringing the doorbell is mind boggling!
    That is because she sees you as a business not as a personal home.

Comment

• Why do parents feel the need to send their children to daycare after returning from vacation 8 hours prior to drop off????

DCF flew back in last night and got home around midnight. They were checked into daycare at 8:23 AM. They were trying to fall asleep at 10 AM. I put everyone down at 12:30 today. They slept until 3:30.

Why on earth would anyone do that to their child??!

Oh and side note: it looked like mom had went home to sleep and change.

Comment

• e.j.
      e.j. commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol Before I got to the end of your post, I was thinking, "Because they want to go home and sleep and they probably are afraid they won't be able to with the kids there."

• girlmomma
      girlmomma commented
      Editing a comment
      e.j. She did. She also kept them home last Wednesday since “they had traveled and were wiped out.” Why not do that when you returned in the first place…?

• DCK has a horrible cough right now and a runny nose. She’s had some chest congestion for the last week. No other symptoms.

I tell DCD that unless the cough is gone tomorrow, she can’t return to daycare and suggest maybe she go to the doctor since I’ve heard it for the last week. He said he noticed it last night but since it didn’t keep her up and since she doesn’t have a fever, he doesn’t think it’s anything to worry about.

I don’t think it’s normal to hear a child’s chest rattling. But okay.

Comment

• Annalee
      Annalee commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a different post about sickness, too, and I think there is a new crud of some kind out there but hopefully it's made it's way through my daycare and gone by Monday????

• e.j.
      e.j. commented
      Editing a comment
      Girlmomma, you were smart to tell dcd to keep her home today. I figured I'd keep all of mine since they were all sick anyway. I wish I had closed and sent everyone home as I sit here with a scratchy throat and headache. Ugh!!

• girlmomma
      girlmomma commented
      Editing a comment
      e.j. She returned today… miraculously the cough that “she gets every winter and has all winter long” is 1000x better!! DCD didn’t seem so upset that I turned him away at the door last week. He even asked if she was okay to return and mentioned he could come get her if needed. I told him if she coughs more than 5x in a 10 min period, she couldn’t come. He said it was occasional. I agreed to take her. She’s coughed a hand full of times ALL DAY today… nothing like last week!!! I wish parents understood that if they’d just follow policies, it’s not that bad and we could stop passing the same garbage back and forth.

Annalee it’s all going around. Covid, flu, strep. Tis the season!

• DCF1 text me this morning… “Could you put DCK on the potty? DCK is doing really well at home.”

Me: “Per policy, DCK has to tell me when they have to go. I will try to show DCK the bathroom and potty today if time allows for it.” I go to take DCK to the bathroom… the kid is in a diaper.

Why make it harder for me???

————————
    DCF2 text me last night… “Can I pay you on Wednesday? If not, I could ask my parents for the money.” (Parents are friends of ours/neighbors)

Me: “Per policy, payment is due Monday.” DCF no call no shows today. I text them to check on them and they’re sick. So far, payment hasn’t been made today. Late fees kick in at 5:30 and I don’t accept the children into care on Tuesday if it’s unpaid.

————————
    DCK11MO is teething. All of his teeth. All at once. Thankfully, DCM treated me to a coffee today.

DCK1.5 decided to bite DCK2.5 today. Totally unprovoked. It was on DCK2.5’s cheek so I’m sure the excuse will be that DCK1.5 was trying to “kiss” DCK2.5

Comment

• girlmomma
      girlmomma commented
      Editing a comment
      FlyingJewels she never showed up again… and her parents are making $25 payments weekly to pay off her very hefty balance.

• Alwaysgreener
      Alwaysgreener commented
      Editing a comment
      girlmomma Wow, you are getting your money. How in the world did you manage that?

• girlmomma
      girlmomma commented
      Editing a comment
      Alwaysgreener her parents are our neighbors. We’ve distanced ourselves from them, just because we felt taken advantage of. They only call us when they need childcare or something mechanical done that they ask my husband to do/hint around about it until my husband offers. He’s stopped doing that now that the daughter caused a lot of friction.

• I invoice parents weekly. I have one family that never paid this week and I have resent invoices twice and added late payment fee. Should I send a text too?

Comment

• e.j.
      e.j. commented
      Editing a comment
      I would add a message and explain the consequences of not paying by a certain deadline.

• Alwaysgreener
      Alwaysgreener commented
      Editing a comment
      I texted yesterday and she paid, without the late fees but she paid. I wonder if she is not getting the invoices. We will see when they come tomorrow.

• My state has a site for me to submit training hours for easier tracking and license renewal. I submitted a document on the 18th and I got an email telling me that my "membership" had expired. (Renewing the membership is like creating a new account completing screen after screen, basically updating your profile, for example, address, phone, name, etc)

Irritated because I swore I just did that, I logged in and my membership did get renewed not that long ago on 11/30 and does not expire until 2024!

Then I got an email from the site about the document that I sent in on 11/13, they do not accept free certificates from XYZ company, so I must go pay for the paid one. Although my state rules do not exclude XYZ free certificate the credit hour will still count it just can not be loaded onto the site. I then checked and I am over my required hours, it would be a waste of time and money to go buy the paid certificate.

I am starting to think that this site is not a time saver they advertise it as, just a waste of time.

Comment

• Michael
      Michael commented
      Editing a comment
      Government bureaucracy at its best. Irritating-is too nice a description. I’ve been dealing with the VA for months for my father-in-law for his benefits. He’s 91 and it feels like they are waiting for him to pass on. Literally 5 months on the phone and sending documents to no avail.

• Alwaysgreener
      Alwaysgreener commented
      Editing a comment
      My dad is a vet too. He is 82 and served in the Army by the Berlin wall.

Anyways my mother found a Thrift store for Veterans in FL. The man will get a full uniform and medals for any veteran that passes, shipped to the family.

• Originally posted by Alwaysgreener View Post
    My state has a site for me to submit training hours for easier tracking and license renewal. I submitted a document on the 18th and I got an email telling me that my "membership" had expired. (Renewing the membership is like creating a new account completing screen after screen, basically updating your profile, for example, address, phone, name, etc)

Irritated because I swore I just did that, I logged in and my membership did get renewed not that long ago on 11/30 and does not expire until 2024!

Then I got an email from the site about the document that I sent in on 11/13, they do not accept free certificates from XYZ company, so I must go pay for the paid one. Although my state rules do not exclude XYZ free certificate the credit hour will still count it just can not be loaded onto the site. I then checked and I am over my required hours, it would be a waste of time and money to go buy the paid certificate.

I am starting to think that this site is not a time saver they advertise it as, just a waste of time.
    Update they said the reason I need to renew was because it has been 30 days since I did the renewal. It is so confusing, I apparently applied for the renewal on 9/28 but it took them until 11/10 to approve me then extended my membership date til 11/30.

According to the email I had 30 days from 9/28 to submit certificates but I submitted 3 certificates on 11/14 & 3 more on the15 and they didn't get rejected for being outside the 30 day window. Which I emailed and questioned why were those were approved.

I also asked where on the website does it explain this policy, so I could read and understand it better and the sent me one link that says after I renew I need to send documents as soon as possible, which doesn't necessarily mean 30 days.

The other link says 30 days but neither explain why.
    Last edited by Alwaysgreener; 12-23-2023, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• All has been well during my time off so don't want to complain MUCH but my washer just died.......my son took it apart per my brother and they both agreed; just get a new one.

Comment

• Annalee
        Annalee commented
        Editing a comment
        Lowe’s and electronic express per my research.,,,,Lowe’s and Home Depot don’t keep stock to sell, only displays, within the store and I can’t wait so we went to electronics express and got an LG… Every place told us LG was the way to go now they were bypassing all the others…Maytag , speed queen and Samsung. Oddly electronic express was only one who had one in the store. My bro shops there alot and now I know why. On our way home to get r going.
        Last edited by Annalee; 12-30-2023, 10:31 AM.

• Alwaysgreener
        Alwaysgreener commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad you found one. I had to go to an appliance store too. Our hardware stares don't stock any appliances either.

I do prefer appliances stores, I feel my valued with them.

I am surprised that LG is recommended, here the repair men will not touch LG or Samsung. My fridge is a LG but labeled as a Kenmore. I had to call a man an hour away to come check out the water line leak. He couldn't find anything, so we don't use the ice maker anymore since it still leaks. Other than that, the fridge still works and lasted longer than the GE.

I think my microwave/pizza oven is a LG too, also labeled Kenmore. We had that for ten years and my dh had to repair that once.
        Last edited by Alwaysgreener; 01-09-2024, 08:56 AM.

• Annalee
        Annalee commented
        Editing a comment
        Like doctors or anything else I guess; some people like certain ones and some people don't.....LOL My aunt went ballistic when I told her we got an as her fridge is LG and she's had all kinds of trouble so???

• Not sure where to put this so.......dcb4.5 arrives and dcm shakes the puzzle I give him in his Christmas stocking at me and says 'he wants YOU to do this with him'. I say "it hasn't even been opened"....she says snarkily 'I KNOW'. So I think ok, and I open the puzzle after breakfast and sit down with dcb4.5 and he says "my mom wants you to do things with ME". so not sure what their conversations have been but obviously he tells her I don't do things with him.

Comment

• Annalee
        Annalee commented
        Editing a comment
        TODAY AGAIN! Uhm no, dcm, we have plenty of puzzles here but thanks...... NO NEED to dangle that puzzle in my face anymore, please take back home. Didnt actually say the latter but REALLY wanted to. LOL

• e.j.
        e.j. commented
        Editing a comment
        That's kind of obnoxious behavior on her part. I don't do well with passive aggressive bs. I'd mention what her son said and ask if she has any concerns about the amount of time I spend with him one-on-one. It's kind of funny when they realize their kids have been repeating things they've said at home.

• I was playing with the kids in the gym the other day and I tripped and fell on the hard floor. I landed right on my knee and now I have a painful bone bruise. At least I didn’t break or chip anything. I’ve always been a teacher who gets on the children’s level and plays gross motor games with them but until the pain is gone I’m going to have to sit on the sidelines and watch.

Comment

• Annalee
        Annalee commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope you feel better soon!

• e.j.
        e.j. commented
        Editing a comment
        It's frustrating when you're used to doing things with the kids and can't because of an injury. I used to do a lot of physical things with the kids - chasing them while playing outside, dancing with them... I injured my knee just before the pandemic and while that injury seems to have healed, osteoarthritis has set in and it keeps me from being able to bend my knee without a lot of pain. I used to sit on the floor with the kids to play, read books. etc. I can't do that easily any more (I can get down but getting up isn't pretty - I feel like a turtle trying to right itself after it tips over! ) and while I've learned to adjust, it's really frustrating for me at times. I hope you heal quickly and can get back to doing all the fun things you used to enjoy with your kids.

• Hey guys,
      hope your staying warm and enjoying the snow (if you have any)!!

Comment

• I changed my opening time to 7 as no one was arriving before 7:30, most days 7:45......began the new time this week and I have had two cars in my drive at 6:50 waiting to come in at 7....it's a control thing with clients but I'm NOT opening before 7 unless someone actually goes to work and needs to at that time and they will PAY.....an exrra hour makes a big difference for me and I'm too and after 30 plus years I'm NOT going backwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Annalee View Post
          I changed my opening time to 7 as no one was arriving before 7:30, most days 7:45......began the new time this week and I have had two cars in my drive at 6:50 waiting to come in at 7....it's a control thing with clients but I'm NOT opening before 7 unless someone actually goes to work and needs to at that time and they will PAY.....an exrra hour makes a big difference for me and I'm too and after 30 plus years I'm NOT going backwards.
          sometimes I wonder if parents think that hy doing things like that, they’re showing that they’re in charge when in reality all it does it shows us they’re jerks ‍♀️

Comment

• Annalee
            Annalee commented
            Editing a comment
            Absolutely!

• Sorry this is long -

I’ve had a rough past year. LOTS of family drama that has resulted in soft no contact with my mom. Basically I am not NOT talking to her, but I am not reaching out. I am
          not readily available, don’t immediately answer calls or texts. etc. and its been really hard to the point I started therapy to process.
          I always have a hard time with Covid and I got it again in September (3rd time). I go into long Covid so I was in tears when I tested positive because I knew it would be months before I felt better and I was so mad at the daycare family saying ‘it’s not a big deal’ . I got laryngitis in November and it was brutal. Ended up in the ER a few weeks ago due to chest pain and it’s not my heart or my lungs, but they don’t know why I’m in so much pain. I’m 43 and considered I’m excellent health. I went to an ENT and was told that I have horrible acid reflux and they want to insert this thing in my throat to measure how bad it is and they insisted on an allergy test because from the scope in my nose they can see I have allergies. I’ve NEVER had allergies before. It’s just been rough all around. I went yesterday to the allergist and out of 28 things they tested, I reacted to 21. I am essentially allergic to outdoors and some nomfs that ONLY happen when it’s -20 that the allergist has never seen anyone be allergic too. I’m a great candidate for immunotherapy (weekly injections for 3-5 years). So anyway, I’m just overwhelmed and need mentally exhausted because of all the family drama….
          anyway today I have a kid come that has missed the last 2 days due to illness. This family NEVER keeps kid home so I knew it must’ve been bad and they insisted it wasn’t. About 3 hours in, kid looks miserable and starts crying asking to go home. Text parents and they come to pick her up and I say kid needs a doctor note to return because there’s TONS of symptoms, you both work with the general public and cases are high around us AND kid has been sick since Friday night so I’m worried… DCD snaps that they’ll see what they can do because they don’t want to waste their time at urgent care for 4+ hours just to be told it’s viral… I calmly said ‘I know it’s tough, but just this month we have had an RSV, Covid, flu, and pink eye (and I only have 6 kids!) and nothing has spread because we’re all doing our part..: DCD replies ‘I don’t know what you want me to do just because YOU want a doctor visit’… I just want to scream!! Just take the kid, have them check she doesn’t have anything, and let her rest: she was having chills and miserable. Be a parent for godsakes… (bringing me back to my own mom who this morning my sister tells me she’s bragging on social media about having blocked me …. Sigh…

Comment

• Blackcat31
            Blackcat31 commented
            Editing a comment
            I PMed you

• Michael
            Michael commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree you have to put yourself first. Surrounded yourself with those that give you energy and stay away from those that sap you of your happiness even if it’s family.

• Alwaysgreener
            Alwaysgreener commented
            Editing a comment
            sahm1225 Yeah I am allergic to dogs and cats too. But when it comes to my own pets, I do not notice it Then when I get around other people's pets, I get all stuffed up. Also when I cut my food allergens out of my diet, I started to feel better and could tell that the foods were causing me headaches and a swollen tongue.

It was funny when they tested me for trees, my arm flared up from the mulberry tree poke. When I was young I used to eat mulberries from my grandma's tree and never reacted. But now I can't be near one.

I totally agree, cutting a mom out would be way harder to do than an older sister. I agree, the weight off my shoulders felt so good.
        Working...
        X