Injury that Requires Medical Attention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
    oh man. Have you spoken to licensing again? Insurance hassles are a nightmare. I wouldn't pay the bill, because that's admitting you're responsible for it. I would tell the director it is her responsibility to pay it and THEY can wait for insurance reimbursement. Pretty soon, it will bump to collections and be on your credit report.
    Exactly, the girl in billing advised me not to pay it also. She said that there are no late fees or anything until it is 60 days past due. They will send a bill out at the 30 day mark and at 60 days it will go to collections.

I told daycare it needs to be taken care of before it goes 30 days late. I am a little concerned since they are asking that I provide them with the EOB and stating that they do not need a HCFA (which is what I was told they need). I told them that I'm just going to give them copies of everything that I am sent and they can sort through it. I'm willing to bet the insurance company is the same as mine since it's the most popular one in the area, but insurance claims and medical billing is something I don't have a lot of familiarity with.

Comment

Wish I didn't have to resurrect this thread.

But the bill from my son's accident in August is still unpaid. It went through my insurance, daycare's insurance (who only paid $36), and left a balance to be paid.

The director says she "thought it had been taken care of by her insurance company" which is bizarre to me since I received an EOB from them and I would assume she would have too. I dropped off the bill with my kids yesterday.

I originally thought that the full bill would be covered and I would be reimbursed for what I had paid, but that's out the window now. I'm just so livid I have probably made 30+ phone calls on this and it should not take over 5 months to make this right.

Comment

Working...
      X