No announcement yet.

Inconsolable Infant - Only at Daycare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never worked in a center so I have a question... is it common for centers to rock babies to sleep, feed them to sleep, and place them in their cribs AFTER they've fallen asleep?

I'll be honest, it seems like that's the issue right there. All of those things are strict no-go's for me as they're not conducive to my group setting.

Comment

Originally posted by craftymissbeth View Post
      I've never worked in a center so I have a question... is it common for centers to rock babies to sleep, feed them to sleep, and place them in their cribs AFTER they've fallen asleep?

I'll be honest, it seems like that's the issue right there. All of those things are strict no-go's for me as they're not conducive to my group setting.
      It depends on the center, the ratio and the amount of babies and their ages. Ours is 5:1 and we have 6 enrolled. They're aged between 8 wks and 11 mos. Because the numbers are low, they can be rocked to sleep occasionally. If they fall asleep while feeding, sometimes they wake them up to finish or they stop and lay them down. I once worked in a center where there were 18 babies and 3 teachers (6:1 ratio back then). It look like an orphanage.

Comment

Working...
      X