Oil Pulling Anyone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pulling Anyone???

I bought organic coconut oil, for oil pulling. Has anyone tried this? I'm going to try it tonight. I have read that morning is better, but that would mean getting up a bit earlier to have time to drink coffee and do the oil pulling. And, frankly I'm to lazy to get up any earlier and to addicted to coffee to cut that short.

Originally posted by Jack Sprat View Post
    I bought organic coconut oil, for oil pulling. Has anyone tried this? I'm going to try it tonight. I have read that morning is better, but that would mean getting up a bit earlier to have time to drink coffee and do the oil pulling. And, frankly I'm to lazy to get up any earlier and to addicted to coffee to cut that short.
    do you mean like Indian medicine? I think its called Hita?

Comment

I tried it today for the first time. I only lasted ten minutes and I used to much and gagged myself. I had never heard of it until my daughter send me a link to a blog about it. I'm going to try to do it everyday.

Comment

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...62578216,d.b2I

Wow that is a long link! I have also read of other benefits besides oral health.
        Thanks for the link. I love wellnessmama! I never read that one before.

Comment

this was very common in my home country as a child, but I don't think we did it. 20minutes is way too long for me to keep my mouth shut....

Comment

What a coincidence! I JUST mentioned this in my Manuka Honey & Bee Venom post

Comment

I do oil pulling with organic coconut oil. I use a tablespoon full and swish while I take a shower for 20 minutes. Don't swallow or spit it down the drain. Just spit it out in the trash or napkin when finished.

This is the one I prefer:

I also use their coconut butter in my tea.
              Last edited by Michael; 03-07-2014, 03:35 PM.

Comment

I do exactly what Michael does. Twenty minutes in the shower. The first time I did it, I wasn't sure if I could hack 'chewing' up the coconut oil to soften it, but it's not that bad at all. Just don't use too much.

Comment

Yep, I do it sometimes. Haven't since I ran out of coconut oil and haven't gotten more. But 1 TB, swish for 20 minutes, spit into trash. I prefer in the morning but like my sleep :: so often end up doing it in the evening. Have knocked out a few colds and brewing illnesses by doing it even just once. And when I was in the habit of it a few times a week for awhile, my teeth were DEFINITELY less sensitive and always had that "fresh from the dentist" feel!!
                  Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

I will try this with my family

Sounds like a great idea. Oil pulling. Thank you.

Comment

I tired it 3x. How do you not swallow any of it? I have ended up each time swallowing a bit. The longest I have done it is 5 minutes. I am going to keep on trying but, the whole swallowing thing is getting me.

Comment

I tired it 3x. How do you not swallow any of it? I have ended up each time swallowing a bit. The longest I have done it is 5 minutes. I am going to keep on trying but, the whole swallowing thing is getting me.
                        maybe try just a bit less oil until you get the routine down (and the not swallowing..)

Comment

I tried too but honestly until there is more evidence that it is actually beneficial, I am never doing it again. (ew!)

Comment

We oil pull!!!!

It has been done for years but catching on again.
                            Each day is a fresh start
                            Never look back on regrets
                            Live life to the fullest
                            We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

Working...
                            X