No announcement yet.

Very Serious Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 16 kids...so no room to hang 16 towels! We use paper towels.

Comment

Originally posted by Pammie View Post
      You can actually shop samsclub.com - they have more online than they do in the stores - and prices are very reasonable:-))

Like PP I use Scott tp that I buy at Sam's. Any other brand seems to clog the pipes

I gave up using paper towels about a year ago. I was going thru about a roll/day - even the Bounty Select-A-Size ones! I use all cloth towels that I got at IKEA. Each towel has an attached colored hanger-hook - every child has their own color in the bathroom. I put a fresh set out each morning, and take them down after closing each afternoon. I have 5 sets - one for each day of the week - and then wash/bleach them on the weekends:-))
      That is a great idea. Sadly, I can only do a one-use towel. I figure I can buy a bunch of them and just let the children grab a new one each time. In the long run, that is still much less expensive than what I'm paying now.

Comment

What about getting "unpaper towles" ill post link when kids are gone

Comment

The towels from Ikea are a great idea. I'll have to get down there soon.

I've also been considering the towels and dispenser from Sam's.

Thanks to whoever suggested ripping the TP off for them and leaving it in their reach. This will work perfectly for me. I have one who recently lost the right to go to the bathroom without letting me know, so I can do that for him.
          Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Originally posted by actaktmdt View Post
            What about getting "unpaper towles" ill post link when kids are gone
            Thanks. I can't wait to read about what an "unpaper" towel is.

Comment

I use the Pom brand from Sam's Club for the daycare; I teach the kids to count squares. For most trips, the # of square per year of age as a general rule. It helps give them a visual of how much they should use. They aren't limited to that of course, but it helps them stay focused when they are yanking the tp roll, .

For paper towels, I recently put up a commercial dispenser from Sam's Club. I have 14 kids everyday in the summer, so paper makes my life easier! So far I like it. I will probably go back to the cheap Walmart washclothes when school starts again; I really do like that method for the preschoolers and they love to fold them!

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
                The towels from Ikea are a great idea. I'll have to get down there soon.

I've also been considering the towels and dispenser from Sam's.

Thanks to whoever suggested ripping the TP off for them and leaving it in their reach. This will work perfectly for me. I have one who recently lost the right to go to the bathroom without letting me know, so I can do that for him.
                The closest Ikea to me is 2 hours away. If you go there, can you post what they cost? If they're inexpensive and good quality, it might be worth the trip. Plus, it would give me an excuse to have a swedish meatball lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by CheekyChick View Post
                  The closest Ikea to me is 2 hours away. If you go there, can you post what they cost? If they're inexpensive and good quality, it might be worth the trip. Plus, it would give me an excuse to have a swedish meatball lunch.
                  Sure, but it'll be awhile. My closest Ikea is 2 hours away, too. E Daycare lives right by one though IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by DCMom View Post
                    I use the Pom brand from Sam's Club for the daycare; I teach the kids to count squares. For most trips, the # of square per year of age as a general rule. It helps give them a visual of how much they should use. They aren't limited to that of course, but it helps them stay focused when they are yanking the tp roll, .

For paper towels, I recently put up a commercial dispenser from Sam's Club. I have 14 kids everyday in the summer, so paper makes my life easier! So far I like it. I will probably go back to the cheap Walmart washclothes when school starts again; I really do like that method for the preschoolers and they love to fold them!
                    Counting squares... Another great idea and a good way to teach something in the process.

Comment

Sure, but it'll be awhile. My closest Ikea is 2 hours away, too. E Daycare lives right by one though IIRC.
                      She's lucky. It stinks to live in the sticks.

Comment

CheekyChick,

I was talking to a friend today and she said her regs. for where you live said she couldn't use washcloths or anything like that. It had to be papertowels. You might want to double check because I know in Oregon you have the 3 types of childcare and all the rules are different for each one.
                        Each day is a fresh start
                        Never look back on regrets
                        Live life to the fullest
                        We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

Originally posted by Country Kids View Post
                          CheekyChick,

I was talking to a friend today and she said her regs. for where you live said she couldn't use washcloths or anything like that. It had to be papertowels. You might want to double check because I know in Oregon you have the 3 types of childcare and all the rules are different for each one.
                          Hmm... I just looked through my book and it says nothing about paper towels versus wash clothes. I remember reading somewhere that washclothes could only be used once. I'll have to investigate this a little further. Thanks.

Comment

She's lucky. It stinks to live in the sticks.
                            My metropolis just isn't cool enough for an Ikea. Apparently being the capital of the state isn't good enough.

drama
                            Last edited by Michael; 07-20-2011, 04:51 PM.

Comment

My metropolis just isn't cool enough for an Ikea. Apparently being the capital of the state isn't good enough.

drama
                              It doesn't make sense that they would put it somewhere (possibly) less populated, unless it was an issue about the cost of real estate in your area. Regardless, that really stinks.

I live in a town of about 50,000 and we don't have a Target, a Walmart, a Costco, a Walgreens, etc. It is so frustrating to have to drive a half hour (or more) to shop. I would do ANYTHING for a Target. Well, almost anything.
                              Last edited by Michael; 07-20-2011, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Thanks. I can't wait to read about what an "unpaper" towel is.
                                Sorry our internet went down and we have had our internet provider out 2xs to fix the issues.

These are unpaper towels you can find them all over etsy or hyena cart. I like the snaping ability around my paper towel holder.

http://hyenacart.com/wildflowerpatch...UnPaper-Towels

Comment

Working...
                                X