No announcement yet.

So Annoyed - Still No Payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad you finally got paid. When I interview I tell them all pay is in advance, so they have to bring all paperwork- contracts, shots, the works, in with payment for 1st week/two week prior to starting, unless its county pay (then copays up front and written confirmation from county that I will be paid) I learned the hard way. I've had people bounce checks and move, people forget continually, or even just get laid off and not be willing to pay notice. Now people pay Friday for the upcoming week (or two week period) and if they forget Friday they have to pay Monday at drop off with the late fee. Sounds like this lady has trouble being organized, so she'll need reminders to update immunization records, BIG NOTES on the door reminding her of upcoming paid holidays etc. Best of luck.

Comment

I know started a monthly newletter of important reminders for activities, etc. then we welcome new daycare friends- then if I have anything that needs to be addressed, I place it in here!!

Comment

Originally posted by Carole's Daycare View Post
        Sounds like this lady has trouble being organized, so she'll need reminders to update immunization records, BIG NOTES on the door reminding her of upcoming paid holidays etc. Best of luck.
        What kills me is everything is so clearly spelled out in the handbook and policies! Just read it!! (before you sign!)

Comment

I know- my policy and contract are very clear. Unfortunately I have found it easier to REMIND families periodically. I use my monthly newsletter to post articles about bottles, the need for nap, potty training, behaviors- in a real newsletter type format with cited sources. Of course our upcoming schedule and themes etc are there too. I put signs on my door to remind people of holidays, pay prior to holidays etc just because then there is no excuse to forget. It may look like this

REMINDER: Per contract payday is the last scheduled day prior
          to a HOLIDAY. Bills are due Wednesday this week as I am closed
          Thanksgiving and the Friday after. LATE FEES WILL BE Charged for
          non-compliance. Thank You and Happy Thanksgiving.
          I laminate them and save them to re-use. I know I shouldn't have to, but Mom's get busy and this way there is no excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by gbcc View Post
            Well, this morning I woke up and checked my email and the mom had made the online payment. She did end up coming with the signed contracts! She said that she thought she had paid it on Friday. I informed her that for now on she could either do the recurring payments or that she could take her chances and pay wkly. I told her if she paid wkly she would not get reminder emails she would get new invoices that include the daily late payment fee. She agreed to do the recurring payments! I feel bad for being a b- about it but she wouldn't like it if she lost a few hours of payment in her check.

Thanks again for listening to me vent!
            There is no reason to feel bad about anything.

You were merely being a smart business person and enforcing and reiterating your written policy about payments and the consequences of them not being made in a timely manner.

Does your bank "feel bad" when they call you up if you're late on a payment or whack you with a late for your late house payment? Nope.

Why should you?

It's business, not personal.
            Spouse of a daycare provider....which I guess makes me one too!

Comment

Very good way of putting it! I am sure this mom's bank doesn't care if the husband is out of town either!

Comment

Very good way of putting it! I am sure this mom's bank doesn't care if the husband is out of town either!
                I get all kinds of excuses in my business....excuses why they don't have the product ready to ship on time, excuses why the reciever doesn't have dock space to unload at the appt time, excuses why brokers are slow in getting payment out, etc etc.

My standard response is "I'm supposed to care why.....................?"

I just add in fees for hourly detention or late pay.
                Spouse of a daycare provider....which I guess makes me one too!

Comment

I heard something years ago that applies to this mom,...

lack of preperation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

Comment

Ugh, here we go again 2 wks later and no payment yet again. She agreed to do the recurring invoice so that I don't have to worry about getting paid. She claims she hasn't had time to get online and do it. She said at drop off that she would either bring cash back or go online and pay it before the kids left for school. It's almost lunch time and no darn payment.

I need the money, but not the aggrivation. I may have to let this family go. I babysit her children not her and I shouldn't have to chase her around for my freakin check. I even called her last night to remind her. That's uncalled for. I wish just once her check would get lost in the mail and she would get the picture.

Comment

Ugh, here we go again 2 wks later and no payment yet again. She agreed to do the recurring invoice so that I don't have to worry about getting paid. She claims she hasn't had time to get online and do it. She said at drop off that she would either bring cash back or go online and pay it before the kids left for school. It's almost lunch time and no darn payment.

I need the money, but not the aggrivation. I may have to let this family go. I babysit her children not her and I shouldn't have to chase her around for my freakin check. I even called her last night to remind her. That's uncalled for. I wish just once her check would get lost in the mail and she would get the picture.
                      What if you changed your payday to be on Mondays at the beginning of the week? I changed my policy about 4 yrs. ago, and it has worked wonderfully!!!
                      Then if not paid on Monday for the upcoming week, there will be late fees.

Comment

Well after last time, she had the choice of recurring invoice where it's automatically taken out of her account and put in mine or the choice to pay Mondays for that wk. She choose automatic payments because she said she didn't want to risk forgetting her check.

I'm also angry because today is our Valentines Party and they are the only family that did not bring something in. I mean come on they are a dollar, with 3 kids that means $3 plus tax. Thats just not fair to the other children but they will make out of it'

Comment

Well after last time, she had the choice of recurring invoice where it's automatically taken out of her account and put in mine or the choice to pay Mondays for that wk. She choose automatic payments because she said she didn't want to risk forgetting her check.

I'm also angry because today is our Valentines Party and they are the only family that did not bring something in. I mean come on they are a dollar, with 3 kids that means $3 plus tax. Thats just not fair to the other children but they will make out of it'
                          If it's automatic why did it just not come out on it's own? Did she not set it up?

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                            If it's automatic why did it just not come out on it's own? Did she not set it up?
                            Right, I have asked her every day since Tuesday to make sure she sets it up. She claims she is just so busy. she has 3 kids, all in different scout troops/dens so they are always busy. They get here at 5:30am. If she can't even log onto the computer after a wk what does she think it is doing to her children that have to go to daycare after being up all night and then going to school?

Comment

Right, I have asked her every day since Tuesday to make sure she sets it up. She claims she is just so busy. she has 3 kids, all in different scout troops/dens so they are always busy. They get here at 5:30am. If she can't even log onto the computer after a wk what does she think it is doing to her children that have to go to daycare after being up all night and then going to school?
                              I think she's full of it. Let her know at pick up that she owes you the late fee if not paid at (what ever time you have it that you close or in your contract that it's due).

Comment

I agree!! If she cannot pay you on Mon. in person- there will be late fees started!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X