So Annoyed - Still No Payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Annoyed - Still No Payment

So, this new family started last Monday. We are not off to a good start. The mom requested to pay for services thru my online payments. I set her up and she was supposed to pay while at work on Friday. I accidently put $10 too much on her invoice so she sent me an email. I fixed it and sent an email back appologizing. No payment. I called her at home and she said she would pay it that evening. No payment. Here it is Sunday and still no payment. I have sent 2 reminder invoices. My policy is $10 per day payment is late. Problem is, instead of me giving her the paperwork she requested I email it so she can print it out and sign it and then keep the email on her account for reference. Ok, no big deal. Except every day Monday thru Friday she did not returnt he paperwork. Her husband was out of town and she could not get to it. So here I am, no payment, no contract which means I can't enforce the late fee either. I will be letting her know tonight that I will not be accepting her children Monday without full payment AND the signed contracts.

I am just so frustrated. Why is it that parents think we don't deserve to be paid on time. All we do for them and their children and no respect in return. I would love to hear them complain that their checks got lost in the mail so they can feel our pain when we don't get paid. I would never think of screwing the person that keeps my children safe, loved and happy when I am unable to be there. This is her first wk here, not a great feeling on this family.

Originally posted by gbcc View Post
    So, this new family started last Monday. We are not off to a good start. The mom requested to pay for services thru my online payments. I set her up and she was supposed to pay while at work on Friday. I accidently put $10 too much on her invoice so she sent me an email. I fixed it and sent an email back appologizing. No payment. I called her at home and she said she would pay it that evening. No payment. Here it is Sunday and still no payment. I have sent 2 reminder invoices. My policy is $10 per day payment is late. Problem is, instead of me giving her the paperwork she requested I email it so she can print it out and sign it and then keep the email on her account for reference. Ok, no big deal. Except every day Monday thru Friday she did not returnt he paperwork. Her husband was out of town and she could not get to it. So here I am, no payment, no contract which means I can't enforce the late fee either. I will be letting her know tonight that I will not be accepting her children Monday without full payment AND the signed contracts.

I am just so frustrated. Why is it that parents think we don't deserve to be paid on time. All we do for them and their children and no respect in return. I would love to hear them complain that their checks got lost in the mail so they can feel our pain when we don't get paid. I would never think of screwing the person that keeps my children safe, loved and happy when I am unable to be there. This is her first wk here, not a great feeling on this family.
    THis is pathetic!! When I paid for daycare, we wouldn't have dreamed of ever not paying for daycare!!!! It was our top priority! These are taking care of our loved and precious one!!!!

Comment

You should definately have your payday on Mondays for the upcoming week!!!! THis would eliminate that!

Comment

How annoying! How did she react when you told her she had to pay prior to bringing the kids & contracts? I'm sorry you have to go through this. I started with a new family this past week also. I was so happy b/c the mom said she wanted to pay me upfront for two weeks rather than just for one. I was glad to be starting off in the right direction. I hope your parent does the same!

Comment

Could you print the contract off for her & make her sign it Monday morning (assuming that she pays you)?

Comment

Iowa Daycare, thank you. Those are my thoughts exactly!! It really says something about how much you respect your provider and what they do.

Janarae - She did not answer the phone when I called so I don't know how she will react. I did leave a message that I needed to speak to her right away regarding her payment and that I expected a call prior to her dropping her children off. 9:30 here and still no call. It would be very rude if she just shows up tomorrow at 6am with no call.

Tymaboy - I offered everyday this wk to give her hard copies I had. She assured me each time that she didn't want me to waste my paper has she would print if off at home. I spoke to her Friday evening and she again assured me that she would bring them Monday. Apparently because her husband is home now she will be able to have the time. At this point I am not even willing to offer her hard copies just to make a point. If she doesn't bring them Monday I will send her home to get them and if she request a hard copy I will tell her I interviewed a family who may be taking her spot because I didn't get paid and I didn't get a chance to print off more copies!

Every excuse was because her husband was out of town. Well no offense but boo hoo! I am a single mom and I don't get so flustered I forget to take care of her kids! Oh well, thanks for listening to me vent. I will update you tomorrow as to what happens!

Comment

I know EXACTLY how you feel!! The family with the difficult boy I watch had me on a chase for my money a couple of times...telling me they would bring it by and "X" time and never showed...meanwhile I'm waiting home for them to show and couldn't run erronds because I was waiting. And one week bounced a check, I was so upset. They did take care of it so I was thankful, but chasing after the money I earn shouldn't happen when I specifically state Friday's are my pay day, and Sunday rolls around and they casually bring it by. At least I got paid, but it's the point...shows no respect and makes me feel under-appreciated for all I do when they know he is a handful.

It is completely rude...I detest parents like this. This is our paycheck, I hope she pays you and doesn't just jet. Had that happen too many years ago.

Comment

So Rude!

It sounds like this mom might be trying to evade capture, so to speak. She knows she owes the money, and I can't believe she hasn't gotten your emails/messages, so what gives?

I'll never understand why people treat their caregivers as if they have all the money in the world to sit around and wait on payment. It's as if the people taking care of their children are the last on the list of priorities.

I think you are right to require it all up front this morning before taking the children again. This might put things back on the right track before they get too far gone.

I'm dying to know if she called/showed up!

Comment

From now on, require the contract and payment UP FRONT before you begin keeping the children. No contract, no payment, no care...period! At this point when she comes to pick them up today, I'd tell her that they are not welcome tomorrow unless she arrives with money/signed contract in hand. Don't take excuses!

Comment

Yikes! I hope that they show and they didn't just swindle you out of a free week of daycare. It is parents like this who ruin it for everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                      Yikes! I hope that they show and they didn't just swindle you out of a free week of daycare. It is parents like this who ruin it for everyone!
                      Yes! I'm wondering what happened this morning.

Comment

Well, this morning I woke up and checked my email and the mom had made the online payment. She did end up coming with the signed contracts! She said that she thought she had paid it on Friday. I informed her that for now on she could either do the recurring payments or that she could take her chances and pay wkly. I told her if she paid wkly she would not get reminder emails she would get new invoices that include the daily late payment fee. She agreed to do the recurring payments! I feel bad for being a b- about it but she wouldn't like it if she lost a few hours of payment in her check.

Thanks again for listening to me vent!

Comment

Well, this morning I woke up and checked my email and the mom had made the online payment. She did end up coming with the signed contracts! She said that she thought she had paid it on Friday. I informed her that for now on she could either do the recurring payments or that she could take her chances and pay wkly. I told her if she paid wkly she would not get reminder emails she would get new invoices that include the daily late payment fee. She agreed to do the recurring payments! I feel bad for being a b- about it but she wouldn't like it if she lost a few hours of payment in her check.

Thanks again for listening to me vent!
                          Glad you got paid finally. I'd love to know what program on use for online payments.

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                            Glad you got paid finally. I'd love to know what program on use for online payments.
                            I use minute menu. I love it! You can invoice them so they have to log on and pay you or you can set up recurring invoices where every Friday at noon they automatically take the payment out of the parents account.

Comment

THank GOD you received payment!!! You always worry about payment, when you hear of something like this, been there, done that!!!!!
                              Have a great week!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X