Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rude To Feed Own Kids Dinner While Other Kids Are Present?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jojosmommy View Post
    I agree. I could feed my kids both individual and daycare and 10 min later they would be begging for food if it was appealing enough. My husband and I have personally worked very hard to teach our own son that just because someone else is eating/drinking something doesn't mean you are ENTITLED to some of it. I think its rude when kids act like scavengars b/c nobody bothered to teach them that just b/c you see it doesn't mean you have to eat it.

Either way I am not budging on this. This family KNOWS my evening schedule and knows the days I walk out the door with them to go to ball or swimming etc. They also know its easier for me to feed their kids and clean up after them then having to do it on their own. If a child ever came to me and was complaining of being hungry prior to any food being prepped, served etc then I would feed them but eating simply b/c others are eating is not ok with me.
    I completely agree with you. My children don't beg others for food, but I have dck's who do. This same girl started saying to me in the morning that she didn't have breakfast. She gets dropped off at 8am and I serve school agers at 730am. So I gave in one day when she told me that she had a fruit roll up, but then the next day and the next day it was the same thing. So I started asking the dad and he says that he gives her breakfast at home but she doesn't want to eat it but rather at my house. Um heck NO, not my problem you serve crap for breakfast, but I'm not serving her breakfast either. I know that as providers no child is starving so thats not the issue, the issue is "where do we draw the line between our families and their families"

Comment

I serve meals after my closing hours. Everyone should be gone when I close so it's not a problem. When my children were young, babies got fed on demand. And if my own children had to be somewhere before I closed and had to be fed first then they ate. I would put them in the kitchen away from the other children so the DC kids were not upset by it.
      Parents who arrive late would be told, and reminded that our dinner hour is such and such and by being late they are delaying our own meals and activities. (We have a life too)

Comment

Thanks for the helpful information

Thanks for the helpful information

Comment

Working...
        X