Nannyde - The Daycare Whisperer - Has a Blog on Daycare.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nannyde - The Daycare Whisperer - Has a Blog on Daycare.com

Nannyde has been a member on this forum for a quite a while - I think I even banned her once - but she has had a lot to say and many of you had mentioned that she should start her own blog. Well, I decided to give her a home here at Daycare.com so she can further explore and share her experiences with you at her very own Daycare.com address: www.daycare.com/nannyde

Give it a look over and give us your suggestions and ideas. I hope she will find a much greater audience with Daycare.com at the helm.

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Nannyde has been a member on this forum for a quite a while - I think I even banned her once - but she has had a lot to say and many of you had mentioned that she should start her own blog. Well, I decided to give her a home here at Daycare.com so she can further explore and share her experiences with you at her very own Daycare.com address: www.daycare.com/nannyde

Give it a look over and give us your suggestions and ideas. I hope she will find a much greater audience with Daycare.com at the helm.
    I think I even banned her once
    :: :: :: ::
    http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

I love it!!!!
      - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

great site!

Nannyde, let me know if and when you decide to publish a book!! . I guarantee it's much better than my Nanny 911 book.

Comment

Originally posted by dEHmom View Post
          great site!

Nannyde, let me know if and when you decide to publish a book!! . I guarantee it's much better than my Nanny 911 book.
          Thank you very much.

I guess it's time to start writing the techniques down so you guys have a one stop shop.

I'm very happy to have this new venture and I hope I can make it happen. So far Michael has been uber patient and he knows his stuff. I'm not so easy to "live" with so that is going to take some skill.

::

You know what's funny about the Nanny shows is that they never really go back and do an update to see how the techniques are working. Methinks it's because they don't.

Comment

, very true nanny...I have the book, I never read the book.

Comment

Very nice Nannyde! Looking forward to some good reading.

Comment

I look forward to reading your blog. I was watching Super Nanny last night and wishing they would show how they've been on these folks. I know they did it ONCE probably years ago, but they visited over a year after the show was in their home so who knows. I do agree to her 1 minute per year of age technique though.

Comment

Originally posted by Abigail View Post
                  I look forward to reading your blog. I was watching Super Nanny last night and wishing they would show how they've been on these folks. I know they did it ONCE probably years ago, but they visited over a year after the show was in their home so who knows. I do agree to her 1 minute per year of age technique though.
                  On Supernanny, I saw one reunion show but they were just short clips. What I want to see is the filming of the kids just like they film them for the show BEFORE they get there.

They can't get it on tape because it doesn't work.

My deal with Supernanny is a LOT of her technique is about the adults playing with the kids. When you break her show down the way they get tape of the kids being good (after doing her technique) is to video the kids being played with by the adults.

I don't agree with the minute thing. I wish I could figure out who made that up.

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                    On Supernanny, I saw one reunion show but they were just short clips. What I want to see is the filming of the kids just like they film them for the show BEFORE they get there.

They can't get it on tape because it doesn't work.

My deal with Supernanny is a LOT of her technique is about the adults playing with the kids. When you break her show down the way they get tape of the kids being good (after doing her technique) is to video the kids being played with by the adults.

I don't agree with the minute thing. I wish I could figure out who made that up.

" Jo Frost recommends one minute per year of age.[4]"
                    Last edited by DCMomOf3; 03-09-2011, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DCMomOf3 View Post
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time-out_(parenting)
                      " Jo Frost recommends one minute per year of age.[4]"
                      The minute per year is my problem with it. It doesn't even make sense developmentally. It's not enough time to settle down.

It's just an easy button that people can understand. I don't see where it correlates with development based on years of life.
                      Last edited by DCMomOf3; 03-09-2011, 12:57 PM. Reason: fixed link

Comment

I totally agree with you Nan.

Comment

It gives Mom one minute per year of age to calm down and think of a better plan to deal with the issue at my house....
                          - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherder View Post
                            It gives Mom one minute per year of age to calm down and think of a better plan to deal with the issue at my house....
                            ::::::::

That's hysterical.

I don't even KNOW if my dc kids go on time out at home. I don't ever talk to them about that.

They are angels with me so what happens at home stays at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                              Nannyde has been a member on this forum for a quite a while - I think I even banned her once - .
                              I remember ::

Comment

Working...
                              X