Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
    Thank you!

Yes DCM got tested immediately after her DH's results came back as positive. She is a nurse practioner so I am hoping/praying she continues to take the precautions she knows. I am concerned about whether or not she is planning to have the kids tested or not. If not, I worry they could potentially become infected while they are all in quarantine and then return to care after the 14 days and give it to others.

I am debating on "requiring" a test before readmittance. Not sure how effective or helpful that is/isn't. I am just more anxious about this now that it seems to be getting awfully close to my own family.

The DCK sibling I previously mentioned that got sent home from school with a high temp was tested and found not to have it so that was good!

Thank you for the prayers... my DH is freaking out so they are definitely needed. lovethis
    Just seeing this. Stay safe!!! It's all so scary indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by springvalley112 View Post
      If I were a parent and I found out that a provider had someone in their household test positive for covid and my child had been around them, I wouldn't be happy either!!! Why did she not quartine when he was waiting for test results?????
      Because that wasn't our policy. Now it is. :-).

Comment

DCM who is a teacher called me today to say a student in her class tested positive and she was on her way to pick up her son to go get tested. She and son have no symptoms but we know that means nothing. I immediately called DOH to find out if to inform DCPs, close while we wait for results, etc. Well, DOH took my information to 'submit my inquiry' and said someone would call me back to advise...huh :confused:? I told them I needed to know now which got me nowhere. So I wait. The emotional roller coaster is destabilizing. Sighhhh...

Comment

Originally posted by dolores View Post
          DCM who is a teacher called me today to say a student in her class tested positive and she was on her way to pick up her son to go get tested. She and son have no symptoms but we know that means nothing. I immediately called DOH to find out if to inform DCPs, close while we wait for results, etc. Well, DOH took my information to 'submit my inquiry' and said someone would call me back to advise...huh :confused:? I told them I needed to know now which got me nowhere. So I wait. The emotional roller coaster is destabilizing. Sighhhh...
          I'm sorry you're going through this. Hopefully you were able to get a reply from the DOH by now. Did DCM get her results back yet?

Comment

I wish, as a business, those affected (kids or staff) could be tested and move on with the business if the test is negative rather than a mandated 14-24 day shutdown due to close contact depending on the situation.

The testing might close our business 1-4 days max, but at least that is tolerable....then the covid-positive child or staff could stay home 10-14 days depending on the situation.

I am in hopes this happens soon and I'm "feeling" it will which will loosen up some "hardships" placed on business especially daycares/schools.

Plus, I feel there is no conclusive way to determine the spread as it can be sporadic at times.

Also, I'm tired of living in fear of losing my livelihood....not afraid of dying (don't wanna get it) but am not afraid of dying and it has no relation to me not having faith as I would not stand in the road and expect a car not to hit me....but I will continue to mask as needed and other measures to fight germs.

Just my thoughts as I watched some politics today and I feel it is coming to what I'm hoping for.

So tired of worrying about someone in my own family or a daycare kid getting covid and me having to shut down.

I'm rambling with my feelings/thoughts tonight but needed to get it out.

Comment

Every week I see a few home daycares or centers having to close due to covid . Whether it's an infected parent , child or provider.
              Once a daycare is shut down for the 2 weeks (or a negative test) most parents are scrambling to find other care and not quarantining as required.
              Providers have asked for the state to keep a list so we can see what daycares are affected and be able to make informed decisions about accepting new children into care . We were told no .
              Providers are now letting other providers know of positive cases as they are being temporarily shut down so they don't accept children who should not be in care .

Comment

How are you holding up? Were you able to find out any info from the DOH in regards to what your next steps should be?

It's so unsettling the way this whole thing is playing out.

I am sooooo nervous about my DCK's returning. The DCM is kind of frustrated with the length of the required quarantine/isolation but thankfully my state's DOH and my licensor made communication with parents in regards to protocols something the parents can't really get mad at us for.

The info they've provided has made it clear that it's not up to providers how long the kids are excluded so parents can't really try and negotiate with us. I don't have issues with that but I imagine it's a load off for providers that do struggle with parent confrontation.

Technically my DCM and DCD are out of quarantine Sunday (10/11) but now since they were both positive and they had close contact with their kids, the kids start their 14 day quarantine the day after the parent's quarantine ends.

I struggled with feeling bad the parents had to continue paying for care for so long (28 days total) for this but I've since come to realize that while it does seem long, it is for everyone's sake AND I wasn't the one that made the decision to travel out of state for a large "close" gathering.... soooo.

I just hope and pray everyone is able to get past all this and we can get back to living life. I know it won't be the old normal but I'd like some type of consistency and routine that is more comforting that what we all have happening now.

:hug: to all of you dealing with this in one way or another! :hug:

Comment

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
                  I wish, as a business, those affected (kids or staff) could be tested and move on with the business if the test is negative rather than a mandated 14-24 day shutdown due to close contact depending on the situation.

The testing might close our business 1-4 days max, but at least that is tolerable....then the covid-positive child or staff could stay home 10-14 days depending on the situation.

I am in hopes this happens soon and I'm "feeling" it will which will loosen up some "hardships" placed on business especially daycares/schools.

Plus, I feel there is no conclusive way to determine the spread as it can be sporadic at times.

Also, I'm tired of living in fear of losing my livelihood....not afraid of dying (don't wanna get it) but am not afraid of dying and it has no relation to me not having faith as I would not stand in the road and expect a car not to hit me....but I will continue to mask as needed and other measures to fight germs.

Just my thoughts as I watched some politics today and I feel it is coming to what I'm hoping for.

So tired of worrying about someone in my own family or a daycare kid getting covid and me having to shut down.

I'm rambling with my feelings/thoughts tonight but needed to get it out.
                  I totally hear what your are saying!

I am not scared of dying or any of that... I am scared for the mental health of my family and myself.
                  I am worried about some idiot not caring and passing it to my DH. Or some parent sending their kid not caring about others causing me to have to close etc...

I feel like we (general we as providers) are trying to do the best we can and yet so many parents still only care about themselves and if they'll continue having care.

I have a family that is concerned their child might get it since the parents in one of my DC families has it yet the worried parent has no issues traveling outside our community or enrolling their child in every extra curricular activity available right now. They want to point the finger to others but take zero responsibility themselves.

You know...normal selfish parent behaviors...guess even COVID isn't enough to make them step back and ask what they can do to be part of the solution instead part of the blame train.

Catastrophes, pandemics etc... these are times in which people should come together and work together for the betterment of ALL people but the same entitled selfish behavior is so evident in so many that it's sad....

....and like always, those that care and are concerned get the short end of it all.

So I hear your rambling thoughts Annalee and am right there with you!!! :hug: lovethis :hug:

Comment

I totally hear what your are saying!

I am not scared of dying or any of that... I am scared for the mental health of my family and myself.
                    I am worried about some idiot not caring and passing it to my DH. Or some parent sending their kid not caring about others causing me to have to close etc...

I feel like we (general we as providers) are trying to do the best we can and yet so many parents still only care about themselves and if they'll continue having care.

I have a family that is concerned their child might get it since the parents in one of my DC families has it yet the worried parent has no issues traveling outside our community or enrolling their child in every extra curricular activity available right now. They want to point the finger to others but take zero responsibility themselves.

You know...normal selfish parent behaviors...guess even COVID isn't enough to make them step back and ask what they can do to be part of the solution instead part of the blame train.

Catastrophes, pandemics etc... these are times in which people should come together and work together for the betterment of ALL people but the same entitled selfish behavior is so evident in so many that it's sad....

....and like always, those that care and are concerned get the short end of it all.

So I hear your rambling thoughts Annalee and am right there with you!!! :hug: lovethis :hug:
                    :hug:lovethis

Comment

Originally posted by e.j. View Post
                      I'm sorry you're going through this. Hopefully you were able to get a reply from the DOH by now. Did DCM get her results back yet?
                      Nope. DOH has not returned my call yet .
                      DCM and family tested negative with nose swab and are awaiting results from 'standard tests'. She was told she can return to the classroom on 10/16 which is 14 days since she last had contact with positive student so DCB will return to me then.

Comment

Nope. DOH has not returned my call yet .
                        DCM and family tested negative with nose swab and are awaiting results from 'standard tests'. She was told she can return to the classroom on 10/16 which is 14 days since she last had contact with positive student so DCB will return to me then.
                        That's so frustrating! The nurse covering my town didn't get back to me until after the last day of quarantine (14 days later) and then told me I only had to close for 5 days - not the full 14. Thank goodness the child who tested positive lives in the next town. That town's BOH nurse handled everything and was so helpful answering the questions I couldn't get answered by my own town's BOH.

I hope the fact DCM tested negative helps put your mind at ease at least as much as possible.:hug:

Comment

How are you holding up? Were you able to find out any info from the DOH in regards to what your next steps should be?

It's so unsettling the way this whole thing is playing out.

I am sooooo nervous about my DCK's returning. The DCM is kind of frustrated with the length of the required quarantine/isolation but thankfully my state's DOH and my licensor made communication with parents in regards to protocols something the parents can't really get mad at us for.

The info they've provided has made it clear that it's not up to providers how long the kids are excluded so parents can't really try and negotiate with us. I don't have issues with that but I imagine it's a load off for providers that do struggle with parent confrontation.

Technically my DCM and DCD are out of quarantine Sunday (10/11) but now since they were both positive and they had close contact with their kids, the kids start their 14 day quarantine the day after the parent's quarantine ends.

I struggled with feeling bad the parents had to continue paying for care for so long (28 days total) for this but I've since come to realize that while it does seem long, it is for everyone's sake AND I wasn't the one that made the decision to travel out of state for a large "close" gathering.... soooo.

I just hope and pray everyone is able to get past all this and we can get back to living life. I know it won't be the old normal but I'd like some type of consistency and routine that is more comforting that what we all have happening now.

:hug: to all of you dealing with this in one way or another! :hug:
                          Thanks for asking, and I read your story...oooph :hug:! At least your licensor and DOH got involved which makes a huge difference as it removes the onus from you to interpret and communicate their policies to families as well as get instructions on what to do with your business.

No such luck for me. DOH, 3 days later, has not called me back. Their non-responsiveness is sooooo frustrating!

I'm not a wreck as I was when I got DCM's first call, as it looks to be working out. DCM and family got nose swab which was negative.They are waiting on results from the standard test. Entire family is quarantining for 14 days.

Meanwhile, schools and nonessential businesses are being shut down in zip codes around me because people are not following guidelines. And we were doing so good...

Comment

Originally posted by e.j. View Post
                            That's so frustrating! The nurse covering my town didn't get back to me until after the last day of quarantine (14 days later) and then told me I only had to close for 5 days - not the full 14. Thank goodness the child who tested positive lives in the next town. That town's BOH nurse handled everything and was so helpful answering the questions I couldn't get answered by my own town's BOH.

I hope the fact DCM tested negative helps put your mind at ease at least as much as possible.:hug:
                            To hear that your nurse got back after your quarantine underscores how poorly things are being handled.

We remain vulnerable even if precautions are being taken. And the lack of timely response from authorities when you need them sucks!

Stay safe everyone :hug:

Comment

Working...
                            X