Take Your STARS and Shove 'Em, I'm Not Playing Anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racemom View Post
    I went to a two day training program to introduce it. Took info and books back to my boss. She asked how it was I told her overwhelming, and I gave her some examples of what we need to change/add. She looked through the info I brought back and said until they make it mandatory we don't need it. As long as the children and teachers are happy and enjoy coming, why add stress! Yes, I have a great boss!
    Smart.

It is simply too much. It almost ignores the value of actual hands-on care, altogether. We know the pyramid. Spending 50 hours a week in non-parental care, with a group, does not even meet the base level needs for our youngest learners. What would Magda say?

These kids need more time with basic care, love, and gentle guidance. We need to get out of the way of their play. Turning them into little science experiments, control groups and stats simply isn't what they need.
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
      Smart.

It is simply too much. It almost ignores the value of actual hands-on care, altogether. We know the pyramid. Spending 50 hours a week in non-parental care, with a group, does not even meet the base level needs for our youngest learners. What would Magda say?

These kids need more time with basic care, love, and gentle guidance. We need to get out of the way of their play. Turning them into little science experiments, control groups and stats simply isn't what they need.
      I can't agree more!

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
        Yes, it does. And we all know burnout, unresolved, can lead to child abuse. This isn't rocket science or even new information. I won't miss any of it. I am looking forward to having fun, again. I still have to do "pre-school" because the state requires it, now, but I can do that 100% play based if I so choose.

Thanks1
        EXACTLY, and you would think the people in charge of these programs would understand the direct correlation.....

Comment

Working...
        X