Take Your STARS and Shove 'Em, I'm Not Playing Anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take Your STARS and Shove 'Em, I'm Not Playing Anymore

I played the game at almost OCD levels. What I found was backdoor politics, mismanagement, incompetence and no accountability. :dislike:

I am done. I am free. My program is now my own again and it feels wonderful. lovethis I feel like I am coming out from under a lead blanket. happyface They can keep playing in their sandbox with the cats.

What has been your experience with participating in QRIS systems?
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

I've been lucky in that licensed is considered a quality level/ circle/ whatever they call the thing IL does. So I just do my own thing and don't bother.

I have told my license rep the day they make some of the QRIS stuff I've seen on here mandatory I'm folding my license into a paper airplane and throwing in through their office door with 2 words written on it.

Comment

Towards the end of my dc days. I took the last year off from the STARS program. While I did miss the $$ incentives it was so not worth the extra aggravation, time, and investment of effort I had to put into it to remain a measly 3 stars. Parents, I found, didn't really care anyways. They either automatically chose the 5 STAR centers(which I've heard are like zoos), looked for their best bottom dollar bet or went through word of mouth.
      Personally, I think their expectations are way above and beyond what is common sense. Plus I also believe a lot of their visits consisted of mostly their opinions. I also believe the states place too much money and power into these programs that haven't really been proven all that valuable. I don't believe for a second, that all that extra paperwork, investment and effort makes for quality childcare. But then again, that's just my thought.

May I ask if there was any one thing that caused you to tell them bye-bye? Or more like a cumulative effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
        May I ask if there was any one thing that caused you to tell them bye-bye? Or more like a cumulative effect.
        Cumulative. Since 2011 when I decided to give them a fair shake.

I also saw several provider's programs who were given top stars who should not have even passed basic inspection. It is all about your income tier level, subsidy status and politics, now. It did not start with that intention, at least I hope not.

They have even begun using the word Quality in italics, now. Not even the inspectors believe in it anymore as they are forced to overlook health and safety issues. It seems to have become another Robinhood program of advertising.
        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
          I played the game at almost OCD levels. What I found was backdoor politics, mismanagement, incompetence and no accountability. :dislike:

I am done. I am free. My program is now my own again and it feels wonderful. lovethis I feel like I am coming out from under a lead blanket. happyface They can keep playing in their sandbox with the cats.

What has been your experience with participating in QRIS systems?
          I'm anxious to see how QRIS plays catch up as there have been no assessments since March 1 and no licensing visits either. I can't see them having time to go back and complete what has been missed. So I wonder if they will waive a 12 month period so all get a waiver. ??

It would be nice if covid 19 brought about change showing that we all survived without it. Also, we have many open unlicensed facilities plus over-ratio already licensed faclities now with slight to no regulations and the worry is how will they transition overloaded programs back into licensing ratio rules.??

So the next few months will be interesting!

I think everyone on this forum knows how I feel about QRIS???::

Comment

Cumulative. Since 2011 when I decided to give them a fair shake.

I also saw several provider's programs who were given top stars who should not have even passed basic inspection. It is all about your income tier level, subsidy status and politics, now. It did not start with that intention, at least I hope not.

They have even begun using the word Quality in italics, now. Not even the inspectors believe in it anymore as they are forced to overlook health and safety issues. It seems to have become another Robinhood program of advertising.
            QRIS is a game and each provider (oops educator as my state calls us now: decides how far they want to play! And it's a one and done deal, no take-backs and defines you for a year! No logic in that as each day brings something new for providers (oops educators: :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
              I'm anxious to see how QRIS plays catch up as there have been no assessments since March 1 and no licensing visits either. I can't see them having time to go back and complete what has been missed. So I wonder if they will waive a 12 month period so all get a waiver. ??
              Our licensing sent out a notice saying we will have to upload all of our client's enrollment forms, immunization forms, attendance records along with all of our training records for the last two years, CPR and background checks. They also tossed out making us participate in virtual tours allowing who knows to view/record our private homes.

Comment

Our licensing sent out a notice saying we will have to upload all of our client's enrollment forms, immunization forms, attendance records along with all of our training records for the last two years, CPR and background checks. They also tossed out making us participate in virtual tours allowing who knows to view/record our private homes.
                We get 4-6 visits a year depending on our stars and an assessment plus two health dept vists and a fire visit and four food program vists all annually but I have had no visits since 2/12/20. So???? I am having a zoom meeting weekly and am beginning my trainings online to get my hours???? No way for them to catch up so I hope they see that amount of visits annually is "overkill". :confused:

Comment

happyfacehappyfacehappyface

Congratulations. I bet that must feel freeing.

I've never participated. I went to a couple trainings of theirs and walked out of one. The trainer was giving misinformation about regulations. Dangerously wrong misinformation!
                  The parents around here don't care about stars unless they are required to enroll in an approved program for assistance.

Comment

There is a program going here now where essential workers get free daycare and your pay is based on your stars so one good perk after 20 years of QRIS for me.

Comment

Ahhhhhh....my inspector said once we put an “open for business” sign up and start asking for money, it’s no longer our private home, at least during business hours and concerning regulations. We “only” have to follow the licensing rules, but if any of those rules are contrary to anything we personally would do, too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by PB&J View Post
                        Ahhhhhh....my inspector said once we put an “open for business” sign up and start asking for money, it’s no longer our private home, at least during business hours and concerning regulations. We “only” have to follow the licensing rules, but if any of those rules are contrary to anything we personally would do, too bad.
                        She sounds just lovely.

Luckily they rarely last more than two years before they wash out.

Comment

Im staying far, far away.

Comment

She sounds just lovely.

Luckily they rarely last more than two years before they wash out.
                            yes; but what I like is when someone new is hired at the top of the chain and we have these meetings how providers are going to be heard and changes are coming. Then they are gone in two years and we start over. I wanna get a banner that says "with all due respect, we've heard it all before" and bypass this part ::

Comment

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
                              yes; but what I like is when someone new is hired at the top of the chain and we have these meetings how providers are going to be heard and changes are coming. Then they are gone in two years and we start over. I wanna get a banner that says "with all due respect, we've heard it all before" and bypass this part ::
                              :::::: I double-dog dare you.

So. Many. Times. Before.

Comment

Working...
                              X