No announcement yet.

How to Ask for Payment!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that we must continue to be paid even if their kids are not attending, BUT what happens if I, or someone in my family, gets sick and I can't provide care? That is at least two weeks of closure. I don't have that kind of paid leave time in my contract. I guess that could be a reality at any time not just in this current situation, but I just haven't really considered it.:confused:

Comment

Almost all of my families are teachers. I just typed up a letter and saved it as a PDF and sent it via text to all families. I had some asking as soon as school was called if they could bring their kids. (He’s an ISS para so I can’t imagine what he’d be doing, except he doesn’t want to be home with his 3 rambunctious kids)

Anyways, in the letter it said I’m not closed but I have concerns taking kids. I expressed all of my concerns and mentioned I know it’s not easy working with kids at home. But I asked three questions of them before they decide to send their children. Is it essential? Is it worth the risk? And are you able to work from home with your child at home?

And then I offered what I hope will make them choose to keep their kids home. I said if they keep their kids home I’ll offer them a 50% discount on tuition. Because I watch teacher kids it’s in the handbook they pay me full rate from the first day of school until the last. I also reminded them that none of us chose this, and none of us are enjoying it. Myself and my assistant still have bills and expenses to be taken care of.

You need to just tell them what you want or need, and try to get them to empathize with your situation. I would say anyone that chooses not to and does not care about you as a person. It’s time to drop them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariana View Post
        Dear daycare families,
        I know that the topic of payment has come up for some of you and in this confusing time I wanted to clear up any misinformation. Tuition for your space is due at the usual time for the usual amount. This ensures that I can pay my bills and can continue to provide care for your child when we all go back to work in a few weeks. I appreciate your understanding during this trying time and can’t wait to see you soon. I hope you are all staying healthy! Blah blah blah
        Thank you! Are you charging 50%?

Comment

Originally posted by Lil_Diddle View Post
          Almost all of my families are teachers. I just typed up a letter and saved it as a PDF and sent it via text to all families. I had some asking as soon as school was called if they could bring their kids. (He’s an ISS para so I can’t imagine what he’d be doing, except he doesn’t want to be home with his 3 rambunctious kids)

Anyways, in the letter it said I’m not closed but I have concerns taking kids. I expressed all of my concerns and mentioned I know it’s not easy working with kids at home. But I asked three questions of them before they decide to send their children. Is it essential? Is it worth the risk? And are you able to work from home with your child at home?

And then I offered what I hope will make them choose to keep their kids home. I said if they keep their kids home I’ll offer them a 50% discount on tuition. Because I watch teacher kids it’s in the handbook they pay me full rate from the first day of school until the last. I also reminded them that none of us chose this, and none of us are enjoying it. Myself and my assistant still have bills and expenses to be taken care of.

You need to just tell them what you want or need, and try to get them to empathize with your situation. I would say anyone that chooses not to and does not care about you as a person. It’s time to drop them.
          This is great! Would you care to share your letter?

Comment

Originally posted by delferka View Post
            Thank you! Are you charging 50%?
            I am not charging but I can afford it. Government is also stepping in with a relief fund for self employed people who have had to close. I am Canadian. Hopefully Trump follows suit.

Comment

Working...
            X