How to Ask for Payment!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Ask for Payment!

Most parents of the kids that I take care of, work in the school system and are getting paid to sit home with their kids. Meanwhile, I'm not getting paid! This is the first week so not sure if some will pay at the end of the week, but just in case, I think I need to write to them. I can't go 3,4,5 weeks without getting paid! Do they think I'll be there with open arms and a smile on my face when this is over?

Any ideas on what to write to them? :confused:

Set the expectation NOW.

How do you normally communicate with your families?
    Individually? As a group email? Website/Facebook group?

Comment

Usually through email/text

I'm not sure how to phrase it without sounding mean. I just want them to realize the situation

Comment

My families pay on Monday for the entire week.
        As soon as they closed the schools I sent out a reminder that as long as I'm open, tuition is due every Monday, as usual.
        So far I've had no problem.

I don't know your policies, but I suggest you make the necessary changes (drastic changes are expected right now), reach out to your family NOW and let them know.

Remember YOU are in charge.

Comment

Any ideas as to how to phrase it?

Comment

Originally posted by delferka View Post
            Usually through email/text

I'm not sure how to phrase it without sounding mean. I just want them to realize the situation
            I learned the hard way that in this business, if you don't demand respect and take charge, you will never be in control.
            So "if you want to see a difference" put feelings aside and take charge:hug:

Comment

Just email them an invoice and give them your paypal account info with a due date.

Going forward, I'd recommend getting a kidkare account to auto-invoice them. It takes away almost all discussion of payment.
              - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

"Short and to the point"!... has worked for me way better than lengthy explanatory, apologetic texts
                CH and BC are good at that!

Comment

Originally posted by Gemma View Post
                  I learned the hard way that in this business, if you don't demand respect and take charge, you will never be in control.
                  So "if you want to see a difference" put feelings aside and take charge:hug:
                  My daughter had a cold on Monday so I closed for a couple of days. She's better now. I jus sent them a message an tole them that we're all healthy and everything has been cleaned a sanitized and I'm good to go. Not sure what the response will be

Comment

I think they might think it's unsafe to send their kids to daycare during this time as well

Comment

Originally posted by Gemma View Post
                      "Short and to the point"!... has worked for me way better than lengthy explanatory, apologetic texts
                      CH and BC are good at that!
                      Any ideas how to say it? I mean what would you say?

Comment

Originally posted by delferka View Post
                        Any ideas how to say it? I mean what would you say?
                        What does your contact say about payment? Do you charge when you are closed? Do you have any wording about tuition being due regardless of attendance?

That would help.
                        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

I also have several families who work for the school district. At this point, they are expected to report to work next week to figure out a plan for kids to do distance learning. After next week they tell me they will be working from home. I am not sure what this means exactly. These parents are a elementary teacher, a social worker, an art teacher and choir teacher in a middle school. I am curious to see how they all can teach these things from home and what that would entail?! In your area, are kids distance learning? If so, what does that look like for these teachers?
                          I have let all my families know that I will continue to update my policies as I feel needed throughout this pandemic as things are ever changing. I also can not go weeks on end without pay from multiple families.
                          I think it needs to be made clear to all parents, that even if they are able to work from home and choose to keep their children home with them, that we still need to be paid to continue running our businesses. Just like them, we still need to pay our bills. If they expect to be able to keep there spot when this pandemic is over, they should be expected to continue paying us. If not, they risk loosing their spot. I also feel that if our daycare families are not being financially affected by this pandemic (they are still getting paid), their is no reason they cannot continue to pay us.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
                            What does your contact say about payment? Do you charge when you are closed? Do you have any wording about tuition being due regardless of attendance?

That would help.
                            It says that I don't charge if I'm closed or if either of us are on vacation. Otherwise full payment is due

Comment

Originally posted by maelb05 View Post
                              I also have several families who work for the school district. At this point, they are expected to report to work next week to figure out a plan for kids to do distance learning. After next week they tell me they will be working from home. I am not sure what this means exactly. These parents are a elementary teacher, a social worker, an art teacher and choir teacher in a middle school. I am curious to see how they all can teach these things from home and what that would entail?! In your area, are kids distance learning? If so, what does that look like for these teachers?
                              I have let all my families know that I will continue to update my policies as I feel needed throughout this pandemic as things are ever changing. I also can not go weeks on end without pay from multiple families.
                              I think it needs to be made clear to all parents, that even if they are able to work from home and choose to keep their children home with them, that we still need to be paid to continue running our businesses. Just like them, we still need to pay our bills. If they expect to be able to keep there spot when this pandemic is over, they should be expected to continue paying us. If not, they risk loosing their spot. I also feel that if our daycare families are not being financially affected by this pandemic (they are still getting paid), their is no reason they cannot continue to pay us.
                              I agree 100%!!! I'm waiting until the end of this week (when payment is due.) If it doesn't come in, that's when I have to nicely say something. They have to understand!!!
                              All schools are closed here and they are getting full pay. My daughter is a teacher as well. I know they are doing some on-line learning

Comment

Working...
                              X