How to Ask for Payment!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by delferka View Post
    It says that I don't charge if I'm closed or if either of us are on vacation. Otherwise full payment is due
    And you are open? Right? Nobody gave you a 30 day notice for vacation? So tuition in full is still due.

"Good morning! Just a quick reminder: Tuition is due by ___, today. Thanks!" (or whenever your tuition is due)

Treat it like any other day or any other late payer. Their choice to stay home does not change your tuition due.
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by maelb05 View Post
      I also have several families who work for the school district. At this point, they are expected to report to work next week to figure out a plan for kids to do distance learning. After next week they tell me they will be working from home. I am not sure what this means exactly. These parents are a elementary teacher, a social worker, an art teacher and choir teacher in a middle school. I am curious to see how they all can teach these things from home and what that would entail?! In your area, are kids distance learning? If so, what does that look like for these teachers?
      I have let all my families know that I will continue to update my policies as I feel needed throughout this pandemic as things are ever changing. I also can not go weeks on end without pay from multiple families.
      I think it needs to be made clear to all parents, that even if they are able to work from home and choose to keep their children home with them, that we still need to be paid to continue running our businesses. Just like them, we still need to pay our bills. If they expect to be able to keep there spot when this pandemic is over, they should be expected to continue paying us. If not, they risk loosing their spot. I also feel that if our daycare families are not being financially affected by this pandemic (they are still getting paid), their is no reason they cannot continue to pay us.
      I have a gym teacher, history teacher, school nurse, retail manager and a banker. All home with pay

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
        And you are open? Right? Nobody gave you a 30 day notice for vacation? So tuition in full is still due.

"Good morning! Just a quick reminder: Tuition is due by ___, today. Thanks!" (or whenever your tuition is due)

Treat it like any other day or any other late payer. Their choice to stay home does not change your tuition due.

Thank you! Yes, I'm open. I think they are going to ask why! That's when I need a nice note explaining. I do have a good relationship with them. I just want to say it to make them understand where I'm coming from

Comment

Thank you! Yes, I'm open. I think they are going to ask why! That's when I need a nice note explaining. I do have a good relationship with them. I just want to say it to make them understand where I'm coming from
          "Just like you, I must have a steady income to continue to provide quality services and meet my financial responsibilities."

That is straight from my contract on payment.
          - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

"Just like you, I must have a steady income to continue to provide quality services and meet my financial responsibilities."

That is straight from my contract on payment.
            Thank you Cat Herder!

Comment

I’m looking into getting electronic payment. Maybe there’s a way to send them an invoice that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly View Post
                I’m looking into getting electronic payment. Maybe there’s a way to send them an invoice that way.
                Kidkare does it with the parents email. $8 a month. It also does all of your business, child records, attendance and tax records. https://www.kidkare.com/

It does menus, too, I just don't use that part.

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly View Post
                  I use Venmo for everyone. I just think they'll be shocked if I charge them and they're not here

Comment

I use Venmo for everyone. I just think they'll be shocked if I charge them and their not here
                    I don't. I think the vast majority of rational people expect to have to pay for daycare. If they don't pay it is only because they think the provider can be pushed around.

Don't be that provider. It just makes it that much harder for the next provider. :hug: You deserve to be paid.

Comment

I don't. I think the vast majority of rational people expect to have to pay for daycare. If they don't pay it is only because they think the provider can be pushed around.

Don't be that provider. It just makes it that much harder for the next provider. :hug: You deserve to be paid.
                      I agree!

Comment

I use Venmo for everyone. I just think they'll be shocked if I charge them and they're not here
                        They shouldnt be shocked, they signed a contract that states they pay if you are open :hug: theres a fine line between being nice abd getting walked over!!

Comment

Originally posted by boy_mom View Post
                          They shouldnt be shocked, they signed a contract that states they pay if you are open :hug: theres a fine line between being nice abd getting walked over!!
                          Nothing was signed. It was just an email as to what I expect.

Comment

I would write the policy, and demand a signature, now.

Comment

You really need to get together a contract and parent handbook. As soon as possible. :hug:

Comment

Dear daycare families,
                                I know that the topic of payment has come up for some of you and in this confusing time I wanted to clear up any misinformation. Tuition for your space is due at the usual time for the usual amount. This ensures that I can pay my bills and can continue to provide care for your child when we all go back to work in a few weeks. I appreciate your understanding during this trying time and can’t wait to see you soon. I hope you are all staying healthy! Blah blah blah

Comment

Working...
                                X