No announcement yet.

Can I Do Anything Other Than Terminate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sorry she is giving you a hard time. It is straight from the playbook, though. Every. Single. Time. :hug:

That is why I don't charge a deposit. No issues when they leave. 99% of the time they leave the day I give notice so I simply have them pay Monday mornings in advance for the week. If they leave Friday, I lost nothing. If they leave Wednesday, they lose two days stay.

I hope your next client is golden, you deserve it.
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
      I am sorry she is giving you a hard time. It is straight from the playbook, though. Every. Single. Time. :hug:

That is why I don't charge a deposit. No issues when they leave. 99% of the time they leave the day I give notice so I simply have them pay Monday mornings in advance for the week. If they leave Friday, I lost nothing. If they leave Wednesday, they lose two days stay.

Yeah, I go back and forth on deposits! This particular family contacted me in February 2018 and wanted 2 spots held for them until September, so I needed some sort of assurance. I used to not do a deposit and started doing one when a family out of nowhere just said the kid wasn't coming anymore, and it had nothing to do with me, just finances. It really screwed up my whole month, financially. It's like you can't win either way!

Thank you. I'm not taking any new clients and working towards closing in the next year or two, so I'm hoping this is the last time I have to deal with stuff like this!!

Comment

Originally posted by MamaG2903 View Post
        Yeah, I go back and forth on deposits! This particular family contacted me in February 2018 and wanted 2 spots held for them until September, so I needed some sort of assurance. I used to not do a deposit and started doing one when a family out of nowhere just said the kid wasn't coming anymore, and it had nothing to do with me, just finances. It really screwed up my whole month, financially. It's like you can't win either way!

Thank you. I'm not taking any new clients and working towards closing in the next year or two, so I'm hoping this is the last time I have to deal with stuff like this!!
        The sad thing is this family will never even know how lucky they were to find you. I don't know anyone who would be willing to hold two slots for anyone. You went above and beyond for them.
        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

The sad thing is this family will never even know how lucky they were to find you. I don't know anyone who would be willing to hold two slots for anyone. You went above and beyond for them.
          Man, I tried! They just seem like very self-absorbed people who have the "you work for me" mentality. Nope! I work for myself and work WITH you to help raise your children! happyface

Comment

Originally posted by MamaG2903 View Post
            Mom now wants to argue with me on the deposit for last two weeks of care 🙄 she's not staying for the full two weeks and wants a refund. Yeah, no, that's not how this works and maybe you should read your contract next time!

Let this be a cautionary tale - daycare parents will always do what is best for them, even at your expense, so we need to do the same! I'm so guilty of having more empathy than most, and while I had every right to terminate immediately after the toddler punted my rabbit across the room, but I gave 2 weeks notice to help them have more time to find alternate care. However, mom is more than happy to screw me out of $275 by pulling them a week early! THIS is why we all need to have contracts in place and charge deposits! We also need to have more backbone when dealing with daycare parents... Myself included!
            This mom takes the cake! Its her CHOICE to leave now so you owe her nothing. So crazy!

I always terminate in email now after a particularly bad face to face term. I like parents to take time to gather their thoughts and I do not need to be part of that process or their lashing out. I have never had parents use the two weeks or ask for a refund thankfully!

Anyway you must feel so relieved it is over!

Comment

Originally posted by Ariana View Post
              This mom takes the cake! Its her CHOICE to leave now so you owe her nothing. So crazy!

I always terminate in email now after a particularly bad face to face term. I like parents to take time to gather their thoughts and I do not need to be part of that process or their lashing out. I have never had parents use the two weeks or ask for a refund thankfully!

Anyway you must feel so relieved it is over!
              I am SO relieved!! One more day, one more day!

Comment

Same. I charge a deposit for potential fees on leaving though.

@Mamag I feel so bad to hear about your bunny, and I'm glad it's okay. We got a house bunny too a few weeks ago, and I've been wondering how hardy they are. Ours stays in its cage though during daycare hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Mom2Two View Post
                  Same. I charge a deposit for potential fees on leaving though.

@Mamag I feel so bad to hear about your bunny, and I'm glad it's okay. We got a house bunny too a few weeks ago, and I've been wondering how hardy they are. Ours stays in its cage though during daycare hours.
                  Believe it or not, pretty hardy! My only advice is if it's a female, have it spayed (if you haven't already). Uterine cancer is the number one cause of early death in female rabbits! This rabbit is a one I rescued - she was found outside, skin and bones with a head tilt at a friend's house. They didn't know what to do so I took her in 😂 she's my like 4th house rabbit in my lifetime and the second one currently residing in this house! Rabbits are awesome because they are like quiet small dogs 😂

Comment

Ours was found wandering outside too. But it was in okay health.

It's health is not certain right now though, since I just discovered it has eaten our roku wire.

Comment

Originally posted by Mom2Two View Post
                      Ours was found wandering outside too. But it was in okay health.

It's health is not certain right now though, since I just discovered it has eaten our roku wire.
                      Agh! I cannot tell you how many headphone wires have been the victim of our rabbit 😂

Comment

Working...
                      X