Had Anything Shocked You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had Anything Shocked You?

What are some unexpected things you’ve encountered as a daycare provider?

That the parents will be the hard part of the job.

Comment

Parents who decide to have kids... and really dont want to spend any time with them!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ms.Kay View Post
        Parents who decide to have kids... and really dont want to spend any time with them!!
        This!
        I had no idea how many parents would be dropping off to have me time on a weekly basis. Then kids eventually go through emotional times and parents are like I do not know why he cries all the time.
        I know we get paid so we should be quiet but I cannot help but notice that the damage it does to the kids.

Comment

the stressors that come EVERY DAY with this job have surprised me...i.e. expectations from so many departments, doing my taxes correctly, dealing with the public, on and on and on.......When I opened in 1992, I think I was more naive and didn't realize the long-term effects of some of these issues. But too far in to turn back now and continually pray for the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Ms.Kay View Post
            I agree with this!

Also the fact that so many parents don’t consider that daycare is also considered a bill and that needs paid on time every single week. They act like they can just pay whenever.

Comment

The boredom, oh God the boredom!!!

Comment

That I would become a germaphobe.

Comment

The volume of poop I would be dealing with.

Comment

The 4 year old that cussed like a sailor - one of my 1st kids and only term in over 25 years.

The child that brought his parent's old cell phone with nude pictures on it .

The 3 year old that brought a backpack filled with random stuff, including what I think was a bong (not 100% sure, as I've never used or seen one, prude that I am :.

Comment

The extreme lack of comprehension and reading ability from supposedly educated adults.

That I did not see coming.
                      - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

I once had a POS dcd, he was very immature. I got butt dialed by him (voicemail) it was all vile, abusive, poor me language he was screaming directed at I'm assuming his wife. She was going through cancer treatments at the time. Happily I didn't have to deal with him much longer. She divorced him and they moved away.

Comment

That almost all parents can lie with a perfectly straight face.

To never just open picture attachments a DCP sends via text message. Some things can not be unseen. (nudie pix)

The profession a parent is in DIRECTLY corresponds with the type of client and parent they are.

I don't like taking parents that work in the counseling, psychology or therapist field.

I don't like taking teacher's kids

I don't like taking kids of doctors and/or nurses.

Comment

Oh and that "Dear Parents" is almost always responded to with "Does that mean me/us too?" ::

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post

That almost all parents can lie with a perfectly straight face.

To never just open picture attachments a DCP sends via text message. Some things can not be unseen. (nudie pix)

The profession a parent is in DIRECTLY corresponds with the type of client and parent they are.

I don't like taking parents that work in the counseling, psychology or therapist field.

I don't like taking teacher's kids

I don't like taking kids of doctors and/or nurses.
                              My teachers have been great except the not wanting to pay in summer part. I just unenroll them and fill their spots.

Hate taking nurses kids, doctors are so bad. Nurses want a detailed chart kept....input and output, and they expect feedings to be scheduled like they are medications. :P

I love having cops kids, they are ALL about following rules and regs.

Comment

Working...
                              X