X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pestle View Post
    ::::

Comment

Mom came today with part two of my gift. A $25 GC to a restaurant and a $25 gift card to the liquor store plus handmade soap, shampoo bar and hand wash!

Comment

Originally posted by Meeko View Post
        I have 14 families. Most gave a small gift and a card. A couple were very generous indeed.

But the one I treasure most this year is from a sweet single mom. She's been with me for about 18 months. Her little boy is a sweetheart. Her husband just decided one day that marriage wasn't for him and walked out. They divorced. Fast forward to last month and he decided to get married again. I'm not sure of the details, but the marriage was annulled after one week!!!!!!!!!!!! He has been picking up his son less and less and last month I got a call from a guy who introduced himself as the principal of the school the mom works at in their front office. He said that the school staff wanted to secretly pay for the next month of daycare as they found out the dad isn't paying his child support and times are very tough for the mom (she has an older daughter too) and she is so sweet and selfless. So they venmo'd me the tuition and asked me not to tell her who paid it. It was so nice of them and the mom cried when I told her.

This week, she came with a pretty little dish with some candy in it. Along with it, was a heartfelt note about how much it means to her to know her son is safe and cared for and how she couldn't manage without me etc. It was lovely. I noticed later that she had forgotten to remove the tag from under the dish. She got it as the local thrift store for 50c. I got teary, because it's not the price of the gift, it's because she went out with very little money to spare to find something to give. I will treasure it.

lovethis

Comment

Bath and Body lotion set
          $20 Visa card
          $10 gift card to Sonic
          Wine
          Wine and glasses
          notebook with my name and goodies
          Small board with my name on it
          shirt

Comment

Family 1: cheese / cracker gift box set
            Presents for each of the dks (5 total)
            Pay for vacation time I take through
            out year even though they dont have
            to.
            50 walmart gift card from grandmother
            ( had a child in care for 4.5 years)

Family 2: box of chocolates
            Gift for each of the kids
            (Had a child on care for 3.5 years)

Family 3: box of chocolates
            Gift for 1 other kid (as asked for for gift
            exchange)
            ( started in October)

Comment

I have a small group this year...

Family 1 - Shawl from Zara (and paid tuition in full without question despite them being out of town for 3+ weeks over the holidays)
              Family 2 - Jo Malone Bath Oil
              Family 3 - Soup bowl set, scarf for me and GC for my dd to a hip tween store
              Family 4 - Nothing

One of my past dck families sent a holiday card and I was surprised how much that meant to me. I think I will send my holiday cards to past families in hopes more will include me in the holiday card list.

I was/am closed 12/24 - 1/7 paid and no one has yet to complain so overall that is a HUGE gift itself!

Comment

I just have 2 families, plus a family who aged out and will be back for school break next week.

Family #1. I have taken care of both of their kids with a baby joining us in the Spring. A gorgeous plush blanket and a very generous gift card.

Family #2, a poinsettia and a nice gift card. In a first for me, one set of grandparents and a great-grandparent teamed up to get me a couple of nice gift cards

Family #3 will be here next week. They have always done such lovely things. They are more like family than clients.

Comment

Originally posted by CityGarden View Post
                  I have a small group this year
                  One of my past dck families sent a holiday card and I was surprised how much that meant to me. I think I will send my holiday cards to past families in hopes more will include me in the holiday card list.

I f!
                  I started sending xmas cards to old families this year and I received cards from 3 families and was so excited! Seeing how big the kids were was just beautiful. One mom
                  Didn’t send me a card but emailed me with pictures of dcb. It’s great seeing the kids again

Comment

Originally posted by Ariana View Post
                    Family #3 - A giant blanket with her kids face all over it and a good laugh at the ridiculousness :: It is the thought that counts right?!
                    Like, with the faces printed on it? That would be a bit hard to ever donate or pass on.

But the one I treasure most this year is from a sweet single mom. She's been with me for about 18 months. Her little boy is a sweetheart. Her husband just decided one day that marriage wasn't for him and walked out. They divorced. Fast forward to last month and he decided to get married again. I'm not sure of the details, but the marriage was annulled after one week!!!!!!!!!!!! He has been picking up his son less and less and last month I got a call from a guy who introduced himself as the principal of the school the mom works at in their front office. He said that the school staff wanted to secretly pay for the next month of daycare as they found out the dad isn't paying his child support and times are very tough for the mom (she has an older daughter too) and she is so sweet and selfless. So they venmo'd me the tuition and asked me not to tell her who paid it. It was so nice of them and the mom cried when I told her.

This week, she came with a pretty little dish with some candy in it. Along with it, was a heartfelt note about how much it means to her to know her son is safe and cared for and how she couldn't manage without me etc. It was lovely. I noticed later that she had forgotten to remove the tag from under the dish. She got it as the local thrift store for 50c. I got teary, because it's not the price of the gift, it's because she went out with very little money to spare to find something to give. I will treasure it.
                    lovethis lovethis

F1 A box of pecan turtles. The family is new so they didn't realize that I would treat the pecans like they were radioactive and pass them on asap. (DD has severe nut allergies)

F2 Not completely sure what it is...I think it's a door knob Santa advent calendar???? Anyway, I hung it on the front door. I hope I didn't mess up there.

F3 A nice message of thanks, cash, and candy

F4 Their family annual message card. It was really cute, actually-very creative.

And it was so nice to get a gift from a previous family who still feels grateful for the help I gave them with a difficult situation.

Comment

Love this ❤️❤️❤️❤️

I have 14 families. Most gave a small gift and a card. A couple were very generous indeed.

Comment

I have 4 children from 3 families. I've worked with 1 family for almost 6 years between their 3 kids. I got a gift bag full of very nice bath / body products, a candle, chocolates and a photo Christmas card. They always give thoughtful gifts. Family 2 gave me $100 check (wow!), their family Christmas card (which was so funny!) and their family newsletter with the sweetest note about how thankful they are to have found me and how much they appreciate the peace of mind they have when they go to work because of me. Honestly, the rest of the gift was very nice but that note was the best part!! 😁❤️❤️ Family 3 didn't give me anything but they're young and are struggling, but they pay me full rate, on time every week and are considerate about my time so that is most important to me.

The gift value doesn't matter to me and I never expect anything. I just appreciate the thoughtfulness and knowing that I'm appreciated. I have great families right now. I'm so thankful to this board for the knowledge you've given me to help me get to this point. It has been priceless!

Comment

Originally posted by Mom2Two View Post
                          Like, with the faces printed on it? That would be a bit hard to ever donate or pass on.
                          Yes! It is actually an expensive plush blanket from Walmart but yeah has her face printed all over it ::

Comment

Working...
                          X