The Annual Christmas Gift Thread 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Annual Christmas Gift Thread 2018

Thoughtful cards? Heartwarming Thank You notes? Sweet Treats? Share it <3 What did you receive this year?
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
    Thoughtful cards? Heartwarming Thank You notes? Sweet Treats? Share it <3 What did you receive this year?
    Fuzzy socks from a sweet 3 year old. She said she didnt want my feet cold.

Comment

Originally posted by amberrose3dg View Post
      Dawww. lovethis Now that is too sweet.
      - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by amberrose3dg View Post
        That is too sweet!

I've had a 3 day party going on here because not all the kids are here on the same day. So fun fun fun! I'm so tired though

Daycare fam 1: A gift certificate to a local spa for a 60 minute massage, manicure and pedicure and she also included a $25 tip.

Fam 2: Gift certificate for a gel nail manicure

Fam 3: A gift bag with a coffee mug, a box of candy and an oven mitt with a sugar cookie mix in it.

Fam 4: 2 foaming hand soaps from bath and body works and a cute ceramic soap holder and a bottle of wine

Fam 5: bottle of wine and a $25 gift card to a local restaurant that I frequent

Fam 6: an alex and ani bracelet with a coffee mug on it, a candy bar and one of those frozen drink bags.

Fam 7: $50 target gift card

Fam 8: $60 cash

Fam 9: 2 wine glasses with the shape of Michigan on them. That's the thing in Michigan in our area. The shape of our state on everything. Love it. Also a bottle of wine

Comment

Wow, LMK2, that is quite the haul. Nice. ::

Comment

$50 Amazon gift card, $100 cash, nice scented candle, spa gift card. I really treasure the cards hand-written by parents (okay, moms), though. I feel appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
              Wow, LMK2, that is quite the haul. Nice. ::
              I know. It's one of the most generous years I have had. I have to add and I feel bad not adding it before, but 3 of those gifts also had cards with very touching notes written in them. They all made me tear up honestly.

Comment

DCF1- amazon gift card, tray of homemade frozen cinnamon rolls, & jar of cookies & chocolate covered popcorn.

DCF2 always buys gifts for my own kids. happyface

Comment

Family 1: a basket with an assortment of ghiridelli chocolates

Family 2: fuzzy blanket, fuzzy socks, bottle of wine, chocolates

Family 3: chalk board with a very thoughtful poem saying thank you for caring for her child with a 25 giftcard to city bbq

Family 4: gift basket 5 bath and body works candles, a wall flower with 3 refills, perfume from Victoria secret, an assortment of hand soaps and lotions also from bath and bottle works, a bottle of wine, a giant mug with a 25 giftcard to Starbucks

I was blown away by the appreciation my families showed me in their gifts.

Comment

I have had three out of my four families for a few years now and they are all exceptionally generous. Also my daycare is called Honeybee so I generally get a lot of bee themed things.

Family 1 (2 children) : this was one of the children's last week as they are off to kindergarten next year so they gave me a present a day. I got a pandora bracelet, a $40 voucher to get my nails done, a $30 voucher for the local movies, a years subscription to an internet site called Storybox and on the same day a lovely children's book about bees that save their friends and on the last day two bunches of flowers .

Family 2: A gorgeous bee hanging ornament, a bee robot, a children's book about a sneezing bee and a joke roll of toilet paper because when her child first started toilet training the first time he used the toilet here he tried to flush a full roll of toilet paper.

Family 3: $150 in cash.

Family 4: a $200 gift card to our local shopping centre and the sweetest card written from both dad and mum (they both wrote their own bits) which honestly bought a tear to my eye as it was so lovely.

The most touching part though was that they got together and did up a donation box for the dogs at our local pound that I volunteer at and donated it under my name. I was so touched as it showed they obviously listen to me when I rave on about what I have done on the weekend and they knew what was important to me.

Comment

Family #1 - nothing

Family #2 - nothing

Family #3 - $50 Chili's gift card, 2 fuzzy blankets, candle

Family #3, I've had for 6 years. Mom has never even said Merry Christmas or Happy Birthday. Dad usually at least says MC and sometimes gives me something little. The grandma always goes way out for me.

Comment

F1: A text saying they are staying home for the length of school vacation and to have a Merry Christmas. (Already pre-paid, won't attend next week through the 2nd )

F2: Scented candle with a warmer set, Chocolates, Lavender Bath Salts, and Stress Relief hand lotion.

F3: A gift certificate to my favorite local mom & pop restaurant in the same amount as the discount I gave on next weeks tuition (one day's rate, so I lose no pay) and they are also staying home for the length of school vacation (pre-paid won't attend next week through the 2nd. .)

F4: Picked up late, rushed out. Looked confused when I handed off her child's gift, said nothing. (This is my all night and weekend texter I half expect a "are you open Monday?" text any minute. )

Comment

Bath & Body Works Candle
                          2 bath and body works hand soap
                          Bath and body works hand gel
                          Massage socks
                          Sams/Walmart Gift Card
                          Cookie mix in a jar
                          My favorite College Team shirt
                          Hand Cream
                          2 Christmas Ornaments

I have 11 parents and each brought something for my assistant and I but there were three parents that give us hand-written cards of appreciation. I always put these in my Training Documentation/reference book.

Comment

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
                            Bath & Body Works Candle
                            2 bath and body works hand soap
                            Bath and body works hand gel
                            Massage socks
                            Sams/Walmart Gift Card
                            Cookie mix in a jar
                            My favorite College Team shirt
                            Hand Cream
                            2 Christmas Ornaments

I have 11 parents and each brought something for my assistant and I but there were three parents that give us hand-written cards of appreciation. I always put these in my Training Documentation/reference book.
                            I do this too. I also go back and read them when I am having a particularly rough time with work.

Comment

Bath and body works soap (2)
                              Bath and body works lotion (2)
                              Candy

Comment

Working...
                              X