The Annual Christmas Gift Thread 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All 6 families——- Nothing

That’s ok though, I still get all of their children birthday and Xmas gifts.

Must note, first time in 15 years I got nada.

Comment

Family #1 - Movie passes for my family and a heartfelt card

Family #2 - Mom owns a spa and did my nails for free. She told me it was part one of my gift but have yet to receive part two!

Family #3 - A giant blanket with her kids face all over it and a good laugh at the ridiculousness :: It is the thought that counts right?!

Comment

F1: nothing

F2: nothing

F3: $50 Amazon gift card and a nice card

Comment

F1: two kids, $200 cash and a handwritten card

F2: homemade wall hanging/picture frame.. super cute and personal

F3: bottle of wine and restaurant gift card

F4: haven’t seen as I took an unexpected sick day yesterday, child is off all next week but says she’s swinging by with a present sometime next week

F5: nothing, only ones that sent their child when I texted that I was sick saying they can come but to be on call in case I can’t make it. I couldn’t and I sent him home before lunch. They’re young I didn’t expect anything

Comment

F1-F5: GC to favorite restaurants, fleece throw blanket, scented candles (sandalwood... my FAV!) coffee cup w/gourmet coffe and some home made goodies)

F6 and F7 holiday cards with family photos

F8-F12... nothing

Right now all my families are pretty decent and are all respectful and kind.

They all make odd/head scratching comments once in a awhile or have WTH behaviors but for the most part they’re all pretty good so I definitely am not complaining.

I think the best thing I got from them all was not one single parent made a comment or protest that I’m closed (paid) until Wed Jan 3, 2019 happyface

Comment

1. Gift card to local coffee shop
              2. Gift card to different local coffee shop
              3. Bag of coffee, 6 of my favorite local candies (dark chocolate covered caramels with sea salt)
              4. Handcrafted bag for the beach
              5. Lotions
              6. 6 more of my favorite candies. (from child not even in my class yet.)
              7. Local jam and target gift card.
              8. Gift card to favorite restaurant

You can tell that the school office sells gift cards, and the profits help fundraise for he school. Also, the secretary is a good friend of mine and apparently was asked by most of these families what I'd like. She said coffee.::

Comment

I have 14 families. Most gave a small gift and a card. A couple were very generous indeed.

But the one I treasure most this year is from a sweet single mom. She's been with me for about 18 months. Her little boy is a sweetheart. Her husband just decided one day that marriage wasn't for him and walked out. They divorced. Fast forward to last month and he decided to get married again. I'm not sure of the details, but the marriage was annulled after one week!!!!!!!!!!!! He has been picking up his son less and less and last month I got a call from a guy who introduced himself as the principal of the school the mom works at in their front office. He said that the school staff wanted to secretly pay for the next month of daycare as they found out the dad isn't paying his child support and times are very tough for the mom (she has an older daughter too) and she is so sweet and selfless. So they venmo'd me the tuition and asked me not to tell her who paid it. It was so nice of them and the mom cried when I told her.

This week, she came with a pretty little dish with some candy in it. Along with it, was a heartfelt note about how much it means to her to know her son is safe and cared for and how she couldn't manage without me etc. It was lovely. I noticed later that she had forgotten to remove the tag from under the dish. She got it as the local thrift store for 50c. I got teary, because it's not the price of the gift, it's because she went out with very little money to spare to find something to give. I will treasure it.

Comment

This was only my fourth week open. I have three families enrolled but two families have only been here 2 weeks so I surely didn't expect anything!

My third family is my daughter's!! My little 14 mo. Granddaughter comes full tine and her SA brother and sister come after school.

Last night my daughter cane with a cute mug, lotion and Chapstick as a daycare Christmas gift from Paisley, Mason & Grace! Awwwww!

Comment

Originally posted by Meeko View Post
                    I have 14 families. Most gave a small gift and a card. A couple were very generous indeed.j

But the one I treasure most this year is from a sweet single mom. She's been with me for about 18 months. Her little boy is a sweetheart. Her husband just decided one day that marriage wasn't for him and walked out. They divorced. Fast forward to last month and he decided to get married again. I'm not sure of the details, but the marriage was annulled after one week!!!!!!!!!!!! He has been picking up his son less and less and last month I got a call from a guy who introduced himself as the principal of the school the mom works at in their front office. He said that the school staff wanted to secretly pay for the next month of daycare as they found out the dad isn't paying his child support and times are very tough for the mom (she has an older daughter too) and she is so sweet and selfless. So they venmo'd me the tuition and asked me not to tell her who paid it. It was so nice of them and the mom cried when I told her.

This week, she came with a pretty little dish with some candy in it. Along with it, was a heartfelt note about how much it means to her to know her son is safe and cared for and how she couldn't manage without me etc. It was lovely. I noticed later that she had forgotten to remove the tag from under the dish. She got it as the local thrift store for 50c. I got teary, because it's not the price of the gift, it's because she went out with very little money to spare to find something to give. I will treasure it.
                    What a beautiful story! The true meaning of Christmas for sure lovethis

Comment

F1: gift certificate for massage, chocolates, headband, tervis cup
                      F2: gift card for red lobster
                      F3: hand towel set & the dck's favorite animal crackers.
                      F4: cash
                      F5: gift certificate for massage
                      F6: gift card for Target & homemade goodies
                      F7: Himalayan salt lamp, homemade goodies, gift card for red lobster
                      F8: homemade bath salts, chocolate, gift card to Burger King.
                      F9: 100 pc stamp set for the daycare, gift certificate for massage.

To say I was spoiled would be an understatement! And sidenote, I get a massage every month, hence all the certificates for them 😀

Comment

Originally posted by Ariana View Post
                        What a beautiful story! The true meaning of Christmas for sure lovethis
                        I agree! It's so nice to read stories like this.lovethis

Comment

Originally posted by Meeko View Post
                          I have 14 families. Most gave a small gift and a card. A couple were very generous indeed.

Love this story. Warms my heart!

Comment

$100 Target gift card
                            $50 cash and Nothing Bundt bundtlet
                            Cat basket full of cute, funny cat items- slippers, blanket, mug, wine glass, jewelry holder, kitchen timer and ornaments (I rescue and bottle-feed orphaned kittens)
                            Candy jar w/chocolate bars
                            Funny wine glasses, funny t-shirt and bottle of wine
                            Starbucks gift card

Comment

Originally posted by Chicupfront View Post
                              $100 Target gift card
                              $50 cash and Nothing Bundt bundtlet
                              Cat basket full of cute, funny cat items- slippers, blanket, mug, wine glass, jewelry holder, kitchen timer and ornaments (I rescue and bottle-feed orphaned kittens)
                              Candy jar w/chocolate bars
                              Funny wine glasses, funny t-shirt and bottle of wine
                              Starbucks gift card
                              Love the cat basket idea; that took some thought! And yay that you rescue and bottle feed orphaned kittens!!

Comment

I got money.

Comment

Working...
                                X