No announcement yet.

DCD Followed Me to My Bedroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that is you want privacy in your home then you should nap the babies in another room where it's ok for parent's to check in on them. If there are no kids being taken care of in any rooms that you want considered private then there's no reason to allow a parent to go into those rooms (I've been asked and I refuse to show rooms that are not used for daycare).

It's acceptable and normal especially in this day and age for a parent to expect and be able to check in on their children at any give time of the day to make sure that they are ok. Parent's should have accessibility to their kids at any given time.

If this creates an issue one thing that can be done is to limit the amount of time that a parent can be in your home to 10-15 minutes and have a policy that states that if they show up they have to take their child home and only one drop off and pickup per day.

As family child care providers yes this is our home but it is also a choice we make to also turn it into a business for the public. I wouldn't leave my child with a provider that didn't let me see my child in a room in their home.

Comment

The thing is though, this parent didn't ask to see where his child was and OP didn't say no you can't see and deny him access. He simply followed her. So honestly could have just been an innocent thing and not that he was checking to make sure she wasn't doing something wrong.

Comment

Working...
      X