2018 Hot Car Deaths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
    Parents no longer held their child responsible.
    (It is always someone else's fault)
    Children no longer had to the pain of losing.
    (Everyone is a winner)
    Parents based their "performance" on appearances (social media) verses results (responsible adults that ARE adults, not just pretending to adult for a day)

The list goes on.......

That is the same time period in which "those" children became parents themselves. Sadly though, they were never taught to be an adult so instead are raising kids as kids themselves.

(ETA: I am not speaking about ALL kids/parents of that generation.)
    This!!!! What has happened, is that Society has changed to a more me-centric lifestyle. Everybody is entitled, not responsible for anything, punishments are considered inhumane and so people get a slap on the wrist when they do some seriously stupid crap, excuses are widely accepted and sometimes even encouraged inadvertently because everyone feels that they have to have some sort of sympathy , instead of holding people accountable for what they do, and life is not valued. Things are valued, appearances are valued, statuses are valued. Very little emphasis is placed on the importance of life, and preserving life. People just don't care. Sometimes, I think that the cases might even be murderous. If nothing else, they're extremely negligent. It will never ever ever make any sense to me, why people don't remember that they have a kid but they can remember their phone or their purse or their keys...

I remember every day was a chaotic and completely different schedule. I had twins to take care of, and another infant oh, so it was quite a bit like taking care of triplets. I also had preschoolers and a kindergartener that I was taking to and from different schools, picking them up at different times and taking them to other activities, all of my classes I had to take for both college and for continuing education for child care, parent meetings that I would have at random, grocery store trips, field trips, you name it I was doing it. Never once did I ever forget a kid. Forgotten to go pick up something at the grocery store, yes. Accidentally forgot to go to an appointment , yes. Left my phone at home, definitely! Hell I think I even left my purse at home. Never once, will one of those kids left behind. Why? I valued them too much to let something happen to them. Our job as parents and caregivers is to ensure their safety, well-being, Health to the best of our ability, and love. Loving these kids means not putting them in back of our mind. It is one thing for some sort of freak accident to happen, but forgetting a child is no accident.

Comment

Working...
    X