X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
    35, now.

It'll never stop
    Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
    They are also our future.

Comment

• Another sad story. But wow!

Comment

• Originally posted by happymom View Post
        That is really sad but glad to hear the kids made it.

Comment

• The baby who was left in a car at INTEL in Portland Oregon and I believe the father was initially charged with the death, it has been determined the baby did not die from extreme heat.

The medically examiner said the baby died within the first hour of being in the car and has ruled the case as SIDS.

The baby had also gone in for a six month appt. that morning so it has to make you wonder if the baby had a reaction to shots possibly? I think the medical examiner said no but it still makes you wonder.
          Each day is a fresh start
          Never look back on regrets
          Live life to the fullest
          We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

• 36, now.

36 8/23/2018 Huntsville, AL 86° Girl 2 yr

A 2-year-old girl died in a hot car today in Huntsville, police said.

The child's parent pulled over at Fleetwood Homes business on South Memorial Parkway just north of Airport Road after realizing she was in the car, authorities said.
            - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

• I've been "watching" the language of these articles as they occur.
              • "Tragic accident"
              • "Accidental death"

BOTH words above are very common when used in articles where parents or grandparents are the ones that left the child.

The words below appear most often in cases where anyone but the parent or grandparent left the child;
              • "Reckless homicide"
              • "Aggravated manslaughter"
              • "Culpable negligence"

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                I've been "watching" the language of these articles as they occur.
                • "Tragic accident"
                • "Accidental death"

BOTH words above are very common when used in articles where parents or grandparents are the ones that left the child.

The words below appear most often in cases where anyone but the parent or grandparent left the child;
                • "Reckless homicide"
                • "Aggravated manslaughter"
                • "Culpable negligence"
                As always.

Full accountability rarely seems to extend to parents.
                - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
                  As always.

Full accountability rarely seems to extend to parents.
                  That's because parents have an excuse, all the hard work and pressure of being a parent. They have more allowance for mistakes.
                  Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
                  They are also our future.

Comment

• Because of this tread, I now use the WAZE app every day to take me to work. I put it in my calendar so it automatically knows every day where I need to be at 8:30 and it asks me if that's where I am going when I get in the car and automatically pulls up directions for me.

When I arrive at my work it verbally reminds me to "check car seats"

It seems so silly sometimes, but today I forgot my son's backpack and lunch at home and didn't realize until we were in the school drop off line. Sometimes I am such a scatterhead.

Comment

• Originally posted by happymom View Post
                      Because of this tread, I now use the WAZE app every day to take me to work. I put it in my calendar so it automatically knows every day where I need to be at 8:30 and it asks me if that's where I am going when I get in the car and automatically pulls up directions for me.

When I arrive at my work it verbally reminds me to "check car seats"

It seems so silly sometimes, but today I forgot my son's backpack and lunch at home and didn't realize until we were in the school drop off line. Sometimes I am such a scatterhead.
                      That's awesome :hug:

Comment

• After reading this thread I decided to do some googling for Australia

CHILDREN LEFT UNATTENDED IN CARS Leaving children unattended in a car – even for a short period of time – can be fatal. NAVIGATION Leaving children unattended in a car – even for a short period of time – can be fatal. Children are particularly at risk because they can lose fluid quickly, become dehydrated […]

Hopefully these links work. These were the only two that I could find in a quick 5 minute look - it kept wanting to direct me to road deaths rather than hot car deaths.

We are smaller than America so the numbers wouldn't be a realistic contrast but it is certainly an interesting point that we don't have the same level of numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aussiedaycare View Post
                          After reading this thread I decided to do some googling for Australia
                          These were the only two that I could find in a quick 5 minute look - it kept wanting to direct me to road deaths rather than hot car deaths.

We are smaller than America so the numbers wouldn't be a realistic contrast but it is certainly an interesting point that we don't have the same level of numbers.
                          Very interesting. It seems people are more likely to notice and get involved there, saving lives. "Between 1st September 2016 and 31st August 2017, Ambulance Victoria responded to 1,696 callouts for people locked in cars across Victoria, with the vast majority being cases involving toddlers and babies."

I did notice one commonality, though.

“We didn’t sleep through the night. It was a rough night and I went to drop off my kid at school,” the child’s father, Richard Ligault, said.

“He fell asleep in the car and I thought he was at school and I went straight to work. I was very confused.”

Glad he survived and is back home with his family.

Comment

• 37, now.

37 8/28/2018 Coram, NY 91° Girl 11 y

“The mother and two other kids were running errands doing day-to-day things," he said. "They went into the house and at some point in time realized that the 11-year-old was still in the car.” Police did not release the girl's name."

Asked whether the girl had any disabilities, Beyrer replied, ”We’re speaking to the family right now about the child’s condition. I don’t have a definitive answer on that.” - https://www.newsday.com/long-island/...ead-1.20707220

Comment

• Originally posted by Aussiedaycare View Post

I find that type of info fascinating on many levels.
                              Why is it so regional? What are the commonalities and the oddities that separate the differences....

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
                              37, now.

37 8/28/2018 Coram, NY 91° Girl 11 y

Asked whether the girl had any disabilities, Beyrer replied, ”We’re speaking to the family right now about the child’s condition. I don’t have a definitive answer on that.” - https://www.newsday.com/long-island/...ead-1.20707220
                              I heard on the news this morning that she was special needs. To what extent I don't know but I did hear that she was.

Comment

• So tragic!

I can't imagine how this happens to an 11 year old unless there are special needs =(

Comment

Working...
                                X