Hands Off vs Hands On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CalCare View Post
    But RIE is only a parenting style because it's been adapted by parents. It was developed for care of many children in an orphanage with lower number of adult staff. It's literally made for childcare.
    To me this is the same kind of setting as being a parent. It is 24/7 influence. I can see this working 100% when this is the only method being used. The reason I feel it doesn't always work in childcare is because it is not being implemented at home. A child will develop behavior patterns based on how the parents interact with them that have nothing to do with daycare and if consistancy between daycare and home is not there I don't see how it could work. Studies have shown that parental influence trumps daycare influence every time.

Comment

I can see that.

Comment

Originally posted by hwichlaz View Post
        This is totally why people say ridiculous things like, "My child made me late."

My response is usually, "outside of a diaper explosion, a 30 lb person that you can pick up and place in the car does not have the ability to make you late unless you allow it"

Comment

Originally posted by hwichlaz View Post
          Giving them time to comply on their own, and then insisting is what I've seen get the best results long term.
          This pretty much describes what I do too.

Comment

Working...
          X